Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 552

Thread: HVAC-TALK: Biggest Loser!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,093
    Post Likes

    HVAC-TALK: Biggest Loser!!

    No, not what you think .

    So, I haven't been comfortable taking my shirt off in public for at least 5 years now and I want that to stop. Right now, lol!!

    I am happy to say that I am on day 54 of no alcohol.....I know, I know, it's boring and I'm a square.

    That being said, I have been trying to use it as a springboard to get in shape and lose some weight. I started out at 216.6, 54 days ago. I weighed myself this morning and I am now down to 204.8.

    Thought maybe we could have a thread where we can chime in, or try to chime in every morning, with updates on progress. Post your weight every morning when you get up...if you have a scale.

    I will post mine every morning as a barometer and a means to help motivate..cheers!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    10,658
    Post Likes
    Congrats. I lost 50lbs last year just cutting out carbs. My goal was 75, but I plateaued. I could probably lose the rest were I to give up other sugars I ingest including alcohol.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

  3. Likes lkapigian, V7 Software liked this post.
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    720
    Post Likes
    Good on ya mate. I would love to join in and need to. I have put on gallons of weight since my back really messed up. My problem is I cant move around as easily.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,093
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    I find myself shaking my head when my wife is grabbing ice cream out of the fridge, or a cookie or two.

    Amazing how quickly that crap adds up.

  6. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,736
    Post Likes
    Yeah the current situation isn't moving my scale needle in the right direction.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,979
    Post Likes
    Well done. I have cut down on the alcohol by 90% and cut out most fat and sugar. These stressful times are not helping. Salads for lunch are fine until I smell all the restaurants around while working on a roof all morning. I won’t miss the alcohol until next football season if it starts, go Chiefs!

  9. Likes Scoobie liked this post.
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    30,187
    Post Likes
    *
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    No, not what you think .

    So, I haven't been comfortable taking my shirt off in public for at least 5 years now and I want that to stop. Right now, lol!!

    I am happy to say that I am on day 54 of no alcohol.....I know, I know, it's boring and I'm a square.

    That being said, I have been trying to use it as a springboard to get in shape and lose some weight. I started out at 216.6, 54 days ago. I weighed myself this morning and I am now down to 204.8.

    Thought maybe we could have a thread where we can chime in, or try to chime in every morning, with updates on progress. Post your weight every morning when you get up...if you have a scale.

    I will post mine every morning as a barometer and a means to help motivate..cheers!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. Likes ksefan, V7 Software liked this post.
  12. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    28,195
    Post Likes
    I modified my diet starting back in 2001. Lost something like 30-35 pounds, can't even remember anymore. Posted it a few times on here. Yes, all you have to do to lose weight is stop eating carbs. Pretty good idea, health wise, would be to stop eating processed foods as well.

    This really is simple sh!t.

    Problem is, few understand the risk reward equation.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  13. Likes ga-hvac-tech, V7 Software liked this post.
  14. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    11,972
    Post Likes
    I step on the scale every morning, here are the numbers to the best of my recollection since Monday:

    215
    214
    215
    213
    212

    5 days it so short to see the pattern but it mainly drops for several days then goes up and stats to drop again. Kinda like the stock market in a stable period, a lot of ups and downs but really doesn't go anywhere.

    I have wanted to get down to 205 and usually get close over summer but it seems that as I get close I lose focus and lose diligence.

    Good luck A-P.

  15. Likes ksefan liked this post.
  16. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    10,658
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I step on the scale every morning, here are the numbers to the best of my recollection since Monday:

    215
    214
    215
    213
    212

    5 days it so short to see the pattern but it mainly drops for several days then goes up and stats to drop again. Kinda like the stock market in a stable period, a lot of ups and downs but really doesn't go anywhere.

    I have wanted to get down to 205 and usually get close over summer but it seems that as I get close I lose focus and lose diligence.

    Good luck A-P.
    At that rate you'll disappear in about 7 months
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,093
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    205.2 this morning. I had an office day yesterday and I had a pretty rich dinner. One day at a time. I should preface this that I am 5'9". I should be around 185.

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    11,972
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    At that rate you'll disappear in about 7 months
    Only if I get about 5 million in stimulus money, then you damn right I will disappear.

    Otherwise 7 months from now I will be somewhere between 210 and 215. Consistency is what is important, right.

  19. Likes V7 Software liked this post.
  20. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    11,972
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    205.2 this morning. I had an office day yesterday and I had a pretty rich dinner. One day at a time. I should preface this that I am 5'9". I should be around 185.
    I'm about 6', maybe 6'1" on a good day. Maybe it depends on how many times I raised into a low hanging beam.

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    South West Alabama
    Posts
    53
    Post Likes
    Good luck A.P. My weight lose regiment is called summer. By the time summer is over I will have lost 20 to 30 lbs. I am 5'10" and 150 lbs. In my case I play hell taking in enough calories to maintain my weight. The upside is that I can and do eat anything I want and not gain weight.

  22. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    46,729
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedanap View Post
    Good luck A.P. My weight lose regiment is called summer. By the time summer is over I will have lost 20 to 30 lbs. I am 5'10" and 150 lbs. In my case I play hell taking in enough calories to maintain my weight. The upside is that I can and do eat anything I want and not gain weight.
    I was like that... skinny as a rail, ate line a horse, and never gained weight...
    Then age started creeping in...

    I need to loose a bunch also...
    This thread is a good idea!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  23. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    South West Alabama
    Posts
    53
    Post Likes
    A.P I have one question for you. Why do you care what others think. Piss on them if they don't like it. That is their problem not yours. Me personally wont go to town without a shirt, just think its wrong. Kind of like wearing pjs to the store. Now shirtless at the beach or along that line go for it and to hell with what others think. They don't like then they shouldn't look. Lose weight because it is what you want to do for your health, not because others have an issue.

  24. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    574
    Post Likes
    Congrats on the success so far and keep on going until you hit the goal!

    I dropped about 25-30 lbs last year mostly by skipping dinners. They call it intermittent fasting.

    I've been holding steady now at about 205 lbs for months and cannot seem to drop below that for nothing.

    The RA keeps me from doing too much exercise so I'm just trying to eat smarter these days.

    If a slug (desk jockey) like me can do it then you can, too!

    Good luck!

  25. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,093
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedanap View Post
    A.P I have one question for you. Why do you care what others think. Piss on them if they don't like it. That is their problem not yours. Me personally wont go to town without a shirt, just think its wrong. Kind of like wearing pjs to the store. Now shirtless at the beach or along that line go for it and to hell with what others think. They don't like then they shouldn't look. Lose weight because it is what you want to do for your health, not because others have an issue.
    It was an old man joke. I dont think you have much of a sense of humor.

  26. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    3,093
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    204.4 this morning

  27. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    South West Alabama
    Posts
    53
    Post Likes
    A.P I do have a good sense of humor, I will apologize as I didn't realize you were joking. Keep up the good work my friend.

Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •