Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 28
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,856
    Post Likes
    I dont remember the "exact" numbers ... but i carry a few around 88-125 and 180-225 and 250- 280 and 250-325 and 330-400

    Plus you can add a couple together if needed

  2. Likes ezrizer liked this post.
  3. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,856
    Post Likes
    and ... you can always go up a little with "start caps"

    If theres a 250-280 on the unit and you only have a 280-325 , throw that bad boy on there for now

  4. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas Flatlands
    Posts
    438
    Post Likes
    KS-1 or TO5

  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Vero Beach, Florida
    Posts
    649
    Post Likes
    I carry the ks1 and TO5

  6. #18
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    301
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch0311 View Post
    I carry the ks1 and TO5
    These are the best.
    old compressors absorb too many amps when they start
    tripping the breaker
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hibbing, MN
    Posts
    821
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    I have around 20 diff Copeland start caps on-board as I do AC&R, and I like OEM exact parts.
    I’m with you. We do mostly refrigeration and I’ve probably got 40+ start capacitors on board. 125v, 220v, 330v, 440v in multiple Mfd’s.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    49
    Post Likes
    I stock 5, 7.5 and 10mf caps for condenser fan motors- I stock 1 3mf for rheem and ruud, and I stock a few 35/5, 40/5, 55/5. I also stock 1 12mf for GE motor caps on blower. I have found with these few sizes I can handle 80% of my calls and if not- I can combine a few with jumper wires for an hour or 2 while I go get it. In phoenix arizona I can't leave them with no air for an hour or 2- so if its hot I do that and go get the cap. If I need something like an 80/10 I can combine 2 40/5's until I get the cap for example. Now that those caps that have multiple sizes on them- I might stock a few of them for temp use.

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    17
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Thanks for the input. I decided to stock the (3) 5-2-1's.

  10. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas Flatlands
    Posts
    438
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsaz100 View Post
    I stock 5, 7.5 and 10mf caps for condenser fan motors- I stock 1 3mf for rheem and ruud, and I stock a few 35/5, 40/5, 55/5. I also stock 1 12mf for GE motor caps on blower. I have found with these few sizes I can handle 80% of my calls and if not- I can combine a few with jumper wires for an hour or 2 while I go get it. In phoenix arizona I can't leave them with no air for an hour or 2- so if its hot I do that and go get the cap. If I need something like an 80/10 I can combine 2 40/5's until I get the cap for example. Now that those caps that have multiple sizes on them- I might stock a few of them for temp use.
    That's why the turbo caps are on the trucks, for temporary use

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,731
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    So you don't like that How about this
    2.5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 & 100

    All 440 volt
    Now there are several micro caps but well save those for a later date.
    You forgot 3 & 4 mfd.

  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hibbing, MN
    Posts
    821
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    That's why the turbo caps are on the trucks, for temporary use
    I use Turbos as permanent replacements. Way better quality than most caps you can buy, and the have a 5 year warranty.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

  13. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,731
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    I use Turbos as permanent replacements. Way better quality than most caps you can buy, and the have a 5 year warranty.
    ^^^^^this

  14. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Kansas Flatlands
    Posts
    438
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    I use Turbos as permanent replacements. Way better quality than most caps you can buy, and the have a 5 year warranty.
    They're costly, besides I don't really like a 5 yr warranty. I like makin $$$ when changing a part. I know a company in Texas they only carry turbo caps to keep truck stock down. Great Idea to solve that issue but I have not bought in yet.

    Every dog has their fireplug.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR