+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with this picture?

Post Likes
    I have app 25 years experience. I am retired now but help out a few friends when they have issues or need advice. I made 75K my first full year in the trade. I have been a service tech for most of these years. I have also been a service manager for two companies for app 4 years and worked for myself a few years. All referral and all I did was service. For installs I recommended a friend. I made as much as 115K as a tech. I have worked straight hourly, hourly with spiffs and straight commission. Mainly worked flat rate except for one company and commercial which was T&M.
    I always felt my strength was providing value or the feeling of value to my customers I served. I trained under two people. One was nothing but a salesman and the other wouldn't sell anything but wanted to fix everything. I wanted to be the best combination of both. I wasn't the best at either but was the best combination of those two I ever saw. I knew how to make money for my company and served the customer the best way I knew how.
    That is a decent summary of who I was in the HVACR trade. Some credentials are in the profile but not all.

To address the issues here I wouldn't need any experience just the basic concepts of business would suffice.

The best owners, managers and service managers I ever worked with were not the best techs necessarily. They always were the best combination that I described above. They understood the technical side of the business along with sales and business. I know many good techs that failed at the business because they lacked the other parts.

2. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I believe there is enough in my profile to answer that. Why is more information needed? I asked before is it the belief that one with less education shouldn't question someone with more?
    I'll answer that Q w/ an answer that even you will be able to comprehend. NO WAY IN HELL!

I will add that just because I have an addiction,that does not mean in any way that I was "paying attention/or remembering or retained ANYTHING or even recalling anything correctly". And your reason for arrogance might be ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    I'll answer that Q w/ an answer that even you will be able to comprehend. NO WAY IN HELL!
    "NO WAY IN HELL" what my frightened friend?

Post Likes
    "NO WAY IN HELL" what my frightened friend?
    Aha, your higher assness prevails. NO WAY IN HELL!!! anyone has the right to ask Q's of anyone else. As an Apprentice I was told to write my Q's down in a pad and ask them when work was over,because as the Tech told me "WE are working now,WE are providing a Service now,WE are providing Quality and Value now, & NOW IS NOT THE TIME"

Post Likes
    Aha, your higher assness prevails. NO WAY IN HELL!!! anyone has the right to ask Q's of anyone else. As an Apprentice I was told to write my Q's down in a pad and ask them when work was over,because as the Tech told me "WE are working now,WE are providing a Service now,WE are providing Quality and Value now, & NOW IS NOT THE TIME"
    It never seems to be the time for you to answer a question my frightened friend.

Are you having a flashback or something?

Post Likes
    It never seems to be the time for you to answer a question my frightened friend.
    U R so funny , now your dumbness is KING.Listen carefully OH KING! . " ANYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO ASK Q'S OF ANYONE ELSE". Got that yet?

Post Likes
    U R so funny , now your dumbness is KING.Listen carefully OH KING! . " ANYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO ASK Q'S OF ANYONE ELSE". Got that yet?
    I already knew that genius. Asking isn't the issue my frightened friend, answering seems to be the issue.

I see why people feel the need to come to your defense. You need a stronger second and third though.

Post Likes
    I already knew that genius. Asking isn't the issue my frightened friend, answering seems to be the issue.

I see why people feel the need to come to your defense.
    Now stupid enters your profile. My answer is an answer, but not for you!!!!

Post Likes
    Believe me I understand. Funny how people who act gruff seem to be the most insecure. Are you hugging yourself right now?

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Likes BBeerme, Lahrs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Sorry I'm late dudes 😃

Post Likes
    Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends !!!

Post Likes
    Typical whining projecting hypocrite. No big surprise really.

Post Likes
    Thank you for finally answering the question.

I have app 25 years experience. I am retired now but help out a few friends when they have issues or need advice. I made 75K my first full year in the trade. I have been a service tech for most of these years. I have also been a service manager for two companies for app 4 years and worked for myself a few years. All referral and all I did was service. For installs I recommended a friend. I made as much as 115K as a tech. I have worked straight hourly, hourly with spiffs and straight commission. Mainly worked flat rate except for one company and commercial which was T&M.
    I always felt my strength was providing value or the feeling of value to my customers I served. I trained under two people. One was nothing but a salesman and the other wouldn't sell anything but wanted to fix everything. I wanted to be the best combination of both. I wasn't the best at either but was the best combination of those two I ever saw. I knew how to make money for my company and served the customer the best way I knew how.
    That is a decent summary of who I was in the HVACR trade. Some credentials are in the profile but not all.

To address the issues here I wouldn't need any experience just the basic concepts of business would suffice.

The best owners, managers and service managers I ever worked with were not the best techs necessarily. They always were the best combination that I described above. They understood the technical side of the business along with sales and business. I know many good techs that failed at the business because they lacked the other parts.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Come inside, come inside . . .

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends !!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Thank you for finally answering the question.
    Now what was the relevance of the much more detailed answer that was already available?

Post Likes
    We're so glad you could attend . . . !

Post Likes
    What a flood of memories from the mid to late 70's . . . Thank you!

21. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Trying to put the comments you make on here in perspective. It's difficult. But I'm trying.

Now what was the relevance of the much more detailed answer that was already available?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Trying to put the comments you make on here in perspective. It's difficult. But I'm trying.
    10% of his customers leave because of attitude and prices and I say to build value and you need to know more than what was already available??? Stay a service technician and don't venture out on your own or pursue a career in management is the best advice you will ever get.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in