Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CoolPilot View Post
    Is this something you would have to apply for or are you referring to the stimulus payments?
    The unemployment is different than the stimulus. The stimulus is a 1 time check/direct deposit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    when young i had knights and a castle for play , a striking bit of nostalgia . Cheers Jim
    Same here, grew up playing with lead soldiers,knights and castles..... fighting my brother with sword and shield, fun times, nowadays video games are all my kids want to play with. thanks!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Is this something you would have to apply for or are you referring to the stimulus payments?
    The $1105 figure was based on my state unemployment benefits max, in Alabama the max is only $275+$600=$875/wk, in Massachusetts $823+600=$1423/wk, the additional $600 are only for the first 4 months, still a nice chunk of change, many people will way make more $ not working collecting the government hand out.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    My office has done a pretty good job so far keeping us busy, definitely not easy right now. I’m going to keep on working as long as there’s work. As far as the OP...I wouldn’t feel real good about doing residential PMs right now either.

Post Likes
    I voluntary bailed out last week, told my company I won’t be back for 1-2 months minimum. The fact is we just don’t have the necessary protection to do our jobs safely and as sneaky as customers are, you can ask them all day if they’re sick or if they travelled, they’ll lie to get their equipment fixed. Not worth the risk and it’s not fair to unsuspecting customers that you might transfer the virus to. I’ve got 6 months worth of emergency savings and I consider this an emergency, so I’m home until things die down (no pun intended).

Post Likes
    Sounds like you have the right idea for sure. I think I could probably last about one month before things started getting really tight. May have to look into unemployment if things look like itS going to be much longer...

Post Likes
    I have already spoken to my boss, hence why im not currently working. I have a 12yr old daughter with asthma so my wife & I are being extra cautious. Just dont know how long we can hold out without a paycheck...
    I would talk to your daughters' doctor and see if you would qualify for paid leave under #4 below.

The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their
    employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.
    These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.

2. has been advised by a health care provider to
    self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
    3. is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking
    a medical diagnosis;
    4. is caring for an individual subject to an order described
    in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);

Good luck.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    What certain employers?

An employer with not enough reserve funds to pay out those kind of funds?

How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I would talk to your daughters' doctor and see if you would qualify for paid leave under #4 below.

The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their
    employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.
    These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.

2. has been advised by a health care provider to
    self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
    3. is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking
    a medical diagnosis;
    4. is caring for an individual subject to an order described
    in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);

Good luck.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    What certain employers?

How does that work?
    It would be easy to search BB with far fewer characters than you used. You talk about training people often so I will do the same here. I will give you a few minutes to educate yourself than if you are unable to do so I will happily do what I can for you.

We joined the civilized world BB at least temporarily with paid leave. Does that bother you?

Post Likes
    What certain employers?

How does that work?
    Certain employers with under 500 employees basically.

https://abc11.com/emergency-paid-sic...gress/6065804/

Post Likes
    I work As a Lead Diagnostic Commercial Tech , I am very hands on with the rebuilding of parts and heavy compressor swaps, Nitrogen always used when welding! There was a slowdown, I had a wonderful 10 days off due to the confusion. I renovated my master bath and i had Plenty of separate HVAC clients kept me busy. My employer doesn't care as long as i'm not competing with them. I'm considered one of the best in the field and they definitely don't want to lose me. I had to be put on a Company Critical Services Tech list before going out again, as the law dictated.

Commercially i am not threatened by the virus. Once i arrive i only need to know what unit i am going to because the work orders say one thing and the Building manager says another..95% of the time i am on the roof, 3% above a ceiling and 2% in a utilities area, far away from anyone..

Post Likes
    If it is in the contract before you hire on.

Government can't come along and mandate you yourself or your company go bankrupt paying out what you don't have. Or to keep what you will need to start over.

I've got a 100 hours of PTO, that's 2.5 weeks, then I'm on my own. Works for me.

If you don't know what those certain employers are, just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    It would be easy to search BB with far fewer characters than you used. You talk about training people often so I will do the same here. I will give you a few minutes to educate yourself than if you are unable to do so I will happily do what I can for you.

We joined the civilized world BB at least temporarily with paid leave. Does that bother you?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    If it is in the contract before you hire on.

Government can't come along and mandate you yourself or your company go bankrupt paying out what you don't have. Or to keep what you will need to start over.

I've got a 100 hours of PTO, that's 2.5 weeks, then I'm on my own. Works for me.

If you don't know what those certain employers are, just say so.
    I already told you who they are and provided a link.

If you are happy that is good for you but you don't get to make the rules for the rest of us. That is what the federal govt is for BB.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast