Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 553

Thread: HVAC-TALK: Biggest Loser!!

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    I'm back on watching what I eat but I'm cheating. I'm ordering those calorie restricted meals for the week. 1200 Cal plan.
    Last time I did this I was drinking diet soda. Lost weight but craved more food. Water this time and I don't even eat all the food in the 1200 cal/day meals.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,056
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I'm back on watching what I eat but I'm cheating. I'm ordering those calorie restricted meals for the week. 1200 Cal plan.
    Last time I did this I was drinking diet soda. Lost weight but craved more food. Water this time and I don't even eat all the food in the 1200 cal/day meals.
    It's amazing how the summer time makes you so damn hungry too. You bust your butt out in the sun for a few hours and you become a ravaged animal.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    It's amazing how the summer time makes you so damn hungry too. You bust your butt out in the sun for a few hours and you become a ravaged animal.
    Opposite for me. Big meals when it's cold. When it gets hot I just want water and not much food unless someone orders a pizza. Leftover pizza would be unusual lol

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    I'm like motor oil
    Got a summer weight and a winter weight

  5. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
  6. #45
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    28,126
    Post Likes
    You can lose weight by just eating less calories. Or . . .

    You can eat all you want, and have a full tummy, by only eating certain classes of food.


    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I think it has more to do with total calories when it come to weight loss for a overweight person.

    Now what you eat probably has a big affect on if you are successful at reaching your goal and maintaining a healthy weight.

    You'll be miserable and hungry all the time eating just carbs and diet soda but if you only eat less than you need you are gonna loose weight.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  7. Likes 2sac, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  8. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    I don't think I could fill up on bacon before it was an issue. Maybe I could IDK

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,056
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You can lose weight by just eating less calories. Or . . .

    You can eat all you want, and have a full tummy, by only eating certain classes of food.
    Yep, all about how different foods metabolize. I made a smoothie this morning and I think it is metabolizing as we speak. Be right back!!

  10. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
  11. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Lunch
    Had a piece of fruit in there but was filled up.
    Piece of bread and lotsa pasta in the soup. Tasty and satisfying. I tried the PHM shake and couldn't keep up with it. Same boring meal replacement was not satisfying hunger even though stomach was full.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  12. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_20200421_114219.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  1.12 MB
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  13. #50
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    28,126
    Post Likes
    Not sure how you could eat that, feel full, and lose weight.

    Drop the sugars, increase the proteins, and a point will come where you can eat more, not be hungry, and still be losing weight.

    If you want an idea to feel full, and be eating healthy, try eating nuts. Little if any carbs, plus all of the other nutrients. A variety of nuts is better than eating just one nut. And yes, some nuts are better than others.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  14. #51
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    28,126
    Post Likes
    Here's another little factoid:

    When you eat crap, you will always be feeling hungry. Because your body is looking for the nutrients that it needs to survive.

    You eat healthy stuff, and your body is happy. Not wanting you to eat every freakin' thing that you see.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  15. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Not sure how you could eat that, feel full, and lose weight.

    Drop the sugars, increase the proteins, and a point will come where you can eat more, not be hungry, and still be losing weight.

    If you want an idea to feel full, and be eating healthy, try eating nuts. Little if any carbs, plus all of the other nutrients. A variety of nuts is better than eating just one nut. And yes, some nuts are better than others.
    If you can't loose weight on 1200 calories per day you're either cheating or in a coma says the nice old lady. She is right. Last time I lost a little weight I remember sinking to the bottom of the pool lol.

    Went through a box of Sam's Club snack size nut bags just before this. Got two left. I think they were 200 cal. A few weeks ago I was the heaviest I've ever been.
    For some reason I was getting fed just about every where I worked. The one bakery went over the top two days straight crept up to 250. Think I'm under 240 now. I think it's kinda silly weighing every day expecially to the tenth of a pound. Check once or twice a week.

    Tried all fat and protein before too. Worked great but wasn't convenient or practical.

  16. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Happened again.
    Manager signs my bill say you want something to drink? Sure, anything without caffeine? Lemonade. Sure. Hey you want a hot dog? Sure. Everything on it? Sure.
    So he brings it in back for me. The lemonade is in one of those bucket cups 32 oz maybe. I get back to the truck and look in the bag and there's also a thick chocolate chip cookie with giant chocolate chunks!

  17. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_20200421_154131.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  1.13 MB
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  18. #55
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    28,126
    Post Likes
    The bigger point here is to stay full.

    Not be hungry.

    Ironically, calories play less of a roll than you might imagine. I've been through it. And maintained a lower weight for a couple of decades.

    Not rocket science.


    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If you can't loose weight on 1200 calories per day you're either cheating or in a coma says the nice old lady. She is right. Last time I lost a little weight I remember sinking to the bottom of the pool lol.

    Went through a box of Sam's Club snack size nut bags just before this. Got two left. I think they were 200 cal. A few weeks ago I was the heaviest I've ever been.
    For some reason I was getting fed just about every where I worked. The one bakery went over the top two days straight crept up to 250. Think I'm under 240 now. I think it's kinda silly weighing every day expecially to the tenth of a pound. Check once or twice a week.

    Tried all fat and protein before too. Worked great but wasn't convenient or practical.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  19. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Since I'm not hungry I'm not eating the hot dog.
    That and I don't like everything on my hot dog lol

  20. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Pizza tonight. Gave the salad to my daughter. Boys split the dog and cookie
    Name:  IMG_20200421_173005.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  1.17 MB
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  21. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_20200422_055835.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  838.7 KBName:  00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200422061051878_COVER.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  912.7 KB

    Down 14 lbs
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  22. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,056
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Good morning gents. 202.2 just now, haven't had anything to eat yet though today, just coffee.

  23. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,763
    Post Likes
    Not skipping meals here. Had cheesey potato skins with sour cream, chocolate chip cookie and looked like half a honey crisp apple for lunch. That chocolate pancake breakfast was crazy good too.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •