+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got a Q about this PITA Chinese Virus.

Post Likes

Got a Q about this PITA Chinese Virus.

How does this "6' social distance rule" play w/ Indoor Blowers running work?

Or outdoors w/ Mother Nature's wind/breeze doing its thing??

Then does this Chinese Virus get into/on to the return grills/ducts,blowers, evap coils,filters,supply ducts,registers and then back into the common air areas????

Just wondering!

Post Likes
    I seen doctors say that the virus is in heavier droplets that drop out of the airstream after a few feet and end up on surfaces. They don't seem concerned about airborne transmission via HVAC based on what they know currently.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU&t=1208s

This is interesting and had some details about spreading the virus.

For those not having the time, here are some time stamps
    8:01 Reinfection cases
    8:35 How the virus infects
    11:28 - 13:40 Airborne infection
    15:00 - 18:45 Mask and how effective it is
    27:20 How long will this last
    29:11 Seasonal disease case
    29:35 Vaccine
    31:45 - 34:00 Drug repurposing (Chloroquine and friends)
    36:07 Great advice

Another one, in English:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-IaAnaLjg
    Last edited by pacnw; 03-28-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Just heard on Fox TV that overseas in Asia that this Kung Fu Flu has been found in the HVAC duct work. This is in a Hospital.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Just heard on Fox TV that overseas in Asia that this Kung Fu Flu has been found in the HVAC duct work. This is in a Hospital.
    It's said the last place you want to be sick in is in a hospital. Even though swabbing with 10% bleach is SOP.
    I've worked in many hospitals and there is a large difference in the quality of the maintenance between them. Even so, hospitals get the worse of what a human can get, go through, bring in the door.
    If you get sick, try to tough it out at home. Chances are any hospital dealing with this virus, except for crisis care, won't have a lot to offer. The best protected people are those that bothered to get flu and pneumonia shots every year. Even though we're told this is different, it's only somewhat different. You won't be getting one on top of another. This is from a bio technician working at a NH hospital.
    It's curious that of all the testing the numbers say most tests are negative. Meaning people seem motivated the fear factor than actual symptoms. The result is tying up medical personal that might be better used caring for those actually sick. Some, maybe most could go home, "put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up. Call me in the morning." Because that's what is usually done with the flu.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Used to be the most common thing transmitted in a hospital was staph infection. My how things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    It's said the last place you want to be sick in is in a hospital. Even though swabbing with 10% bleach is SOP.
    I've worked in many hospitals and there is a large difference in the quality of the maintenance between them. Even so, hospitals get the worse of what a human can get, go through, bring in the door.
    If you get sick, try to tough it out at home. Chances are any hospital dealing with this virus, except for crisis care, won't have a lot to offer. The best protected people are those that bothered to get flu and pneumonia shots every year. Even though we're told this is different, it's only somewhat different. You won't be getting one on top of another. This is from a bio technician working at a NH hospital.
    It's curious that of all the testing the numbers say most tests are negative. Meaning people seem motivated the fear factor than actual symptoms. The result is tying up medical personal that might be better used caring for those actually sick. Some, maybe most could go home, "put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up. Call me in the morning." Because that's what is usually done with the flu.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    what I keep hearing (now that Im a couple years from retiring)

1) Growing old isn't for pussies
    2) you want to live long, don't get sick
    3) if you do get sick, stay out of the hospital
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

8. Likes Turtleman, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    what I keep hearing (now that Im a couple years from retiring)

1) Growing old isn't for pussies
    2) you want to live long, don't get sick
    3) if you do get sick, stay out of the hospital
    4.) Get the f out of New York....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post

5) live life now because you're not promised tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post

absolutely, the plan exodus is Dec. 2021. I'll be out of here so fast Im going to leave a vapor trail

assuming the Kung-fu-flu doesn't screw up my escape
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

12. Likes samgevas liked this post.
    Post Likes
    dead doctors don't lie!

Post Likes
    It was mentioned,today,on TV(Fox,again) the this deadly bug was found in the Ventilation system in a Chinese Hospital. This is not the same country as in my original post.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in