Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

any help appreciated

Name:  IMG_0310.PNG
Views: 299
Size:  5.96 MBName:  IMG_0310.PNG
Views: 299
Size:  5.96 MB

Does anyone know what this is and how to get it off? We are trying to access the drain line to flush/clean it out and the thing wont budge.

Post Likes
    If you don’t know what it is you shouldn’t take it off. It’s wrong, it needs to be cut out and installed properly with the proper components.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

3. Likes Fender60, Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    If you don’t know what it is you shouldn’t take it off. It’s wrong, it needs to be cut out and installed properly with the proper components.
    Cut what out? This home is 9 years old was built to code. The ac itself is nice and cool and running now in hot ga heat

Accessing the drain line however is hard

Post Likes
    Try the other end!

6. Likes Ambergsu7 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambergsu7 View Post

Does anyone know what this is and how to get it off? We are trying to access the drain line to flush/clean it out and the thing wont budge.
    The white pipe IS the AC condensate drain. It won't come apart because it's been glued in place. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they left you access to clean the trap. Have your AC company re-work that for you so you can periodically clean it.
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Statements made by me are strictly my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. I am not authorized to make any official statements on behalf of my employer.
    Any technical advice offered by me is for educational purposes only, all HVAC related repairs should only be attempted by qualified personnel.

Post Likes
    Cut what out? This home is 9 years old was built to code.
    Apparently not.
    Have your service provider cut that out and replace it.

Post Likes

Cut what out?
    This home is 9 years old was built to code.

The ac itself is nice and cool and running now in hot ga heat

Accessing the drain line however is hard.
    _ ONLY built to code.
    _ So,
    ____ WHERE IS[are] the PVC Pipe Union[s] that enables disassembly?

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing...z18i3xZ1z114xb
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

10. Likes STEVEusaPA liked this post.
    Post Likes
    What I mean by that is we had this home inspected before purchase along with hvac tech to inspect the hvac and everything was fine.

Post Likes
    That trap is a maintenance related item. Should be taken off and cleaned yearly. Not to mention it blocks the filter door on the air handler, how have you been changing your air filter?
    That trap needs to be cut out and redone properly. To where it’s not blocking essential parts of the equipment, and can be removed and cleaned.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

13. Likes sammyray liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Changed filter last week..try to change it once a month if I remember. Unit works well when it’s not clogged. Nice freezing cold air.

Post Likes
    I’m confused, the air filter we change out every month is on the ceiling or the house? Or is there another?

Post Likes
    A trap can be install without blocking air filter door. Also trap can be insulated to keep mold from developing.

Post Likes
    I know it's early central time for me, but what kind of application is that, with the coil setting on what looks like a wood box, setting down in the overflow pan. Maybe someone can explain, while I grab my second cup of coffee.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast