Post Likes

HL 662 mixer wont run

Hello . The mix motor on this unit doesnt start . We were told the inverter was defective by a hobart tech that was on call after hours ( normally we cant get tech support ) . So we replaced the inverter and it still doesnt start. 3 phase 208 volts is at the jnverter inputs . The display on the inverter matches and changes with the timer . The motor contactor pulls in when the start button is pushed but no power present at the inverter outputs. The timer does not time down either when the start button pushed. Would the new inverter be plug and play or is their additional progarmming to do ? Or is there something else going on here? Any help would be appreciated?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit52 View Post
    Hello . The mix motor on this unit doesnt start . We were told the inverter was defective by a hobart tech that was on call after hours ( normally we cant get tech support ) . So we replaced the inverter and it still doesnt start. 3 phase 208 volts is at the jnverter inputs . The display on the inverter matches and changes with the timer . The motor contactor pulls in when the start button is pushed but no power present at the inverter outputs. The timer does not time down either when the start button pushed. Would the new inverter be plug and play or is their additional progarmming to do ? Or is there something else going on here? Any help would be appreciated?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    There are many different version of drives for those units , are you sure you have the correct one ? look for a white sticker on it with the number , then confirm with Hobart your serial and ML number.
    Also disconnect your 3 wires from drive that lead to motor ( L1, L2,L3 ) and measure voltage output.
    If you have correct voltage input across all 3 , and no output you have a bad drive

3. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    hello, it was ordered from hobart using the model,serial and ML number but at this point it would be worth re checking. yeh the 3 phase voltage is present at the input terminals of the drive but the drive does not appear to start when the start button is pressed (no output to motor).

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    I once had a HL200 (a countertop Legacy mixer) in my shop for repairs. It was acting all kooky by displaying weird, indiscernible things on the control panel AND on the VFD. As such, it wouldn’t run.

At the time, I didn't have a schematic OR a service manual. I REALLY had to put this thing under a microscope to try figuring it out. BUT. I got lucky...

I ended up accidentally “bending” the control wires at one of the connectors to the VFD…and the display went to NORMAL! I subsequently hit the start button and it RAN TOO!

I’d considered that I should order/replace the wire harness but thought “Heck! Wire-tie that harness so the wires stay bent that way”.
    That seemed to work, so decided to take the risk of returning it to the kitchen instead of keeping it down while awaiting parts. I’m in-house, so I could easily renew my efforts if it goes bonkers again.

I think that was five years ago…and it’s never acted up again since then.

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    based on what your saying and what others have said, more and more Im thinking i have a connection problem . someone else has told me where to check for the 5vdc input voltage that tells the drive to start. thats a good place to start now that i know that

Post Likes
    You will need a Hobart certified tech to program the inverter, its not a matter of just plug and play.