Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    214.0 flickering to 213.8, 25.6 BF For a nice scale it seems funny it doesn't read in odd 1/10ths.
    Curious about something...

As I understand it... I read that body-fat thing is based on a calculation between weight and hydration...
    Us older folks have issues with circulation... so our feet get dry sometimes...
    Does this mess with the accuracy of the BF reading???

THX

BTW: over the weekend... did yardwork Saturday and played lumberjack (had a couple of trees to cut up Sunday)...
    Down about 1.5#...

Trying a new diet:
    Breakfast: large glass 25% fruit juice and 75% water, with a handful of nuts or a granola based energy bar...
    Lunch: Normal, small portions...
    Dinner: Protein (fish, chicken, beef), with a salad... again small portions...
    Seems to be working... off 5+ so far!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Curious about something...

As I understand it... I read that body-fat thing is based on a calculation between weight and hydration...
    Us older folks have issues with circulation... so our feet get dry sometimes...
    Does this mess with the accuracy of the BF reading???

THX

BTW: over the weekend... did yardwork Saturday and played lumberjack (had a couple of trees to cut up Sunday)...
    Down about 1.5#...

Trying a new diet:
    Breakfast: large glass 25% fruit juice and 75% water, with a handful of nuts or a granola based energy bar...
    Lunch: Normal, small portions...
    Dinner: Protein (fish, chicken, beef), with a salad... again small portions...
    Seems to be working... off 5+ so far!
    Yeah GA, I think it does. If I weigh right out of bed I have a higher BF reading. If I get up and do my 2 mile walk hamster wheel or street it is lower, if I weigh before I eat supper after I have been working and hydrating all day it is the lowest. I have never checked it all in one day but in general first thing is upper 26 to lower 27. After work out 24-25, after work 23-24. Years ago I had a membership to a health club and the wife and I would go work out before supper. Part of it was some time with a instructor. He would weigh and use a BF device on us. At that time I would be at 22 after the AM workout and be in the 18s before the evening workout at the club. So according to that as near as I can figure is my scale is about 2 points higher than what the health club device was which is probably more accurate at it placed electrodes on the ankle, side and arm if I remember right.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Yeah GA, I think it does. If I weigh right out of bed I have a higher BF reading. If I get up and do my 2 mile walk hamster wheel or street it is lower, if I weigh before I eat supper after I have been working and hydrating all day it is the lowest. I have never checked it all in one day but in general first thing is upper 26 to lower 27. After work out 24-25, after work 23-24. Years ago I had a membership to a health club and the wife and I would go work out before supper. Part of it was some time with a instructor. He would weigh and use a BF device on us. At that time I would be at 22 after the AM workout and be in the 18s before the evening workout at the club. So according to that as near as I can figure is my scale is about 2 points higher than what the health club device was which is probably more accurate at it placed electrodes on the ankle, side and arm if I remember right.
    THX... as we know... older means letting your hydration go down a little before bedtime... or getting up and interrupting your sleep...

Reason I ask... I have one of those scales... do not pay attention to the BF thing (have the feature turned off).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up 1½ to 228
    Us Navy method calculated body fat down 2%
    BMI body fat method up .3%

My pants are falling off.

Guess I'm pointing out weight isn't the only factor if you are stuck or going up.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did really good for breakfast and lunch, but was so hungry come dinner time I ate my share plus another and then the kids leftovers......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up to 198.2 this morning but I am firming up, more muscle. I also picked up some multi-vitamins the other day and am supplementing L-arginine into my diet. Blood flow, vascular health, etc...have heard good things.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    209.2 this morning. On the run all day yesterday had a protein bar for lunch, 2 salmon filet and green veggies for dinner. was dying fo a night snack, so I just went to bed instead.

Cant recall the last time i was under 210, maybe collge some 13+ years ago?

9. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    209.2 this morning. On the run all day yesterday had a protein bar for lunch, 2 salmon filet and green veggies for dinner. was dying fo a night snack, so I just went to bed instead.

Cant recall the last time i was under 210, maybe collge some 13+ years ago?
    THIS ^^^^^

Is what works for me...

However it is harder for old guys to do it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    214.2, 25.4 BF today.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    198.6 this morning. Been a pig the last 2 nights. Drinking beer and eating dinner late. Hope to get back on track today.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    214.0, 25.3 BF

Good news, both are trending down. Often I see one go down but the other up which I take to mean no progress.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast