Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    My point was missed a little.

How much damage and potential loss of life is being created to mitigate the potential towards a smaller population??

Let's say we do nothing and 5 million people die. Are we better off once they die and we move on with our lives?

Or do we do what we keep doing and say, a million die, but 30 million are left in shambles, tired, broke and defeated?

2. Likes davidadavis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Come on GA. The answer is so simple, can't believe you keep dancing around it. In fact, I have already answered the question.

We tolerate a certain number of suicides. Death by auto accidents. Deaths from the flu. Look at those numbers. Numbers which barely make the news.

That's where the answer to the question is. Those numbers that we tolerate have already been established.
    I agree your answer is a valid one, but just curious if you would put the “tolerable” closer to flu deaths or auto accidents? There is a huge difference. Or maybe, what is the % increase in “tolerable” deaths you would allow? After all, we do things to minimize deaths in each of those categories... at least that’s what cops tell you when they pull you over for speeding, that they are “helping you be safe.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Again implying I don’t have common sense... but “you don’t have a problem with anyone” lol
    Hmmm...

GA asked a question:
    Geez guy... are you really that up-tight???
    (end)

If the answer is true... then GA offered something that works for GA...
    If the answer is not true... then there is not really anything to discuss... other than a simple answer that someone is not 'that uptight'...

Not sure how anything was implied there...
    Just a simple question...
    Nothing meant by it...

Geez... seems we have been here before???
    Imaginary implications???

Hmmm...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes

CV - If you were president.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post

How much damage and potential loss of life is being created to mitigate the potential towards a smaller population??

Let's say we do nothing and 5 million people die. Are we better off once they die and we move on with our lives?

Or do we do what we keep doing and say, a million die, but 30 million are left in shambles, tired, broke and defeated?
    That’s also a valid concern. I keep telling my wife that quarantines cause a certain amount of suffering and death themselves. But it doesn’t change the fact that there is a point where a quarantine would be justified. For sure a quarantine would be worth its price if the alternative was 90% death rate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm...

GA asked a question:
    Geez guy... are you really that up-tight???
    (end)

If the answer is true... then GA offered something that works for GA...
    If the answer is not true... then there is not really anything to discuss... other than a simple answer that someone is not 'that uptight'...

Not sure how anything was implied there...
    Just a simple question...
    Nothing meant by it...

Geez... seems we have been here before???
    Imaginary implications???

Hmmm...
    Why in the world would I answer any of your questions when you never answer any???

Post Likes
    Just take the average of the top five. If that is too much, take the average of the top ten.

Easy peasy to answer your question. We already accept more deaths than most can possibly imagine.

I agree your answer is a valid one, but just curious if you would put the “tolerable” closer to flu deaths or auto accidents? There is a huge difference. Or maybe, what is the % increase in “tolerable” deaths you would allow? After all, we do things to minimize deaths in each of those categories... at least that’s what cops tell you when they pull you over for speeding, that they are “helping you be safe.”
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

8. Likes davidadavis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post

I wonder...

Who takes responsibility for the folks whose lives are RUINED... in the name of govt imposed 'safety'...

Add to this the obvious partisan and agendas behind the so called govt safety...

And we have a real problem!!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Just take the average of the top five. If that is too much, take the average of the top ten.

Easy peasy to answer your question. We already accept more deaths than most can possibly imagine.
    I generally agree. Not to sound “ageist,” but the fact that it primarily affects the elderly is also a consideration.

Post Likes
    Name:  Bills 2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  97.4 KB
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

12. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Why in the world would I answer any of your questions when you never answer any???
    That my friend... is your choice...
    As it is my choice whether I answer any specific question from you.

(However I am not sure what difference what anyone else does, should have any bearing on what an individual does???)

Last time I checked... it was called:

FREEDOM!

I do not know about you... however I kinda like that idea... I am free to or free not to...
    As are you...

Enjoy your (new found???) freedom...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    That my friend... is your choice...
    As it is my choice whether I answer any specific question from you.

(However I am not sure what difference what anyone else does, should have any bearing on what an individual does???)

Last time I checked... it was called:

FREEDOM!

I do not know about you... however I kinda like that idea... I am free to or free not to...
    As are you...

Enjoy your (new found???) freedom...
    My freedom isn’t “new found.” I just so happen to believe in old fashioned civility, unlike some others I know. Sorry if I expect too much grace from you.

Post Likes
    No apology is necessary...

GA has NO expectations from others...

To live under an expectation... is to be enslaved to the person who one expects something from...
    Does anyone really wanna be a slave (even if only mentally)???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    I wonder...

Who takes responsibility for the folks whose lives are RUINED... in the name of govt imposed 'safety'...

Add to this the obvious partisan and agendas behind the so called govt safety...

And we have a real problem!!!
    It all started with the government tricking families into thinking both parents had to work to survive. Now when one drops out all hell breaks loose. A pandemic wouldn't be as hard hitting back in the 50s. The dollar and how it was earned meant something.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast