+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Controls Technician Wanted - Tampa, FL

Post Likes

Controls Technician Wanted - Tampa, FL

Controls Technician wanted in Tampa, FL will relocate the right candidate.

Please contact me to be sure your resume is forward to a hiring manager, Brent @ QBC, bsondgerath@qbctampa.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

QBC joins Albireo Energy

https://www.albireoenergy.com/qualit...lbireo-energy/

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...hics-Eng-Sales

Post Likes
    cannot find hourly wages in your links

what is the highest to be paid for this position?

thank you.

3. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Pay rate is based on experience, if you are interested in a Controls position please Email your resume to me directly, bsondgerath@qbctampa.com. Thank you.

Post Likes
    I asked for highest paid, not what is based on experience

since you dont post it, its not a company i would waste any time sending a resume to.

It would be prudent to remember who needs who.

good luck

6. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Dislikes ok2sendme disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
    I asked for highest paid, not what is based on experience

since you dont post it, its not a company i would waste any time sending a resume to.

good luck

Hmmm, so without you, the OP's company is going to have to close its doors?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    🤔

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Certainly not, but that company will find it increasingly difficult to live up to their mission statement

c/p
    "Albireo Energy provides smart building solutions to commercial and institutional buildings nationally. Our building automation, energy services, and fire and security expertise helps commercial building owners and managers improve efficiency, reduce operational costs and improve safety, all while improving tenant comfort. Through our team of industry leading professionals, Albireo Energy provides exceptional solutions to data centers, labs, military installations, hospitals and other commercial and institutional sectors."

I am merely trying help them to fulfill that statement.

Post Likes
    Certainly not, but that company will find it increasingly difficult to live up to their mission statement

c/p
    "Albireo Energy provides smart building solutions to commercial and institutional buildings nationally. Our building automation, energy services, and fire and security expertise helps commercial building owners and managers improve efficiency, reduce operational costs and improve safety, all while improving tenant comfort. Through our team of industry leading professionals, Albireo Energy provides exceptional solutions to data centers, labs, military installations, hospitals and other commercial and institutional sectors."

I am merely trying help them to fulfill that statement.
    Not displaying or revealing what their top rate is until they interview people, isn't going to hurt them from fulfilling that statement.

Post Likes
    It just did.

Post Likes
    It just did.
    Nah.

Post Likes
    So as it stands currently, the score is 0 to 1

Post Likes
    I am reminded of a Mechanical Customer who told me the story of an interview, the Applicant asked do you have benefits ? The Mechanical Owner answered the young man with a question, are you interested in a job or in benefits ? Let's see how well you do with the job and we'll discuss benefits after 90 days.

Years ago, before QBC or Albireo Energy, I am reminded of an Applicant for a Helper position asked, "do your Trucks have AC ?" LOL

I personally do not need to know what the maximum pay rate for my position is, nor do I care necessarily. If I am a Leading Professional in my industry, have a good attitude, help others, among other excellent leading qualities of a service and solutions provider; Then one can absolutely expect to be compensated at the current going rate for that position, in some cases, more is always possible.

I look at it like this for private companies, the amount of money you make is between you and your Employer or your Hiring Manager. It is not always like that in Larger Corporations or Government.

I understand comparing hourly rates or salary is common practice for some, but how much money you make is really no ones business but your own and does not need posted everywhere.

Viewing every one as a circle and pushing us through a square is not realistic, however it happens. We are all different and for the same job position in many cases, we should all make a different rate, because we are different.

In the HVAC Controls industry I see those of use us who bring information and new Technologies home to learn and grow, reach out to find good help and I see those who show up, apply themselves only as far as 8 hours. We have all seen people in varies trades, they show up, forget everything they did yesterday, complain all day about how they don't make enough, slam the truck 15 minutes early before clock out and that is what they do every day; Many times that is how they live their lives and they have no idea there is so much more to life.

The more you put in, the more you grow, the more you can expect your pay to increase. When one thinks about pay, consider the fact you can only make as much as Client is willing to pay for the service(s), there is a cap or limitation to everything. There will always be less or more, many times the more you make, the more you spend; Easy come, easy go. Life is not all about money, sure money makes it easy to live, however happiness is priceless and sometimes less is more.

Schools are teaching this now, follow your passions, your dreams and the money will follow. I have seen some cases where people adjust their lifestyle because of their passion of a job that does not pay great, they are happier and at the same time I see people hate their job because they make it all about the money; It's hard to work with them, they always want more, complain, just takes away the fun work can truly be. We live everyday for tomorrow, but we know there is no guarantee, we need to make it happen today.

A relationship between an Employer and an Employee should be a symbiotic relationship, as with varies Teams in service and contracting, as well as with many other types of relationships in our lives. If one is always taking and demanding on a single side, then the relationship fizzles.

Post Likes
    I will get a random call or emailed from a headhunter looking for someone to fill a position in a different state. Cost of living is a factor when it comes to salary. Many are only looking for a short term contract. Others claim it can lead into long term employment.

If there is one thing I learned quite well is many techs claim to be the best of the best when hired. Their performance in the field is a completely different story.

I was impressed by the interviewer who I met. He was also in charge of the commercial division. Right off the bat he said, I don’t care what your resume says, if you cannot prove it in the field it all means nothing!

The rest of the interview turned in picking my brain with different scenarios and how I would solve the problem. What would I expect to see for pressures on a 50 degree day For r-22. What should my subcool and superheat be. Then the same for R-410a at 90 degree day.

Then low voltage wiring, high voltage into 3 phase troubleshooting. He got a really good feel about my knowledge. Do you have all your own tools and equipment? I had everything under the sun. You would be surprised how many people do not.

It went very well. I was informed at the end they prefer honesty because they will teach you what you need to know in the field. They don’t want anyone to feel alone or guess what the problem is.

There was a bit of hazing because you are the new guy. Some feel threatened when you find the problem they did not. I turned it into an opportunity to show them how I found the problem to build trust and respect. It took time to learn each other’s personalities.

There is a small handful that do watch the clock for Beer O clock, lol. They are only used for the basic PMs, Cleanings, parts replacement and installs with a lower salary.

The salary really depends on what you can do. In summary and I was told this by my Uncle a very long time ago who is a Master Electrician “ Don’t tell me what you can do! Show me what you can do!”

Post Likes
    Love the story telling

I asked a simple question, when the rubber hits the pavement, the "lifestyle" rubbish, always comes out

I thought when I read through those short stories, I would read something I have not read or heard before, wishful thinking, same old same old

Companies that want to impress to get the best, dont hide behind the same old mantra of 'based on' or 'depending on'

before the probation period ends, you can let go of the fakers......

Like I said before, good luck.

Post Likes
    Suggestion: there us a controls jobs forum. You may want to post this there.
    Some of the controls guys tend to go there and not hang around the rest of the site as many are not mechanical guys, or it is not pertinent to what they are doing.
    You will get fewer eyes on the post, but more of them will be the sort of eyes you want on it.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ok2sendme View Post
    A relationship between an Employer and an Employee should be a symbiotic relationship, as with varies Teams in service and contracting, as well as with many other types of relationships in our lives. If one is always taking and demanding on a single side, then the relationship fizzles.
    Basically this. Except that there's demanding and taking on both ends going on where I'm at. New management who thinks they have the cure to cancer and want to restructure the entire company while disregarding any input people have, and techs that complain about the most mundane things via company wide emails and are always demanding more, first world problem type stuff. The owner sold the company to a large corporation a few years ago, so I guess that was to be expected. The transition from having a name to slowly becoming a number is an interesting experience to say the least.

Not that this has anything to do with controls, but I guess here's a free bump for your thread

Post Likes
    You might also need the service of some commercial electrician to check on your system and can address on emergency calls.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in