Post Likes

N4 report service and webChart widgets

Does anyone know how to get the N4 report service to print a N4 chart (webChart Widget) when having a report run daily? What I want to do is create the various charts for AHU's / Chillers / Etc and then stick them in a report that runs once a day at say 2am and emails a PDF to the maintenance section and their supervisors. I can only get it to work with AX charts, but they are a royal PITA to work with.

I can't beleive that Niagara left this out in N4, isn't this exactly the reason for the report service???? I must be missing something, I just see what it is!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VAEngineer View Post
    Does anyone know how to get the N4 report service to print a N4 chart (webChart Widget) when having a report run daily? What I want to do is create the various charts for AHU's / Chillers / Etc and then stick them in a report that runs once a day at say 2am and emails a PDF to the maintenance section and their supervisors. I can only get it to work with AX charts, but they are a royal PITA to work with.

I can't beleive that Niagara left this out in N4, isn't this exactly the reason for the report service???? I must be missing something, I just see what it is!
    Under the report module is a folder called reporting under that is the ExportSource component. Once you define a history in that it comes up with a Action tab and a Setup tab. Under the action tab you can set up the export as a history to chart etc. You then have to link that to an email.

Post Likes
    Thanks, I should have clarified, that is the component I am using. VykonPro has a similar module but both of them have the same issue. If in your report px file you embed a N4 chart and generate either a PDF file or an email, it appears the render engine ignores the N4 chart component. AX charts render, but they are a pain. The closest I can get to some functionality for this is creating a px file from the AX chart builder and then embedding the PX file in that. AX charts are just not user friendly (In my experience) and the otehr thing that drives me crazy is you can't change the size it prints on the report (like you can with a N4 chart). I want this ability because if you print more than about 2 histories the graphs get to busy to really understand when they are plotted on the printed report.