+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YAEP99XD9B50PA

Post Likes

YAEP99XD9B50PA

hi everyone!i do hope some of you guys can help me out pls.
    anybody knows what's causing damage on the display of york chiller?(model number-YAEP99XD9B50PA)upon switching on the power,relays are triggered powering contactor coils.but no any display on the panel.
    appreciate your help.

Post Likes
    Maybe the display has failed.

Post Likes
    hi.i tried replacing it.even the control modules and relay boards.it ends up replacing the keypad module and it works.but then later on it does damage again.i think something has causing it to be damage.

Post Likes
    Did you peel the thin film off the display before mounting it ? Did the new display work fine then fail again ? or are you getting unusual characters on the display, check the cables are the correct way around, they are not one way plugs, you can fit them upside down or on the wrong pins, if that is all ok then usually it is a drop in power on the motherboard due to a shorted or grounded sensor or transducer, causes power drop and the display takes the hit

5. Likes M A H liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have had on rare occasion York send me the incorrect LCD , very close , same pins but not exact. worth checking
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    hi!
    yeah i try did that before.i didnt suspected a grounded sensor also since i tried disconnecting sensors one by one and still i got no display readings on the panel display.however i solve the issue.surely this would help other technicians from this group if i will share my findings.
    we had the same capacity of units which was just standby.what i did was i tried swapping the boards one by one.relay board,mother board,power board.and there it is i find the issue.mother boards of york chillers comes up with a different revisions.from old unit to the latest.i unfortunately use different revision on the unit which was not the original one.when i fix the original parts,then the display came out.if you would ask me why it happens that i fix the wrong pcb board previously,its bec the unit was subjected as a scrapped unit.and technicians taken and save those parts that are still usable for future repairs.then all of a sudden, higher managements decided to bring it back to repair.which cause me a lot of troubles specially most of the parts were missing already.
    anyway thanks for the help.nice discussions.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in