+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What sealant for steam table?

Post Likes

What sealant for steam table?

I’m working on an old serving line at a public school. Had to remove all the pans to braze new copper fittings on. They are Wells bottom-mount pans. They weren’t too tough to remove but I’m not sure what was used to seal them to the table. Definitely silicone in the corners but the top edge had something different. It’s still pliable and sticky and doesn’t hold a definite shape like cured silicone. I’m sure I could just use silicone but the adhesion may make it impossible to remove them again without damage. My other thought is a gummy sealant I have for Hobart dishwashers. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Here’s what Wells uses.

https://www.partstown.com/wells/wel1p-33300

I prefer it over silicone but both work.

The Hobart product you are thinking of is pretty much the same stuff, albeit more expensive per ft. It’s p/n 00-545596

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Hmmmm... Would the stuff work for porcelain lav bowls in a granite counter? Or would it be a perma goo mess oozing out the edges?
    “A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Hmmmm... Would the stuff work for porcelain lav bowls in a granite counter? Or would it be a perma goo mess oozing out the edges?
    You know, it might. But I have zero experience with granite counters or porcelain lav bowls. Sounds like a very nice bathroom though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in