Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You are not taking into account what the repercussions would be if we didn't do anything.
    If we didn't do anything and the media didn't blow this into a shit show, would things be that bad? Statistically speaking, based on the numbers we are being given, even if 250k people of compromised health perish because of this, should millions lose their jobs and the economy be completely destroyed? Should every american be getting a stimulus check? Probably not. When people react to situations, in general, good decisions are not made. Weak politicians scamper and play the blame game while the top narcissists react like cornered rats.
    I don't know what the answer is. I do know that throwing employees and small business' a few bucks for a few months isn't going to fix the damage.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    If we didn't do anything and the media didn't blow this into a shit show, would things be that bad? Statistically speaking, based on the numbers we are being given, even if 250k people of compromised health perish because of this, should millions lose their jobs and the economy be completely destroyed? Should every american be getting a stimulus check? Probably not. When people react to situations, in general, good decisions are not made. Weak politicians scamper and play the blame game while the top narcissists react like cornered rats.
    I don't know what the answer is. I do know that throwing employees and small business' a few bucks for a few months isn't going to fix the damage.
    250,000 people is not the answer to that question. I don't see the media blowing this into a sh!$ show either.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Pagey loves to troll.

He will argue this point to the end of the earth.

I Couldn't help to have fun with him today. Finished the half bath remodel, and it's stormy rain outside today. Too much time on my hands.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Pagey loves to troll.

I Couldn't help to have fun with him today. Finished the half bath remodel, and it's stormy rain outside today. Too much time on my hands.
    You must be a masochist, no laws against that I guess.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    250,000 people is not the answer to that question. I don't see the media blowing this into a sh!$ show either.
    Is this something we need to be reminded of 24/7. How about "Wash your hands" "Practice social distancing"...Today's weather is... I do think the media has run with this.
    I hate to say this, but I miss the "murder this murder that" on Chicago television. It used to be I would turn on the tv and hear about all the killings. Now all I hear about is COVID

People will die. It is what it is. Collateral damaged should be minimized, not maximized.

6. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Pagey loves to troll.

I'm bored and drunk. I have time on my hands

Post Likes
    Is this something we need to be reminded of 24/7. How about "Wash your hands" "Practice social distancing"...Today's weather is... I do think the media has run with this.
    I hate to say this, but I miss the "murder this murder that" on Chicago television. It used to be I would turn on the tv and hear about all the killings. Now all I hear about is COVID

People will die. It is what it is. Collateral damaged should be minimized, not maximized.
    I guess the mayor of St Louis in 1918 was someone like me and the mayor of Philadelphia was someone like you.

2 cities handled this health crisis different. The results couldn’t have been more opposite.
    Philadelphia, St. Louis had different approaches to social distancing during Spanish flu

https://www.wsls.com/features/2020/0...more-opposite/

Post Likes
    If it was a 70 year old person in bad health, shouldn't it go anyways?

Different people have different priorities I guess.

The above quotes were from two different posts but in full context.

Post Likes

11. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Heard this morning that checks will start getting deposited on Thursday

13. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If it was a 70 year old person in bad health, shouldn't it go anyways?
    I agree with the president we can’t let cure be worse than the cause
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Okay, let's start at the employers getting government monies so the 'low level' worker bees can still buy food.

Where I am, it started out as two weeks. Thin they added on another four weeks.

As I attempted to mention before, those are loans that need to be paid back. After other monies run out.

So, you apply for a g'ment [loan] un-guaranteed grant. To be forgiven if a bunch of conditions are met. If one condition is not met, that means no more grant. D'oh!

Has anyone here tried to get a loan on top of another loan that was not paid back?

Like I said previous, nothing on this thread really means anything, the proof will be in the pudding down the road.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

16. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I just told my wife that since women only make 79% of what men make, I want 21% of her stimulus check.

Now I have a ringing in my right ear.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast