+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thermal tools SEEK/Fluke

Post Likes

Talking Thermal tools SEEK/Fluke

Good Friday morning, I'm looking for a thermal imaging camera for hot spots, shorts and wet roofs moisture and maybe for locating downed game ,ie. deer at night etc.? Seek has one with iphones but i haven't seen reviews. Anyone familiar with these or others, fluke ??? Stay well, thx

Post Likes
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Seek makes great stuff. Easily comparable or better than Flir.

The Seek ShotPro has SeekFusion which is a really cool feature. It's a better imager than the Flir C3. These are handheld style.

If you want the ones that go on the bottom of a cell phone here is a good vid comparing them. These are the two high end models from Seek and Flir and about $400. They make cheaper ones at about $250. Weird thing is, the Seek runs off the cell phone battery and the Flir runs off a rechargeable internal, I think. I remember reading the Flir doesn't have good run time and it's a pain in the ass to have to charge a dead tool siting in your truck when you need it now. If your cell phone has a charge though, the Seek is ready to roll.

Good video comparing the cell phone style imagers.

[B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    i have the 1st gen seek that plugs into my iphone, its good but sucks the life out of my battery..
    i use my Flir TG 165 the most...

Post Likes
    I haven't had any experience with Seek, I have a Fluke TIS10 and a Flir E5-XT, both are super high quality, to me, the FLIR is a bit touchy and takes a bit of fiddling and adjusting to get the image to show you what you are wanting to see, like viewing a breaker panel for circuits that may be overloaded where my TIS10 typically shows me what I need to see just on first power up and auto detection.

Post Likes
    I'm gonna try the Seek Shotpro.

Post Likes
    You mentioned quite a few different applications. Temperature variations may be easier to detect with downed game, but slightly more challenging in the case of wet roofs and shorts. You might need a versatile thermal imager that can function well in various scenarios.
    It’s probably best to get something that is built rugged and not dependent on your cell phone power or a tiny inbuilt battery. The SEEK thermal imager uses the inbuilt battery of the iPhone and may not be ideal for the outdoors - you don’t want your cell phone battery to be sucked off its power. Flir uses an inbuilt battery and that’s great, but I believe its power backup is comparatively low .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in