Post Likes

Alerton Work station

I need some help here...

I been given all the parts necessary to create my own work station from home so I can learn and practice.

I have;

Alerton BCM-ETH
    Alerton BCM-PWS
    Alerton VLC- 550 controller
    Alerton VAVIH-SD vav controller
    Alerton BACtalk Tstat
    Temperature sensor
    8 Port 10/100 ethernet switch
    Transformers
    Low voltage cables
    Ethernet/Usb cables

Software in laptop is
    3.1 Alerton Envision for BACtalk
    1.6 compass
    1.6 compass config

But I have no idea where to start. Because of the current circumstances I cannot shadow existing technicians so they are hoping I can take all this home and learn and practice on my own as best as I can.

Can anyone here please provide me with some PDF files or videos that I can use as a map?

Any help would be great,
    thanks

Post Likes
    Are the software registered with a softkey? Do you have visio installed? Envision 3.1 and Compass have 2 different versions of VisualLogic. I do not recommend having both envision and compass installed on the same PC. Well a starting point would be to connect everything together. Set the MAC addresses of the MSTP devices, connect the temp sensor to the VLC, connect the controllers via MSTP loop (LV/control cables) to the BCM-ETH's MSTP port, connect the ribbon cable inside the PWS to power the ETH. You would need a 24V transformer to power the PWS. Since you have only one IP device (ETH) you would not need the Ethernet switch, you can directly connect the patch cable to laptop. Power up everything login to Envision or compass and run device scan, I recommend using Envision as a beginner, it is easy to learn and navigate. If everything is good the devices should show up on the device scan, well at least the ETH. If the ETH does not appear and if you do not know the setting of the BCM-ETH you'd need to access the ETH serial shell by connecting a RS232 null modem cable to your serial - USB converter. I have sent you an email please have a look.

Post Likes
    Hi Reckles

Just checked and I do not have keys for either Envision or Compass, I will have to ask the supervisor if I will be getting them (obviously I should) so that I can start working.
    I will also check with them in regards to the other suggestion made VIA email, thanks for taking the time to reply and helping.
    Especially with the detailed response here telling me how to connect the all the equipment. I appreciate your time and help!
    Have a good day.

Post Likes
    Yes without a key you would not be able to do any useful stuff online except offline graphic design. Let me know I can give you a good deal on a key.