Post Likes

Yellow Jacket YJack Series

Has anyone taken a look a yellow jackets new wireless probes? I really like the Bluetooth repeater. I wish other manufacturers came out with them for their Bluetooth smart probes.

https://yellowjacket.com/product/yja...-humidity-kit/

Only down side I see is...
    I don’t see that they have any diagnostic ability. You also need to use their digital manifold with the YJack probes currently.

Post Likes
    To Me this does not seem like a viable solution for anyone for that matter. I do not use yellow jacket digital manifolds I have all testo. That being said the whole point of going to probes is to get away from having to use a manifold for things such as just service contracts and diagnostics. One of the best things about probes is little to no loss in the system. I know if guys disconnect their gauges properly there is not much loss but still more then a probe. Lastly the whole point of a probe in my opinion is ease of use who wants to carry this gadget around with you plus a manifold? Not this guy!

Post Likes
    I prefer my 6 digicools ak900s or my appion ion pt gauges because their superior accuracy. bluetooth range is very poor and not many man manufacturers have bluetooth repeaters as they should because not may homes have contenders and evaps coils within a close distance. The imanifold which uses zigbee wireless protocol even has repeaters and zigbee wireless has far superior range Than blue tooth, maybe except blue tooth 5.0/5.1 which no manufacturer has upgraded to for some odd reason.
    I do completely agree it's stupid to have to use the digital manifold with wireless Probes. Fieldpiece used almost process with their tools before their joblink probes which also work with their I'm an manifold.

Just curious about then yjack because it's new and I'm a tool whore or border! Lol

4. Likes N2fords liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I hear ya my friend i am the same way. I am constantly buying tools sometimes when i really do not need them. I just have a feeling that it might be better or i might like it more then the one i currently use. But that is not always the case. But for me yellowjacket seems stuck in the stone age with some of there products. Now before you say anything i love yellow jacket and i use some of there tools but some of the things they come out with...... this for example fieldpiece and testo and sporlan or imanifold and numerous other companies have already surpassed. Seems like sometimes they come up with something they think is super new and innovative meanwhile other companies have done the same thing or better for years prior. There digital manifold that they released last year or the year before is the coolest thing they came to the table with in years. Just baffles me sometimes.

Post Likes
    I agree about yellow jackets technology innovations of their new product. The YJACK series is leaps and bounds ahead of any other of their.current products.
    It seems YJ IS definitely not as into deploying newer technology until other have proven to in worth the money in R&D and sales forcasts.
    I'm surprised YJ hasn't come out with a competitor to the accutools trublu evacuation hoses/kits. The tools they do sell are made well but lack the presence of changes technology. I like their r410a flaring tool and the mini split digital torque wrench( haven't tried any other brand through).

Their new digital manifolds do seem like the most exciting products they have released as of now but the battery life, thermocouple pipe clamp temp sensor, and integrated manifold just don't do it for me.

I still have the yellow jacket digital refrigerant system analyzer. Basically a color digicool. I got it new for $240 so I figure why not. They work great but battery life is garbage and no more updates available for it.

I'm can hoping that fieldpiece or test release a blue tooth repeater and/or upgrade to bluetooth 5.0. I know fieldpiece is releasing job link probe nanometers but then (4) test 510i work quite well and I like my older test 510 nanometers. I just have the field piece animated for the pressure switch tester although I do have Fieldpiece DDSM1 Draft Simulatorsome I don't know what I bought the nanometers with the built in pump. I mainly use it for setting pressure on ESP universal pressure switches when I'm in a jam and use them as a temp repair part.

I'll stop my ranting! Lol

Post Likes
    I have the CPS Blackmax flaring tool and digital torque wrench I like them both. Honestly the yellow jacket and blackmax flaring tool look almost identical. Even the cases are the same except for the colour. That being said i think its safe to say that they are made by the same company. Even the digital torque wrenches look almost the same. They are a little bit different but not alot.

Post Likes
    I agree, this is not much of a "solution", and I too love YJ tools. As a former P51-870 user, which I can say is a fantastic digi manifold, but sadly, has less functionality than the newest batch of manifolds. I like to have a common screen to look at when doing resi ac, so the FP x80 series fixed that complaint, I now have no need to have a phone and fumble around with it. Everything all on one device, scale, psychros, temps and pressures. The FP probes work for refrigeration without the need to hook up a manifold, plus the wireless probes can be used with the Sman X80 series, too.
    YJ just doesn't come close to that real time functionality.

Post Likes
    I just noticed there isn't a YJ section on H talk anymore