Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

DavidA...

GA does not have any issues with anyone...

REAL MEN (which someone refuses to define)...

Are secure enough in themselves to be beyond that childish POO...

If you are still in UKR...

Isn't it past your bedtime???

GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

DavidA...

GA does not have any issues with anyone...
    Glad to hear, so if you want to have an actual discussion. Answer my original question. At how many lives saved would the quarantine be worth it in your opinion? 1 Million? 10 Million? 100 Million?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Glad to hear, so if you want to have an actual discussion. Answer my original question. At how many lives saved would the quarantine be worth it in your opinion? 1 Million? 10 Million? 100 Million?
    There is life and then there is quality of life. The latter is going downhill for many, at the hands of a few.

4. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    There is life and then there is quality of life. The latter is going downhill for many, at the hands of a few.
    I have actually been thinking about this. Rather than counting "deaths." Perhaps we should be thinking about years of life lost. There is definitely a difference in societal/economic impact between the average 30 year old, vs the average 80 year old dying.

If you look back at the 1918 flu pandemic, the death numbers were not anything above what is being discussed with CV. But 1. the population was smaller, but probably more importantly, it killed across all ages, with a focus on 20-40 years old... which has huge economic implications.

6. Likes 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My friend...

That I do not have any issues with you...
    Does not require nor control whether I choose to answer your questions, or not.

As it should be the same for you...

It is called FREEDOM...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    I have actually been thinking about this. Rather than counting "deaths." Perhaps we should be thinking about years of life lost. There is definitely a difference in societal/economic impact between the average 30 year old, vs the average 80 year old dying.

If you look back at the 1918 flu pandemic, the death numbers were not anything above what is being discussed with CV. But 1. the population was smaller, but probably more importantly, it killed across all ages, with a focus on 20-40 years old... which has huge economic implications.

If it were me...

I would be looking at the principles in the founding documents of the USA...

Which do NOT allow ANY govt to play God with who lives and who does not... short of due process of law. And passing a bunch of quick laws... to give that power to a handful of folks with an agenda... is a violation of the principle of freedom that says: ALL folks are created equal!

Ever notice how the folks that do not believe in a higher power...
    Think THEY should have the powers traditionally reserved for that higher power???
    Shows a lot about attitudes and agendas if one considers carefully...

It is, IMO, arrogance for anyone to think they should have that power over another.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    My friend...

It is called FREEDOM...
    But why respond to my question with nonsense? If you don't like my question... don't answer. I understand that. But your response was illogical, had nothing to do with my question, and implied you are a better person than others. I don't see the point.

Post Likes
    But why respond to my question with nonsense? If you don't like my question... don't answer. I understand that. But your response was illogical, had nothing to do with my question, and implied you are a better person than others. I don't see the point.
    Responding to a question with a question... is behavior one sees regularly...

Logical by whose yardstick???

No implication was meant...
    The question GA would ask... is why was an implication imagined???
    Yeah, that was cheap... however IMO this has gone beyond seeking knowledge and wisdom...
    Into a p**ing match...

Wanna call it off???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes

Wanna call it off???
    Call what off? Your nonsensical self righteous rambling? Not sure you and I could ever have an actual conversation. It’s like you are speaking another language. Which is one of the reasons I offered to ignore you if you ignore me. Us talking is pointless.

Post Likes
    Come on GA. The answer is so simple, can't believe you keep dancing around it. In fact, I have already answered the question.

We tolerate a certain number of suicides. Death by auto accidents. Deaths from the flu. Look at those numbers. Numbers which barely make the news.

That's where the answer to the question is. Those numbers that we tolerate have already been established.

My friend...

It is called FREEDOM...
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Responding to a question with a question... is behavior one sees regularly..
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 43
Size:  1.15 MB
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Post Likes
    Call what off? Your nonsensical self righteous rambling? Not sure you and I could ever have an actual conversation. It’s like you are speaking another language. Which is one of the reasons I offered to ignore you if you ignore me. Us talking is pointless.
    Geez guy... are you really that up-tight???

Sorry to hear that...

How about a dose of good old Southern common sense... it does wonders for mental health issues...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Geez guy... are you really that up-tight???

Sorry to hear that...

How about a dose of good old Southern common sense... it does wonders for mental health issues...
    Again implying I don’t have common sense... but “you don’t have a problem with anyone” lol

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast