Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Perhaps you might want to bring in an engineer to do your load calc and design.
    I thought of that, coming from a family of engineers but for some reason this entire process has been plagues with bad engineering.. From the large well established firm that did the drainage and detention plan, required for lots over 15,000 s/f, Harris Co. Houston, in effect after Hurricane Harvey, that too almost 6 months to get their plans approve by permitting. This was not the fault of Permitting Dept. I read all the comments and replies and went over all the drawing. Comments were made by permitting that the firm failed to respond to, and then reflect on the drawing for resubmitting. Same original comments, answer 2, show 1 on drawing, resubmitted. There were no additional comments from the permitting dept, the engineering firm just did not complete the entire gob in one go round. Rinse and repeat for over 5 more months for 6 submittals. Also the plans were sent to another engineering firm to do structural and that has contributed to this HVAC problem, as no one thought to include in the design or structure, despite repeated oral and written direction from me to include this, asking where everything was going to go. I looked forward to doing this, making a place for my adult children to come with their families.

2. Likes beenthere liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    You might want to get the plans signed off by the Mayor. We looked at a job on XXXX North Blvd, but it's in the historic district, it was next to impossible to do anything to that home, could not do anything on the outside, we spent days over there trying to figure out the a/c on it. Had 2 systems in the basement and one on the 3rd floor, I know you probably know the home I'm talking about, it's probably still under construction. We finally gave up, the money was beyond great, problem was, the job was impossible to do.
    Mr. Bill, I believe I my reply to 'been there" might apply to your comment as well. My house in not in the Historic District but is on the Natl Historic Register. So far the working with the city has been a breeze.

Post Likes
    News. I have the model number.

Model no. 4TXCB003DS3HCAA
    Serial no. 201123DJ5G
    mfg 3/2020
    suitable for Mobile use
    Design PSI 480

In googling it comes up with this https://www.gemaire.com/american-sta...specifications. This says American Standard and that it is a Heat Pump. I know AS and Trane are cousins.

I also find https://www.trane.com/content/dam/Tr...N_07012017.pdf.

So am I correct in that this is a HeatPump?

I had someone go look as it appears it is partially installed, no stairs yet. So she crawled up to take a picture of the label. Should there be a second piece up there? She's going back up as I didn't see any logo for Trane.

We have already had 3 days of record high temp and humidity, it is sub tropical here. When I was there Thursday it was 92 and humidity was horrible.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1584 View Post
    News. I have the model number.

Model no. 4TXCB003DS3HCAA
    Serial no. 201123DJ5G
    mfg 3/2020
    suitable for Mobile use
    Design PSI 480

In googling it comes up with this https://www.gemaire.com/american-sta...specifications. This says American Standard and that it is a Heat Pump. I know AS and Trane are cousins.

I also find https://www.trane.com/content/dam/Tr...N_07012017.pdf.

So am I correct in that this is a HeatPump?

I had someone go look as it appears it is partially installed, no stairs yet. So she crawled up to take a picture of the label. Should there be a second piece up there? She's going back up as I didn't see any logo for Trane.

We have already had 3 days of record high temp and humidity, it is sub tropical here. When I was there Thursday it was 92 and humidity was horrible.
    So 2 days ago this was a new build and were discussing the importance of the installing contractor and Manual "J" Sizing and now the equipment is on site!

They sure are moving fast.

As far as I can tell yes that's a 3-Ton Heat Pump. Again 2 - 3 times the size needed for new construction.

Post Likes
    emailed you

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    So 2 days ago this was a new build and were discussing the importance of the installing contractor and Manual "J" Sizing and now the equipment is on site!

They sure are moving fast.

As far as I can tell yes that's a 3-Ton Heat Pump. Again 2 - 3 times the size needed for new construction.
    I haven't been there in over a month, had sinus infection due to the rain of pollen here in Houston and now social distancing, last time I saw it they were pouring the slab and I was asking what do I need to decide on,

Post Likes
    I haven't been there in over a month, had sinus infection due to the rain of pollen here in Houston and now social distancing, last time I saw it they were pouring the slab and I was asking what do I need to decide on,
    Unfortunately you need to get a Manual "J" Performed ASAP.

Contact dan sw fl and get the information he requested in post #3.

Do you at least have electronic copies of the construction plans?

Post Likes

yep, I am doing that now. I am relieved there is a forum such as this with people willing to help. That is encouraging. What is so discouraging is I really researched, interviewed, got recommendations for everything and everyone. I am learning fast that sometimes you are told what you want to hear. Flat out I have been told it is not a heat pump twice, that it is a gas furnace. Either my builder hasn't seen it yet and is getting his information from the contractor, or... and I really don't want to go there. I just can't help think if my husband was still here if the situation would be the same.

Post Likes

PRELIMINARY Equipment Options

The coil is not Exactly what I had anticipated.
    Although 3.5 sq feet coil area IS TOO Large,
    a valid AHRI # actually exists, which is 8931678 paired with a 4TWR 4018 condensing unit.

ATTACHMENT
    ___ TOPSS Spec

__ 1.5 Ton Heat Pump
    __ 55.7'F / 53.6'F Leaving Coil Temperature leaves A LOT TO BE DESIRED given the Houston TX environment.

__ 560 CFM /3.5 sq ft = A near Minimum 160 FPM
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    a valid AHRI # actually exists, which is 8931678 paired with a 4TWR 4018 condensing unit.

ATTACHMENT
    ___ TOPSS Spec

__ 1.5 Ton Heat Pump
    __ 55.7'F / 53.6'F Leaving Coil Temperature leaves A LOT TO BE DESIRED given the Houston TX environment.

Dan

Would you accept this combination for such a small new build?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post

ATTACHMENT
    ___ TOPSS Spec

__ 1.5 Ton Heat Pump

Thanks Dan, I am sure the community understands all this, it is all Greek to me.

Post Likes
    I shall investigate. Thank you.
    The S8B1A026M2 ? output is 20800BTU. I’m reading it that the 3 ton cased coil is mounted already, if so doubt this furnace ( BTU rating ) would be a AHRI match to the coil model number you mentioned.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 03-28-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ebierley View Post
    Trane does have a 26kbtu 80% furnace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    S8B1A026M2 and S8X1 series
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 03-28-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast