Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 118 to 130 of 146
  1. #118
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,541
    Post Likes
    LOL


    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    From reading your posts here I am convinced you can't see anything.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  2. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,692
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    What happens if the lockdown extends more than 2 months? The loan/grant will be beneficial for some. For others, all it will do is prolong the inevitable.
    If it extends for more than 2 months they are still better off then than if they did not take it. I doubt there would be any trouble extending the program at that time unless some fool republican lawmaker like Rand Paul tried to stop it.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  3. #120
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,541
    Post Likes
    Yeah. Same as before. Doesn't matter the administration. We're screwed.


    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    What happens if the lockdown extends more than 2 months? The loan/grant will be beneficial for some. For others, all it will do is prolong the inevitable.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  4. #121
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    26,541
    Post Likes
    Probably should vote for Bernie.

    Checks for all to stay home and do nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    If it extends for more than 2 months they are still better off then than if they did not take it. I doubt there would be any trouble extending the program at that time unless some fool republican lawmaker like Rand Paul tried to stop it.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  5. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,692
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    What happens if the lockdown extends more than 2 months? The loan/grant will be beneficial for some. For others, all it will do is prolong the inevitable.
    Is it your contention that small businesses would be better off without the Payroll Protection Program?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  6. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,854
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    If it extends for more than 2 months they are still better off then than if they did not take it. I doubt there would be any trouble extending the program at that time unless some fool republican lawmaker like Rand Paul tried to stop it.
    Let's take politics out of this. Extending monies for a failed business does nothing but kick the can down the road. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Someone has to pay for all of this. It's going to be us. The working class stiffs. We pay for everything.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  7. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,692
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Let's take politics out of this. Extending monies for a failed business does nothing but kick the can down the road. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Someone has to pay for all of this. It's going to be us. The working class stiffs. We pay for everything.
    Why is it a failed business?

    Who else but a Rand Paul would oppose this?

    Is it your contention that small businesses would be better off without this program?

    If it is a failed business shouldn't it go away anyways? Isn't that what would happen in a pure capitalistic economy?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  8. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,854
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Is it your contention that small businesses would be better off without the Payroll Protection Program?
    It is my contention that it does nothing for non essential businesses.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  9. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,692
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    It is my contention that it does nothing for non essential businesses.
    Why is that?

    So even more should be done then?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  10. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,854
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Why is it a failed business?

    Who else but a Rand Paul would oppose this?

    Is it your contention that small businesses would be better off without this program?

    If it is a failed business shouldn't it go away anyways? Isn't that what would happen in a pure capitalistic economy?
    If it was a 70 year old person in bad health, shouldn't it go anyways?
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  11. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,692
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    If it was a 70 year old person in bad health, shouldn't it go anyways?
    No, but why don't you expand on that thought?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

  12. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,854
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Why is that?

    So even more should be done then?
    My issue is that millions are being affected for the outcome of thousands. No different then legislature about transgenders, .05% of the population, affects the 370M of us that are not.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  13. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,692
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    My issue is that millions are being affected for the outcome of thousands. No different then legislature about transgenders, .05% of the population, affects the 370M of us that are not.
    You are not taking into account what the repercussions would be if we didn't do anything.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR