Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 143 of 320
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,179
    Post Likes
    The interesting thing about folks with no common sense...

    Is they just cannot let go when they have been PROVED wrong...

    When someone KNOWS they are right... they do not care what others think...

    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    20,026
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The interesting thing about folks with no common sense...

    Is they just cannot let go when they have been PROVED wrong...

    When someone KNOWS they are right... they do not care what others think...

    In other words, liberals and other intelligent people lack common sense because their general intelligence overrides it. They think in situations where they are supposed to feel. In evolutionarily familiar domains such as interpersonal relationships, feeling usually leads to correct solutions whereas thinking does not.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

    "When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

    "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden



  3. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  4. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,669
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The interesting thing about folks with no common sense...

    Is they just cannot let go when they have been PROVED wrong...

    When someone KNOWS they are right... they do not care what others think...

    Are you saying I don’t have common sense?

  5. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,179
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Are you saying I don’t have common sense?
    You are a big boy... can you think for yourself???

    Oh, forgot... the progressives do not support critical thinking...

    Excuse me...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  6. #135
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,556
    Post Likes
    That would be a pretty easy number to come up with. There have been all sorts of charts and posts in these various threads of what we consider to be 'normal'. Things like death by autos, suicides, street shootings, drug over dose, etc.

    So far, as I understand it, we are not even close to any of those number of deaths by the Chinese virus.


    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    At what number would you say it is worth it? 1 million, 10 million, 100 million. Not saying it would be that high obviously, but there is a number at which, even economically, the quarantine is "worth it."
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  7. #136
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,556
    Post Likes
    Heard a discussion just yesterday on that subject. Has to do with modeling. As I think I posted on one thread or another here, garbage in garbage out. You see, the numbers they came up with to do the modeling are, relatively speaking, out in the stratosphere. When in reality, we've barely hopped off of the ground.


    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    True, but many are saying the quarantine isn’t worth it.... without the end game statistics.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  8. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  9. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    20,026
    Post Likes
    Could this be Chuck Schumer?
    Name:  Animated GIF-downsized_large.gif
Views: 49
Size:  1.15 MB
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

    "When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

    "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden



  10. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
  11. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,669
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You are a big boy... can you think for yourself???

    Oh, forgot... the progressives do not support critical thinking...

    Excuse me...
    Real men say things straight. As I did about your post being self righteous nonsense. Are you a man?

  12. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,179
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Real men say things straight. As I did about your post being self righteous nonsense. Are you a man?
    How about a link defining a real man...

    Note: information in the link needs to pass the 'peer review' test...
    Or it is fake news...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  13. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,669
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Heard a discussion just yesterday on that subject. Has to do with modeling. As I think I posted on one thread or another here, garbage in garbage out. You see, the numbers they came up with to do the modeling are, relatively speaking, out in the stratosphere. When in reality, we've barely hopped off of the ground.
    I fully agree, and have never disputed it. I know the data is incomplete, and as most of the data is from other countries, who is to say what we can and cannot trust. However, it still doesn't change the fact that there is a number of deaths at which the quarantine would be justified. The fact is, I have been highly skeptical of the quarantine, at least as strict of one as they have done. And I would probably "tolerate/accept" or whatever you want to call it... a higher death count than most Americans. I have already had the discussion with my mom that if she catches CV it might be the end for her. But I am focusing on her quality of life... not length of life. But while everyone would "tolerate" different numbers of deaths... everyone has a number at which the quarantine would be worth it. For sure 330 million would be worth it right? Once we understand where each others numbers... maybe we would have a better discussion?

    Also... what choice do we have other than to make decisions on partial data? It is done every day in life and business. Even after this is all over... we still won't have complete data.

  14. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,669
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    How about a link defining a real man...

    Note: information in the link needs to pass the 'peer review' test...
    Or it is fake news...

    Are you confused about your gender???

  15. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,179
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Are you confused about your gender???
    Diverting the subject, again...

    Thought you were gonna get a 'peer reviewed' link for us...

    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  16. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,669
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Diverting the subject, again...

    Thought you were gonna get a 'peer reviewed' link for us...

    You are the one asking me to define what is a man... seems like gender confusion to me.

    Listen GA, I called you out for responding but not answering my question in any logical way. Because you quoted me. I would prefer to play nice with you. Maybe it would be better if you didn't respond to my posts? I can tell you that if you don't quote nor reference me, I will leave you alone. You seem to have some personal issues with me.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR