+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CleanEffects/REME Halo, or PureAir, or HALO-LED

Post Likes

CleanEffects/REME Halo, or PureAir, or HALO-LED

I am undecided on what direction I want to go with in upgrading my indoor air quality.

At our prior home, we used to have the Trane CleanEffects with Guardian Air QR+ and was very impressed with it, and we would rarely see any dust in the house. Also, my wife suffers from allergies and is very sensitive to dust. We also liked the periodic smell coming from the UV light.

Move forward a few years later and we moved into a home that was build four years ago, and my wife's sneezing has came back again. Our home has a Lennox Elite system that I have used the Honeywell 20x25x4 FPR 10 air cleaner filter that I changed every three months and notice after three months it was dirty, and still have some little dust and her sneezing has not stopped. We don't wear shoes and have all hardwood floors/tile in the house and a few months ago a contractor said the ducts and everything is sealed good. Now, my wife is adament she wants the same system we had in our prior home, the Trane CleanEffects and UV light. It appears less contractors stock the Guardian Air QR+, but have the REME Halo. The only downside for me, is that I'm the one who had to clean the PreFilter monthly, and Collection cells quarterly lol.

I did research on the Lennox Pure Air system and I like the fact that it has a UV light with the system and catalyst, and I can purchase the Lennox maintenance kit on Amazon. Lennox recommends to replace this yearly, but I'm thinking the MERV16 filter would have to be replaced every six months, and UV bulb/catalyst yearly. Only reason is from my experience on seeing how dirty the Honeywell 20x25x4 FPR 10 air cleaner filter was getting after three months. For the UV light on Pure Air, how would that be compared to the REME Halo and Halo-LED? seems the pricing is less expensive and not sure the effectiveness between the two.

The other option is that my HVAC already fits a 20x25x4 Honeywell filter that has actual size of 9.9375 in. x 24.875 in. x 4.375 in. is the CleanEffects/Pure Air going to be twice as effective, if I decide to just add a REME Halo or HALO-LED?

Post Likes
    It appears my Lennox HVAC will fit the Lennox Healthy Climate MERV16 and MERV13 filters. Seems cheaper to just try one of those filters along with REME Halo.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in