Post Likes

FAHU and COVID-19

Do you think that the FAHU has any role to spread the covid 19. the virus lives in air , so there is chance to spread the covid through the fresh air distribution. what you think...

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    that is related to the ac cleaning or ac working. but FAHU operation is different. take outside air and distribute to every location of the building....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moideen View Post
    that is related to the ac cleaning or ac working. but FAHU operation is different. take outside air and distribute to every location of the building....
    Covid-19 can live on cardboard materials up to 24hrs, stainless steel 48 hrs and plastic up to 3 days. I highly doubt if covid-19 moved through air duct system it would survive long enough to infect someone. There would also have to be a large amount of it airborne through the duct system .

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...075120328.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moideen View Post
    So if you're speaking of make-up air through the duct system I'd say NO unless someone who's infected is coughing within 10' of that make-up entrance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoRUN View Post
    Covid-19 can live on cardboard materials up to 24hrs, stainless steel 48 hrs and plastic up to 3 days. I highly doubt if covid-19 moved through air duct system it would survive long enough to infect someone. There would also have to be a large amount of it airborne through the duct system .

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...075120328.html
    yes, it is critical. this is reason ,in idaia, there is instruction from govt to shut down AC in malls. CAN YOU COPY PAST THE CONTENT FROM AL JAZEERA, because it cannot open here in UAE. FAHU will be more critical

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    So if you're speaking of make-up air through the duct system I'd say NO unless someone who's infected is coughing within 10' of that make-up entrance.
    yes that is also to be considered. but we dont know the condition of the air when the spreading is rampant..

Post Likes
    The virus can only stay suspended in the air for a short period of time due to gravity pulling the vapor droplets down to the surrounding surfaces.

9. Likes moideen liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I thought I read somewhere that they suspect that there is virtually no airborne transmission. If you don't get droplets on you, or touch them on a surface, you are basically good.
    -"There always seems to be enough money to do it right the second time"

Post Likes
    That's what they thought early on.

There's a reason they came up with "social distancing".

Quote Originally Posted by samgevas View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that they suspect that there is virtually no airborne transmission. If you don't get droplets on you, or touch them on a surface, you are basically good.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.