Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    So, these stimulus payments will be coming out in a week or two as they first stated?
    We will have to wait and see there I guess.

Like I said it is still a bad analogy because it wouldn't mean that the govt is asking for repayment where they weren't before. Which is what you are implying about the Small Business Loan Program.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    See, now you're getting on board. You just stated it is a Loan Program.

What I am saying is there is NOTHING in the legislation that guarantees it is a loan which does not need to be paid back. And what I have already stated is that others smarter than you or I have dissected the legal ease and determined this loan could easily be tagged as something to be re-paid.

Are you a business owner? If so, willing to take the risk of bankruptcy? Which I am willing to bet will be happening en masse down the road. This will just be one simple contributing factor.

If I was a business owner right now, I would be hunkering down in 'conserve cash' mode. And NOT be taking out a loan with risky terms. Gotta be prepared and ready when the market opens back up. Not in litigation with the Feds.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    We will have to wait and see there I guess.

Like I said it is still a bad analogy because it wouldn't mean that the govt is asking for repayment where they weren't before. Which is what you are implying about the Small Business Loan Program.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    See, now you're getting on board. You just stated it is a Loan Program.

What I am saying is there is NOTHING in the legislation that guarantees it is a loan which does not need to be paid back. And what I have already stated is that others smarter than you or I have dissected the legal ease and determined this loan could easily be tagged as something to be re-paid.

Are you a business owner? If so, willing to take the risk of bankruptcy? Which I am willing to bet will be happening en masse down the road. This will just be one simple contributing factor.

If I was a business owner right now, I would be hunkering down in 'conserve cash' mode. And NOT be taking out a loan with risky terms. Gotta be prepared and ready when the market opens back up. Not in litigation with the Feds.

I am not on board with you. I am reposting this because you seemed to have forgotten it already.

Importantly, Section 1106 of the Act, titled “Loan Forgiveness,” provides that the Government will forgive the amount of a loan under the Act that a recipient can document was used to pay: (1) payroll costs; (2) mortgage interest; (3) rent and (4) utilities—in each case for up to eight weeks following the issuance of the loan.

So this is good for the owner and the employees

Tens of thousands and probably hundreds of thousands of small business owners already disagree with you

Post Likes
    And after that eight weeks?

What happens to that business, and these loans, after they've been mandated to be shut down for months?

People at the top say this 'social distancing' may go on for much longer than previously stated.

I am not on board with you. I am reposting this because you seemed to have forgotten it already.

Importantly, Section 1106 of the Act, titled “Loan Forgiveness,” provides that the Government will forgive the amount of a loan under the Act that a recipient can document was used to pay: (1) payroll costs; (2) mortgage interest; (3) rent and (4) utilities—in each case for up to eight weeks following the issuance of the loan.

So this is good for the owner and the employees

Tens of thousands and probably hundreds of thousands of small business owners already disagree with you

Post Likes
    And after that eight weeks?

What happens to that business, and these loans, after they've been mandated to be shut down for months?

People at the top say this 'social distancing' may go on for much longer than previously stated.
    If it goes on for longer than 8 weeks they will be in a better position than they are in today. They will have had their health ins paid for, their rent and utilities etc. That is assuming that no further action is taken even.

People at the top?

Post Likes

Haven't you heard? Fauci stated we need to keep this social distancing in place until not one single case of it tests for a positive.

Show me where Dr Fauci said that if you could please,

Post Likes
    Dennis Prager played the clip two or three times in a row. Just to make a point and let it sink in. Maybe last Wednesday, can't remember for sure. Which means the statement would have been made prior.

Maybe go to his site or an ipoddy thingy.

Show me where Dr Fauci said that if you could please,

Post Likes
    Let's put that statement in perspective.

"The Government" said 'stimulus' checks (or direct deposits) would be coming out shortly. As in a couple of weeks or so. Last week they said it will likely take up to a few months.
    The ink needs to dry on the currency before it can get shipped to the banks....
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Dennis Prager played the clip two or three times in a row. Just to make a point and let it sink in. Maybe last Wednesday, can't remember for sure. Which means the statement would have been made prior.

Maybe go to his site or an ipoddy thingy.
    I will bet that he did not say that or it was out of context.

Post Likes
    That reminds me of a funny/interesting story.

Had an acquaintance, facility manager, tell me his Corvette needed to be painted. But it took an extraordinary amount of time to get the paint. The reason? One of the ingredients/blends of the paint was the same paint/ink used to print our currency. Weird, huh?

It had to be the exact amount of ounces used for the repair/paint job. And 'heavily' documented.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The ink needs to dry on the currency before it can get shipped to the banks....

Post Likes
    You can make any bet you want. Why would I care?

I will bet that he did not say that or it was out of context.

13. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You can make any bet you want. Why would I care?
    I bet that you can't come up with the quote in the context that you quoted it.

Dennis Prager lol.

Post Likes
    As I said, you can make any bet you want. Why would I care?

I bet that you can't come up with the quote in the context that you quoted it.

Dennis Prager lol.

16. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast