Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Another Retrofit

Typical 20 year old home, uncomfortable homeowner, noisy equipment, multiple breakdowns. Cut equipment size in half per load calc, custom ductwork to improve airflow through equipment, sealed ductwork, balanced home airflow. Happy customer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes

TESP, Cutting equipment size in half certainly helps but airflow entering and exiting equipment has the highest impact on TESP.

4. Likes STEVEusaPA, kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I’d be curious as to what year that furnace was built, as from what I read Janitrol was last used as a name in 1992, making that furnace 28+ years old?

Very nice install as usual.....is that the north side of the residence?.....a slight tripping hazard if that sprinkler head does not drop down..I suppose that’s what a inverted bucket is for...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Id be curious as to what year that furnace was built, as from what I read Janitrol was last used as a name in 1992, making that furnace 28+ years old?

Very nice install as usual.....is that the north side of the residence?.....a slight tripping hazard if that sprinkler head does not drop down..I suppose thats what a inverted bucket is for...
    House was built in 2003, data tag is a Goodman 2003 manufacture date. Goodman must of kept the janitrol tag for awhile.

Thank you

Post Likes
    Back in my basement finishing days (late 1990's), before HVAC...
    Used Goodman equipment...

That looks like one of those 'dependable 92' furnaces...
    They did work well... albeit figuring out how to set up the condensate tubing took a little head scratching.
    Once they were in... they worked fine!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Basement replacements are nice and a perk IMO, do you do any other equipment installs/replacement with new ductwork/modifications to existing in such places as in hot attics?

Post Likes
    Yep, those old rainbow stickers!! I put a few of those in between '01-'04. The drain setups were kooky, but they were pretty "dependable".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Basement replacements are nice and a perk IMO, do you do any other equipment installs/replacement with new ductwork/modifications to existing in such places as in hot attics?
    Im in Michigan so most of my installations are in basements. I am currently designing and installing a new system in an attic of a slab home. So not terrible as the home is gutted and Im not crawling around in old insulation.

Post Likes
    My experience with the Dependable 92 is large cracks on the collector box and blown out HX on the first bend. I think the collector box was a manufacturing issue, HX failures due to over sizing, over firing and poor airflow.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    My experience with the Dependable 92 is large cracks on the collector box and blown out HX on the first bend. I think the collector box was a manufacturing issue, HX failures due to over sizing, over firing and poor airflow.

I found a lot of those guys with small holes cut in for the return. Worst one I saw was they only cut a 6"x6" square for the return. Goodman installers .

Post Likes
    That's newer than the Dependable 92. The GUN.

34, amazing job. Never seen a system static that low.

Post Likes

Another Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post

TESP, Cutting equipment size in half certainly helps but airflow entering and exiting equipment has the highest impact on TESP.

These readings taken at the supply duct and return duct locations? If so this system is running more like .8 or 1.0? Only reason I ask is I see the holes drilled in the duct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Bruh! I cant even. You think a guy that does a beautiful install like this dont know how to check static. This guy practically invented static. Beautiful work as always johoff34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast