Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

Trump Punishing GM For Lordstown Closure ?

Now if we look at the history of this.

GM offered..along with others to produce ventilators before the WH was even involved.

So.. GM comes up with a price of a billion dollars to tool up a plant, train workers... pretty much get the ball rolling on manufacturing the devices.

Trump balks at the price and backs out of the deal. Starts questioning the need to even produce 30-40 thou ventilators.

Today Trump uses that defense act to force GM... which is already in preparations to build them... to build them.... lol

WHATS WRONG WITH THAT GUY .... lol

He is now claiming that he did it to speed up production... to force GM..who was already putting this thing as a priority to speed it up.... lol

He is doing this to punish GM for closing that Lordstown plant... One of Trumps first tweets on this was to reopen Lordstown.... I guess so Trump can claim he got the plant back open...

He is one big nut aint he...

Do this... no dont... do it... faster.... wait... slow down... speed up... stop... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Oprah/Greta 2020

Post Likes
    GM upped the price... reduced the quota and said it would take longer than planned.. Screw GM

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

3. Likes VTP99, vin lashon, lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    GM upped the price... reduced the quota and said it would take longer than planned.. Screw GM
    And you believe this because Trump tweeted it? Upped the price from what to what? Reduced quota from what to what? Changed timeline from what to what?

I heard 1 billion for 80,000 ventilators. Which would be 12,500 per ventilator, which is actually on the low end of what they cost on the open market. Of course I don't know if those numbers are accurate, but I doubt you have accurate figures either.

I also know re-tooling a factory, is both expensive and time consuming. Honestly, I would have expected the cost to be 30-50% higher than market price even without profit. GM is not a ventilator manufacturer, so it should come as no surprise that they would not be cost efficient at building them.

And don't think I trust corporations, because I certainly don't trust them... except to do what is in their own self interest. But for sure, the main reason they are doing this, is for the PR, and if it came out that they profited from helping with CV their reputation would be screwed.

6. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Try again
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    VT, I have heard all sorts of numbers about how many ventilators was included in the 1 billion. And I stated I don't know... but I also know you don't know. The above is just one of many numbers being thrown around. Heck, even Trump tweeted 40k, which is higher than what you are portraying.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    VT, I have heard all sorts of numbers about how many ventilators was included in the 1 billion. And I stated I don't know... but I also know you don't know. The above is just one of many numbers being thrown around. Heck, even Trump tweeted 40k, which is higher than what you are portraying.
    I agree, just giving the objective 👍🏻

Post Likes
    Wait a minute..... how do you know I don't know ?

Post Likes
    First the Dems cry because the President doesn't use the defense act. When it becomes necessary they cry about that. Brilliant!

The reality is GM and others have no idea what their cost will be to build something they have never built before. No point in contract negotiations until they do. Seems logical.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Wait a minute..... how do you know I don't know ?
    I doubt GM nor Ventec executives hang out in ARP... but hey, maybe I am wrong and you are filthy rich and just enjoy trolling HVACR folk...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post
    The reality is GM and others have no idea what their cost will be to build something they have never built before. No point in contract negotiations until they do. Seems logical.
    They are working with Ventec, an existing ventilator company who does know the costs. Ofc, it is just estimates what the cost increase per unit would be for GM to make them, but I am sure they have a very good idea. I also read that it is Ventec that is discussing price, GM is just saying how much it will cost them to retool the factory. What I read GM is doing:

1. GM is working with at least one face mask company to make face masks.
    https://www.autonews.com/china/gm-wu...ake-face-masks
    https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...BFETIA2C4XNY4/

2. GM is helping Ventec increase ventilator production in the Ventec factory, with a focus on logistics.
    https://www.theoaklandpress.com/news...c4b4db3d0.html

3. The last stage is for Ventec/GM to make the lower end ventilators in a GM factory, so that Ventec can focus on making the higher end units.

Post Likes
    Will be interesting to see when GM starts bringing those ventilators off the assembly line.. and eventually it would be nice to know how much they get paid.

I find it suspicious how a week ago he was congratulating GM,Ford... on how they were stepping up to the plate and making ventilators... then a few days ago he is questioning the need to be making them... then all the sudden he hops up and invokes that act like he is forcing them into it.... when they are already ramping up production.

I dont have a problem with that lunatic forcing businesses or industries to produce goods.... but they were already doing it...

Trump once again shows what a great negotiator and dealmaker he is.... lol....

He just signed a bill for 2 trillion in bailout money and we know that the lions share of that is going to be wasted and thrown away on corps.... If GM says it needs a billion to make those machines... either negotiate the price down... or pay em.

There is absolutely no need to put a gun to their heads like he has done here.......
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Oprah/Greta 2020

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Will be interesting to see when GM starts bringing those ventilators off the assembly line.. and eventually it would be nice to know how much they get paid.

I find it suspicious how a week ago he was congratulating GM,Ford... on how they were stepping up to the plate and making ventilators... then a few days ago he is questioning the need to be making them... then all the sudden he hops up and invokes that act like he is forcing them into it.... when they are already ramping up production.

I dont have a problem with that lunatic forcing businesses or industries to produce goods.... but they were already doing it...

Trump once again shows what a great negotiator and dealmaker he is.... lol....

He just signed a bill for 2 trillion in bailout money and we know that the lions share of that is going to be wasted and thrown away on corps.... If GM says it needs a billion to make those machines... either negotiate the price down... or pay em.

There is absolutely no need to put a gun to their heads like he has done here.......
    Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Trump’s way of negotiating the price via the media and American people.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast