+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AHU/RTU Combo

Post Likes
    Jack of all trades ah ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HCStymie View Post
    I'm not a professional, just a condo owner. But I would trust myself doing work more than almost all professionals in my area. It's because of "professionals" that I have learned so much about auto mechanics, HVAC, construction, home insulation, roofing, etc. Having to fix or redo what the professionals have done. I will do everything I can myself and only call in a professional for things like working with gas, etc. Even then I'll have to double check what they do and research it to be sure.
    I certainly understand not wanting to have places sell stuff to just anyone. And totally agree with that for all the DIY examples on this wall of shame forum and common sense. But also wish it was easier to get some stuff direct from the manufacturers or distributors. And acknowledge that all people responsible for those DIY horror stories on the wall of shame forum probably think the same thing I do LOL.
    Are you the guy that readjusts the airflow after the tech leaves because they “didn’t set it right”, then complains that they did a poor job setting up the system because it keeps tripping the high limit, so then adjusts the gas pressure to de-rate the equipment because they obviously oversized it?

I think we’ve heard about you!
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

3. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Are you the guy that readjusts the airflow after the tech leaves because they “didn’t set it right”, then complains that they did a poor job setting up the system because it keeps tripping the high limit, so then adjusts the gas pressure to de-rate the equipment because they obviously oversized it?

I think we’ve heard about you!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    This is what happens when you sell your equipment to anyone with an epa card......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sold dry, probably do not need an EPA card!
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I understand the DIY as I think I’m a auto mechanic too. A few years back I messed up on a disc brake install, which could have went very bad if I let it keep going. The dangers of HVAC DIY is more on the heating end I’d say. Improper flue venting could be the last hvac diy you ever do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in