Thread: RX11 flush without nitrogen purge?

Post Likes

Confused RX11 flush without nitrogen purge?

Converting R22 system to 410a, decide to flush the line-set. Just wondering, after flush with RX11, can i skip the Nitrogen purge instead using a Vacuum Pump to evacuate it?

What will happen after using RX11 without nitrogen purge?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    If the system isn’t contaminated the RX11 flush isn’t necessary.
    Just blow it out with nitrogen.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

3. Likes rquave33, Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    unless its a bad burnout flushing a system is a waste of time

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rquave33 View Post
    unless its a bad burnout flushing a system is a waste of time
    Even with a bad burnout flushing is a waste.

Post Likes
    I know our installers will flush with rx11 when a new line set can’t be pulled and going from r22 to 410a. So are you saying there is no need to flush if a line set can’t be replaced. What about the small amount of oil in the line set, could that cause an issue? An other option I have seen the installers use super change, it is in a can and is injected after the final charge.

Post Likes
    There is NO reason to flush the lines. How much oil can be in there a few ozs tops.

Post Likes
    Ok. I always though lines had to be flushed. So just blowing some nitrogen through is good enough? So no burn out just blow it out.

Post Likes
    Come on - this whole r11 flush IMO is a joke - it boils off almost as soon as u release it.
    And if there is a 50’ line set , do u really think that your going to clean all the copper piping??
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Yeah. It it smells so terrible it HAS to be working

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    Ok. I always though lines had to be flushed. So just blowing some nitrogen through is good enough? So no burn out just blow it out.
    burn outs, Suction Filter

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jschan45 View Post
    Converting R22 system to 410a, decide to flush the line-set. Just wondering, after flush with RX11, can i skip the Nitrogen purge instead using a Vacuum Pump to evacuate it?

What will happen after using RX11 without nitrogen purge?

Thanks.
    I would certainly think that a little bit of oil left in the lineset would be better for the system than a bunch of solvent/degreaser in there would be. Please don't shoot a bunch of cleaner into the system and then leave it. I'm thinking that wouldn't be good.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

13. Likes stumpdigger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    No biggie with POE and mineral oil in the same system. You guy a replacement R22 comp for an older system and Copeland will have put POE in it.

I sure wouldn't leave flush in a system. I wouldn't get flush in an evap.

Our AS tech rep, a very wise mentor, suggested to us to put AC renew in a system where we aren't changing the lines. We had some sticking TXVs, kinda like back in the rust inhibitor days.

15. Likes vin lashon, Mr Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I know people are saying don't block it unless there's a burnout. But it can't hurt
    we flush every time we convert to 410A
    But if you do use the R11 flush and you definitely want to use nitrogen with it. I will fire a bunch of flush into the line and then hit it with high pressure nitrogen.
    do that a few times until you stop getting oil coming out the other end. I usually hang a bucket at the other end so I can see what came out of the line. And to be honest I feel like the R11 helps break up and disperse the oil in the line. It's an extra 10 minutes. That's cheap insurance

Post Likes
    A month ago I ran into a system (trane) that the copper spun filter dryer came apart from the insides and filled the liquid line full of desiccant balls. Lots of the balls were even broke. I cut the condenser loose and the coil and using only nitrogen I couldn’t get it to all get out so I used the rx11 and had my help keep it from coming out of the lines and as quick as I could while the liquid flush was still in it blew the nitrogen behind it. I wish I woulda took pictures of the stuff that came out of those lines that for whatever reason I couldn’t get out with nitro only. The nastiness that came out literally stained the concrete. I hope I never run across one of those again. That’s the first time I ever used and flush of any kinda but In that situation it was like miracle in a can. Line set was in the slab and was no way to run a new one so I got lucky I was able to get er all cleaned up and workin like a brand new en.

Post Likes
    We flushed the line set at the local community college when I was teaching. The line sets were in a chase that sloped from 2’ below the lab room floor to 5’ below the concrete pad the ODUs sat on. Initially blew out about 4-6 ounces of oil. Cleaned the out with RX-11 and nitrogen. No issues with the newly installed equipment.

Post Likes
    RX-11 is very hard to get out without nitrogen pressure blowing it out
    Vacuum won’t vaporize it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    RX-11 is very hard to get out without nitrogen pressure blowing it out
    Vacuum won’t vaporize it
    What I ues must be different then because the stuff they call rx11 flush will evaporate before it makes it though the lineset if you don't restrict the output side. spill some and it's dry super quick ect.

Post Likes
    The rx11 has a funky smell. Once ya smell it you’ll member it

Post Likes
    Rx11 will remove oil stains from a driveway.

Heard it from a friend of friend

Post Likes
    If it doesn’t stay liquid all the way out and vaporized before coming out then the contamination stays in the line set ,
    Which questions if it works or RX11 is just making $$$&$
    The Real R11 would come out dirty liquid if contaminated lines