Thread: Goodman internal volume of condenser coil

Post Likes

Goodman internal volume of condenser coil

I am looking for the internal volume of a Goodman GSX140481KD condenser coil. Any idea where I can find this information?

Post Likes
    Volume as in How much refrigerant it holds? Unable to answer.

Post Likes
    What about measurements of the coil for an estimate? I guess I could go outside and measure . . .

At the outdoor unit you will see that it consists of multiple rows of copper tubing attached to aluminum fins. There will be multiple rows of the copper tube going forth and back. We need to know the total length of the tube on each “row”, including the copper u-connector on one end, and we need to know the number of rows. We also need to know the outside diameter of the copper tube.

Just looking for a more exact route.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drglanton View Post
    What about measurements of the coil for an estimate? I guess I could go outside and measure . . .

At the outdoor unit you will see that it consists of multiple rows of copper tubing attached to aluminum fins. There will be multiple rows of the copper tube going forth and back. We need to know the total length of the tube on each “row”, including the copper u-connector on one end, and we need to know the number of rows. We also need to know the outside diameter of the copper tube.

Just looking for a more exact route.
    That's what your going to have to do.

Why are you looking for the Volume?

Post Likes
    I am considering the installation of the HotSpot FPH pool heater to provide free pool heating by recycling the waste heat that your air conditioner throws away. I live in Georgia and run my system from April 1 until Mid September. I have a 12,000 gallon pool.

I need to see if a 1- liter or so receiver will be needed if the internal volume of my Goodman existing air-cooled coil is substantially larger or smaller than the internal volume of FPH water cooled condenser coil. So, I need the unit coil face data.

Post Likes
    It can be done but takes expensive materials, cupro-nickel Heat exchanger being the major expense. Add to that the average 3 ton A/C is at a minimum 5 X smaller then needed.

Post Likes
    best bet is to call the engineering dept.

Post Likes
    I wonder if they make a water cooled condenser that could take pool water and just use your pool as a cooling tower

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeitcold View Post
    I wonder if they make a water cooled condenser that could take pool water and just use your pool as a cooling tower
    Yes

I get Titanium heat exchangers for Eel and Lobster tanks.

A small pool requires 150 -200,000 BTU heaters

Post Likes
    Even decent sized heat pump pool heater takes days of constant runtime to heat a pool.

I saw this on ask this old house once.
    Horrible idea.

Post Likes
    My sister and BIL have a Rheem HP for their pool. Never have asked how well it does or does not work.

Post Likes
    I just like the idea of setting the head pressure and walking away and use the pool as a heat sink. Depending on where you live you could do that with a heatpump too. I've worked on Lobster tanks, never seen an eel tank, dont think I'd be comfortable with a big old eel eyeballing me

Post Likes
    Don't know why you would need a receiver.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Don't know why you would need a receiver.
    It’s for when the pool satisfies finally in November and the house hasn’t reached it walk in cooler temp of 37°.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in