Post Likes

Question JACE-8000 MAC Address (Manufacturer OUI)

Howdy!

I'm helping a client do some site discovery where documentation is less than ideal. They're on the IT side, so they can't use workbench. Most, if not all, Tridium JACEs should present on the Ethernet network with the IOU of 00-01-f0 (the first three octets of the MAC address). They have this registered with the IEEE and I have personally verified it with a JACE-600 model, but I want to be thorough and I sadly do not have any of these sexy new JACEs lying around.

Could anyone please confirm the first few octets of a JACE-8000 they have? It is probably not written on the device, you usually have to identify it electronically. It's kind of complicated so I'll just trust that some of you will know!

Thank you!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mscheffel View Post
    Howdy!

I'm helping a client do some site discovery where documentation is less than ideal. They're on the IT side, so they can't use workbench. Most, if not all, Tridium JACEs should present on the Ethernet network with the IOU of 00-01-f0 (the first three octets of the MAC address). They have this registered with the IEEE and I have personally verified it with a JACE-600 model, but I want to be thorough and I sadly do not have any of these sexy new JACEs lying around.

Could anyone please confirm the first few octets of a JACE-8000 they have? It is probably not written on the device, you usually have to identify it electronically. It's kind of complicated so I'll just trust that some of you will know!

Thank you!
    It will vary.
    Just off a short list here I have:
    A8:1B:6A
    50:F1:4A
    50:65:83
    58:7A:62
    50:72:24
    60:64:05
    98:5D:AD
    98:84:E3

The SoC is from Texas Instruments, so that's what it will show up under. They have hundreds of blocks available.
    Last edited by digo; 03-24-2020 at 08:38 PM.

3. Likes mscheffel liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you very much! I didn't expect a reply so quickly

Post Likes
    That's interesting, I remember looking into this last year when I had to get this to an IT person and remember thinking it odd Tridium didn't have a specific MAC vendor. Wonder why they never got their act together for that?

Post Likes
    Dollars and cents I guess... The JACE-700 had dual gigabit ports, then they went with dual 100Mbit ports on the JACE-8000 because... probably cheaper.
    The Sitara processor (ARM Cortex A8) in a JACE-8000 goes for like less than $5 ea @1K units (Introduced in 2005, think iPad 1st gen).
    So basically they rely on a third party for the whole SoC, less headaches developing custom hardware.