Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am surprised at you Space...
    Most of the time you post like a conservative...

However, like a liberal; when backed in a corner, you will divert to attacking the opposition, rather than consider their points...
    Really now guy...

MeThinks it is time to lighten up...
    As what I suspected... has been proven to be true (the part about conservative vs liberal)...
    I have not attacked you at all. I have simply pointed out the error of your thinking. That's what happens when intelligent people discuss things.

I did not call you a liberal or a democrat; I merely pointed out how you tend to respond to things when other people use similar methods. This was an attempt to illustrate how you resort to deflection when head-on logic fails you. I guess it didn't work.

Shall we drop it?
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    I have not attacked you at all. I have simply pointed out the error of your thinking. That's what happens when intelligent people discuss things.

I did not call you a liberal or a democrat; I merely pointed out how you tend to respond to things when other people use similar methods. This was an attempt to illustrate how you resort to deflection when head-on logic fails you. I guess it didn't work.
    Now you are back-pedaling...
    Note all the references to 'you'...

IMO the better thing to do is let this go...
    The point I wanted to make, was made...

GA out...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Now you are back-pedaling...
    Speaking of back-pedaling, here's some really good, front-pedaling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQdH7HWm7Ik
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

5. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    To the best of my memory, which is questionable at best, it was 55*F. Really didn't vary much between seasons.

Keep in mind, if it was raining, we rode our bicycles to the beach. Which means drying off was done while huddling under some sort of minimal shelter.

After the third year, we were getting older, and again to the best of my memory, no mention was made of doing it for a fourth year. In fact, that may have been about the time we started smoking pot. Ain't no fool gonna be jumping into ice cold water. LOL

Just curious BB... do you remember the coldest water temperature???

Reason I ask...
    I used to swim in the Chattahoochee river in my area... we call it the Hooch...
    Water temp is rarely as high as the upper 60's...
    Why??? The water comes from the bottom of Lake Lanier...
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    To the best of my memory, which is questionable at best, it was 55*F. Really didn't vary much between seasons.

Keep in mind, if it was raining, we rode our bicycles to the beach. Which means drying off was done while huddling under some sort of minimal shelter.

After the third year, we were getting older, and again to the best of my memory, no mention was made of doing it for a fourth year. In fact, that may have been about the time we started smoking pot. Ain't no fool gonna be jumping into ice cold water. LOL
    You have my respect sir...

Swimming in 55*F water... is colder than I would do...

We used to go to the health club back when... sit in the hot tub until we were tomato red... then jump into the sweedish dip (which was 35*F)... someone had a heart attack and they closed the dip (rolling eyes)...

You guys were adventurous... grin!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Whoops... here we go with those pesky facts again:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-neighborhood/
    GA-HVAC-Tech

9. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Whoops... here we go with those pesky facts again:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-neighborhood/
    Aw! man, please don't post this stuff, I was just beginning to enjoy my anxiety and antidepressant meds.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

11. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We’re Following A One-Size-Fits-All Coronavirus Strategy Right Into A Great Depression
    While this shutdown has already done enormous damage, it is the uncertainty about when and how it will reopen that could prove far more destructive in the long run.
    April 1, 2020
    Our leadership class responded to the outbreak of the coronavirus by shutting down the economy on a nationwide scale. While this will mitigate the loss of life the virus might otherwise have caused, it’s clear we’re also confronting a challenge no medical innovation can cure. We face an unprecedented situation — not a global pandemic, we’ve seen those before, but a modern capitalist economy that turned itself off for potentially more than 60 days, on purpose.

Uncertainty crushes hope. So the question on the minds of our leaders should be: how do we give citizens more confidence that we can, and will, turn the economy back on?

Read the rest:
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/01...at-depression/
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Analyst Discovers a Major Flaw in IHME Model Used by White House; Actual Numbers Are a Fraction of Expected
    April 2, 2020
    Sean Davis, co-founder of The Federalist, took a serious look at the IHME (Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation) Coronavirus model and called it “garbage.” Davis makes his case through a series of tweets (below).

Davis found that the actual numbers of hospitalizations on April 1 were a fraction of the numbers projected by the IHME model. The problem with the model, he discovered, is that it uses New York and New Jersey data and applies it to the rest of the states.

The actual numbers range from a low of 9% in Tennessee of the projection to a high of 50% in Virginia. Here are some examples:

The model projected that over 121,000 people would be hospitalized in the country yesterday. The actual number was 31,142. (25.7%)

Texas: Projection – 1,716; Actual – 196 (11.4%)

Georgia: Projection – 2,777; Actual – 952 (34.3%)

Virginia: Projection – 607; Actual – 305 (50%)

Tennessee: Projection – 2,214; Actual number – 200 (9%)

New York: Projection – 50,962; Actual number – 18,368 (36%)

Davis writes that if we’re going to shut down the entire nation’s economy to “flatten the curve” based on the projections of a single model, it shouldn’t be too much to ask that the model approximate reality when it comes to hospitalizations.

Read the rest:
    https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...use-heres-why/
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

14. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Peak Buffoonery: Paddleboarder in Ocean Off Malibu Is Arrested for Not Socially Distancing
    A couple of weeks ago, thousands of people swarmed the Southern California beaches to get some fresh air and get their minds off the coronavirus for awhile.

In response to some people not socially distancing, the Commissars of California closed the beaches.

Since then, miles of police tape have been deployed to cut off parking lots, bike paths, hiking trails, and mountain-bike trails to prevent people from going to these places and getting a little exercise for fear they may get too close to each other.

Drones are being sent up to spy on scofflaws.

There's no surfing allowed. Surfing. A sport that requires social distancing is outlawed. Thousands of kids in Southern California who are required to get physical activity to get their virtual school PE credits are not allowed to surf.

And don't even think about standing on the other side of a tennis court and hitting balls.

Forget swimming, the pools are closed.

Which brings us to a paddleboarder in the Malibu area of LA County. To be clear, he was in the ocean off the coast of Malibu, minding his own business and paddleboarding by himself.

Well, he was alone until the cops and lifeguards came. They corralled the paddleboarder with the use of two lifeguard boats.

[If you can't see the pictures, right click and select "View Image."]

KTLA reports that the paddleboarder was accused of ignoring the call of lifeguards to get out of the ocean because he wasn't staying socially distanced in the age of the CORONAVIRUS!

Socially distanced like this, apparently. In the middle of a cop sandwich. He'll take his with extra mustard and some handcuffs.

KTLA reports the arrested paddleboarder was booked and then released and ordered to appear in court:
    Officials did not release any identifying information on the man. He could face a $1,000 fine, up to six months in jail, or both.

So far, the state order has not been widely enforced by police agencies, but this isn't the first time this week a Southern California man has faced consequences for being in the ocean.

According to the Los Angeles Times, a surfer in Manhattan Beach was fined $1,000 last weekend after similarly ignoring repeated orders to exit the ocean.

See the links and the pics:
    https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/peak-b...ly-distancing/
    I expect they recently cleared the beaches as a hangout center...he has to emerge back on the beach..he left the beach on his board..while I agree what he was doing was harmless..his first clue to not do it.. signs ...barriers.. empty beaches and no one else in the water..he decided to be a rebel and lost the game.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Analyst Discovers a Major Flaw in IHME Model Used by White House; Actual Numbers Are a Fraction of Expected
    April 2, 2020
    Sean Davis, co-founder of The Federalist, took a serious look at the IHME (Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation) Coronavirus model and called it “garbage.” Davis makes his case through a series of tweets (below).

Davis found that the actual numbers of hospitalizations on April 1 were a fraction of the numbers projected by the IHME model. The problem with the model, he discovered, is that it uses New York and New Jersey data and applies it to the rest of the states.

The actual numbers range from a low of 9% in Tennessee of the projection to a high of 50% in Virginia. Here are some examples:

The model projected that over 121,000 people would be hospitalized in the country yesterday. The actual number was 31,142. (25.7%)

Texas: Projection – 1,716; Actual – 196 (11.4%)

Georgia: Projection – 2,777; Actual – 952 (34.3%)

Virginia: Projection – 607; Actual – 305 (50%)

Tennessee: Projection – 2,214; Actual number – 200 (9%)

New York: Projection – 50,962; Actual number – 18,368 (36%)

Davis writes that if we’re going to shut down the entire nation’s economy to “flatten the curve” based on the projections of a single model, it shouldn’t be too much to ask that the model approximate reality when it comes to hospitalizations.

Read the rest:
    https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...use-heres-why/
    Good thing they were wrong as we are already hurting for supplies...vents and beds..tent hospitals in parks and using ships for hospitals already.
    Perhaps slowing the spread is working..sadly not fast enough in many locations.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thousands of healthcare staffers out of work due to government coronavirus mandates
    April 01, 2020
    The economic fallout of government mandates meant to deal with the coronavirus pandemic is causing hospitals across the country to cut hours and furlough workers.

In Cincinnati, Ohio, a March 17 order from the Ohio Department of Health halted all nonessential surgeries in order to preserve personal protective equipment in hospitals. The financial ramifications were severe, and it's estimated that the surgery cancellations cost area hospitals $1.2 billion per month, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

That disruption has forced hospitals to cut back on hours and consider furloughs for hundreds of hospital workers. A spokeswoman for Mercy Health said that 700 employees will go on furlough that will last 30 to 90 days.

States across the country have issued similar orders and proclamations in accordance with guidance from the U.S. surgeon general requesting that hospitals limit elective surgeries amid coronavirus fears.

The sudden decrease in revenue as a result of the coronavirus measures has caused Boston Medical Center to furlough 700 employees, as well.

“We have reassigned a number of staff members and made the difficult decision to furlough approximately 10 percent of our health system workforce,” Boston Medical Center President Kate Walsh told the Boston Globe. “Although furloughed employees will cease to work temporarily, they will remain in active status with the expectation of returning.”

The same situation is unfolding in Kentucky where one of the largest healthcare providers in the state is laying off hundreds of employees due to the sudden reduction in income associated with the coronavirus.

“It’s very unfortunate, it’s just another economic fallout as a result of this pandemic,” Harlan County Judge-Executive Dan Mosley told the Lexington Herald-Leader in response to news that Appalachian Regional Healthcare, the largest healthcare provider in eastern Kentucky, is furloughing 500 workers. “This pandemic is having an impact on every industry, including the healthcare industry.”

Read the rest:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...virus-mandates

Shutdowns forcing hospitals to cut staff during Wuhan panic
    This makes perfect government sense: The shutdowns that our governments have imposed on people and businesses nationwide due to the Wuhan panic has forced hospitals to cut staff and shorten hours.

The article describes the growing collapse of medical services caused by the state-imposed lockdowns in Ohio, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Connecticut, South Carolina, Tennessee, New Jersey, Oregon, Virginia, and Arizona. That’s only ten states, but it is very likely the remaining states are experiencing the same problems, as described in the article:

The Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is furloughing 400 across its health system as a result of surgeries being delayed, which has caused patient volumes to plummet, resulting in millions of dollars of lost revenue, according to the Hartford Courant.

The number of elective cases at Prisma Health in South Carolina has fallen by over 75% in two weeks. CEO Mark O’Halla issued a letter to employees informing them of furloughs, adding that they will be able to file for unemployment and apply for open positions at the hospital.

Two-hundred healthcare workers in Tennessee are being furloughed as a result of “dramatically reduced” hospital visits, which means a loss of revenue, according to the Tennessean.

We need to bankrupt ourselves in order to save us! Thank you government and centralized rule!

See the comments:
    https://behindtheblack.com/behind-th...g-wuhan-panic/
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast