Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes

    What were they thinking when they made this POS?

    Hmm!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. Likes yg1box liked this post.
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Getting warmer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Oh I get it! it's a wrap around access panel!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    1,284
    Post Likes
    They were thinking money money money.

    Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    They were thinking money money money.

    Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I guess your right as they had to make up for the cost of the 5 angle brackets they used on the return to stiffen the TURD up. I guess? IDK?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. Likes Deathpunch0311, Core_d liked this post.
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma home its in the name
    Posts
    1,284
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Yeah. I guess your right as they had to make up for the cost of the 5 angle brackets they used on the return to stiffen the TURD up. I guess? IDK?
    They made it irritating to work on so that the tech would recommend replacement sooner than later.

    Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes Deathpunch0311, Core_d liked this post.
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    They made it irritating to work on so that the tech would recommend replacement sooner than later.

    Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, like a window unit?

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    533
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Yeah. I guess your right as they had to make up for the cost of the 5 angle brackets they used on the return to stiffen the TURD up. I guess? IDK?
    Not saying it's what you got here, but on larger Carrier air handlers, those extra pieces are in there to be removed and mounted on the supply duct outlet as flanges for the ductwork.


  12. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAINIK View Post
    Not saying it's what you got here, but on larger Carrier air handlers, those extra pieces are in there to be removed and mounted on the supply duct outlet as flanges for the ductwork.
    Yeah, I think your right! But, it's still a terrible design. Carrier has some other ones where they used a single panel to cover blower, electrical and compressor sections, Instead of using individual panels for each area and it really sucks when some guy mounts his disconnect to it.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,281
    Post Likes
    Split coil ?

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Split coil ?
    Yes, the one in the pic is.

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,281
    Post Likes
    You gonna polish that thing up ?

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    You gonna polish that thing up ?
    Nah, I done cut it all up yesterday. It's heading to the scrap yard tomorrow. Maybe it'll become a Chinese minisplit one day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR