+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dixell control XR06CX question

Post Likes

Dixell control XR06CX question

Today i was working on a walk in freezer. I noticed the 2 evap fans would run for 1 minute then off for 1 minute. It could continue on that timed sequence. My internet sucked and could not pull up the manual. I figured maybe the control is set wrong. So i attached the manual pdf. I see ther is an option "FS" = fan stop. It says on page 2 under the section for Fans. So i am guessing this is the fan delay setting. Usually a bimetal type fixed at 32 degrees obviously to freeze moisture onto the coil before kicking on the fans. This will make sense after reading the manual. I think the temp was set for 15 degrees or something like that. This will make sense the fans kicks on the supply air raises up to box temp about 28 degrees then boom fans kick off. Coil starts to freeze then fans kick on. I will go back and try to adjust before condeming the control.

https://www.unicef.org/supply/files/...controller.pdf
    Sent from a mechanical closet!

Post Likes
    HoHoHo. I just went thru years of having collected Dixell literature and put that literature in numerical order. I am just starting to study this massive amount of info and this seems CRAZY to be considered an advancement in technology and a superior way to control freezer/refrigerators. Some of their controls(and this one) have DOZENS & DOZENS of settings and fault codes which boggle the mind. JHC, who "knows" all of this stuff ?, not me,not yet, I'm just starting. So at the moment I'm just another ignorant fool,but I'm willing to learn , I think, I hope and Pray. LOL.

Post Likes
    So, I guess I'll be looking for some Factory TechSup later today as long as they are available and willing and able to connect with my feeble brain. I'll let you know what I find out. Good Luck to you,and me and everyone else.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    HoHoHo. I just went thru years of having collected Dixell literature and put that literature in numerical order. I am just starting to study this massive amount of info and this seems CRAZY to be considered an advancement in technology and a superior way to control freezer/refrigerators. Some of their controls(and this one) have DOZENS & DOZENS of settings and fault codes which boggle the mind. JHC, who "knows" all of this stuff ?, not me,not yet, I'm just starting. So at the moment I'm just another ignorant fool,but I'm willing to learn , I think, I hope and Pray. LOL.
    For sure so many setting leaving it universal and able to tweak many different settings.

Post Likes
    So, I guess I'll be looking for some Factory TechSup later today as long as they are available and willing and able to connect with my feeble brain. I'll let you know what I find out. Good Luck to you,and me and everyone else.
    I think after reading the manual it makes sense. But I’m always open for more information/ confirmation.
    Besides that I am in Miami,Fl. I see your in New York. How’s the coronavirus over there? On the news it looks like New York is by far the most cases. Hope your not in the concentrated area???

Post Likes
    Are you up at this hour studying????? I am !

I am 1 hour east of NYC on Long Island.

Post Likes
    Just this past Sunday I used my 4 year old truck stock of a Dixell Universal 115v control which made me realize my lack of knowledge on these things. Today I had "curb side only delivery" from Sid's of a replacement 115v control and I added a 230v control to my truck stock. Lordy, Lordy have mercy.

Part # XR60CX-4N1F1-UR(115v)
    Part# XR60CX-5N1F1-UR(230v)

Post Likes
    The FS ( Fan Stop ) setting is a safety feature.
    On a mechanical setup your FDTS ( Fan Delay Termination Switch ) will do the same thing, typically around 55°f.
    Your electronic controller which uses thermistors ( one in coil one for ambient ) will sense coil temperature to determine when fans should come on ( coming out of defrost ) or when to shut off ( rise in temperature above setting ).
    Note that the control will shutoff the fans in a defrost mode as well.

If the control parameters are set properly then I'd be looking for a system problem. Possibly low on refrigerant / starving TEV etc.
    This could cause the coil to not reach a proper temperature and creating the cycling you've witnessed.

Post Likes
    Its more than likely the Fan Delay sensor going bad

I assume you made sure the sight glass is clear

Post Likes
    Verify the refrigerant charge before you start changing controls
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    All I have on Dixell
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Maybe I'll take a bike(pedal) ride over to the Weiss/Dixell Factory which is about 2 miles from here in Holtsville,NY. I'll even talk to a Janitor,lol.

Dixell has a 41 pg "Electronic Control Handbook" from September 2000.

Post Likes
    Can someone justify the cost difference between a Dixell controller over a A12-701 on a refrigerator?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Can someone justify the cost difference between a Dixell controller over a A12-701 on a refrigerator?
    Nope no justification for a cooler. All that's needed is off cycle defrost.
    Yet you see manufacturers using these electronic controls on simple appreciations only to create additional service issues down the road.
    Mostly with the premature sensor failures.

Post Likes
    I have no issue replacing like for like but when the see what its going to cost
    Twice the price of an A12

Post Likes
    I had a one door TurboAir freezer that the control was gonna be almost twice that amount.
    They still haven't done anything to fix it.

Post Likes
    After doing some perusing I decided that for now and the foreseeable future I will concentrate only on the Universal-R and the Universal-XR series of controllers. So for the moment I put all other (OEM, non R/XR) Dixell in a different binder. Life looks brighter and easier all of a sudden,LOL.

Post Likes
    Johnson has a Dixell style controller new on the market. I'm not sure if it for sale yet
    http://penncontrols.com/products/tem...rols/tc-series
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Are you up at this hour studying????? I am !

I am 1 hour east of NYC on Long Island.
    I just seen this reply along with the others. Yea man for sure. I enjoy learning something new in this trade. It gives me a sense of accomplishment.
    👍🏻

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    The FS ( Fan Stop ) setting is a safety feature.
    On a mechanical setup your FDTS ( Fan Delay Termination Switch ) will do the same thing, typically around 55°f.
    Your electronic controller which uses thermistors ( one in coil one for ambient ) will sense coil temperature to determine when fans should come on ( coming out of defrost ) or when to shut off ( rise in temperature above setting ).
    Note that the control will shutoff the fans in a defrost mode as well.

If the control parameters are set properly then I'd be looking for a system problem. Possibly low on refrigerant / starving TEV etc.
    This could cause the coil to not reach a proper temperature and creating the cycling you've witnessed.
    Totally agree with you. But I confirmed all out that. I tested with my meter and seen the control will stop outputting the evap fan signal. Also on the display I noticed the fan symbol will go away as if something is telling the control to stop the fan. My coil thermistor was reading 16 degrees so I know the coil temp is below freezing according to the controller. In reality that setting should have been up at 32 degrees. But I did not have the manual to know what fs meant and change the parameter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in