Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Is your company still doing routine maintenance during the pandemic?

The company I work for is. I don't believe they should be asking anyone to go into homes unnecessarily with the way this virus is spreading. I was just wondering how things are being ran in other places, and hopefully to get justification on how pi**ed i am about it, or see some points they may make me feel okay with it.

Post Likes
    I do them but i wont go in unless the home owner is gone or upstairs i wont let them come with in 7 feet of me . and yes i ware a mask and gloves and i forgot to add i only do this for my well known and established clients NOT the guy who calls i need this or that can you do it i tell them i am booked up and offer them a number of another company in my area

Post Likes
    Tech calls the client to turn on a/c. Filter is left at door. If we must go inside the use of alcohol to clean anything we touch gloves worn, can't get anymore masks, and disinfectant spray used on the tech's clothes before and after. Doin what we can, some clients have posponed their maintenance agreement checks.Many are glad to have some activity as they are not at work themselves.

Wanting to protect our tech as best possible and keep the wheels movin in business. We have asked all employees to speak up if they do not feel safe. All wish to continue to work but are using the new guidelines we have put in place. Tomorrow may be different. I personally wish we could do more with PPE but we just can't get the resources, as we shouldn't, they are needed more importantly elsewhere. Sounds like I don't care for people, and put them in harms way for the sake of a dollar, but no employee is being forced to work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    Tech calls the client to turn on a/c. Filter is left at door. If we must go inside the use of alcohol to clean anything we touch gloves worn, can't get anymore masks, and disinfectant spray used on the tech's clothes before and after. Doin what we can, some clients have posponed their maintenance agreement checks.Many are glad to have some activity as they are not at work themselves.

Wanting to protect our tech as best possible and keep the wheels movin in business. We have asked all employees to speak up if they do not feel safe. All wish to continue to work but are using the new guidelines we have put in place. Tomorrow may be different. I personally wish we could do more with PPE but we just can't get the resources, as we shouldn't, they are needed more importantly elsewhere. Sounds like I don't care for people, and put them in harms way for the sake of a dollar, but no employee is being forced to work.
    Are you offering them unemployment as an alternative?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    My employer stopped maintenance. I see they are still installing A/Cs which is not essential now in Indiana. As a HO I wouldn't want a tech or installer in unnecessarily unless my heat went out.

I do (did) go to homes and on my last day of work, 10 days ago, 1 man (Doc) cancelled and another called to have me out and put her hand out. I reminder that may not be a good idea these days.

Post Likes
    Still doing commercial pm here in mid MO. Most stores are empty. Did an insurance co where no outside contractors allowed in. Got some backflow preventers to repair at a large factory because it’s required.

Post Likes
    I'm doing rooftop work away from people.Im not going into anyones home.I did one job inside a small food store.i put chairs around my work area.I didn't touch anything around the store.i wore latex gloves.i don't have a face mask.(all sold out everywhere).I being as careful as I can.Doing a limited amount of work.Keeping my distance from people, not touching foreign objects.

Post Likes
    Not residential but I have a PM due next month on a building that sterilize instruments used in the medical field. I'm thinking about wearing my full face respirator on site. What do you guys think?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Not residential but I have a PM due next month on a building that sterilize instruments used in the medical field. I'm thinking about wearing my full face respirator on site. What do you guys think?
    Yeah..or a half face and good goggles....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Are you offering them unemployment as an alternative?
    PTO if anyone was to ask, have had nobody ask so far. Question asked everyday, "you OK with working?" Keepin 6 ft apart from everyone,checking temps for fever, cancelled weekly service training until further notice. If one of us test positive we'll be shut down.

Post Likes
    PTO if anyone was to ask, have had nobody ask so far. Question asked everyday, "you OK with working?" Keepin 6 ft apart from everyone,checking temps for fever, cancelled weekly service training until further notice. If one of us test positive we'll be shut down.
    Do you mean PTO that they have accrued?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    If one of us test positive we'll be shut down.
    Been at a manufacturing facility all week and part of last. They also said they would start taking temps of employees and outside contractors (us) starting Monday 3 days ago. But, it turns out they keep delaying it as I suppose they have too much work and don't want to risk sending anyone home.

Post Likes
    i’m from a small town so we’re kinda at a dead still lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast