Post Likes

WHY were we (the USA) not as prepared as we could have been...

Yes, this is gonna be a subjective discussion...
    And there are probably gonna be a lot of political overtones...

The point of the thread... is to list links of things polecats did... which did or did not prepare the USA for this CVD19 pandemic...
    Things like the article in another thread stating that after H1N1... that BHO stopped the replenishment of N95 masks in the govt stockpile...

We need to get a larger picture of what our govt is and is not doing... based on documentable and verifiable facts (not BS, not fake news, no lies, no hearsay)...

So we can figure out which polecats are fixing things and which polecats are to blame...

Makes it easier to choose in the fall!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Can't blame anyone for something completely unforseen. It helps no one playing the Democrats game.

Post Likes
    My point is to expose the DIM game...

Like Trump did with NY state govr Cuome...
    Cuomo complained he was not getting enough ventilators...
    Trump produced a document where Cuomo was offered bunches of ventilators a few years ago... at a good price... and refused to buy them.

Point is... Cuomo was trying to blame Trump for Cuomo's BS...

Again... point of the thread is to expose the BS polecats do...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Having masks is a total waste of time , unless you have allergies , or want to keep dust out

If people think it will keep viruses out .... you might as well go ahead and write your Will

I bet they will have extra ventilators though for the next time we get caught with our pants down .....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Having masks is a total waste of time , unless you have allergies , or want to keep dust out

If people think it will keep viruses out .... you might as well go ahead and write your Will

I bet they will have extra ventilators though for the next time we get caught with our pants down .....
    They're not a waste of time if they help people emotionally thru the panic.

As far as the topic of the thread, why would today's politicians be proactive rather than reactive? There's no benefit in it for them. Narcissists believe they are invincible and untouchable. A virus would never affect them...and if it did, they have the best health care in the world.
    It's not fair to everybody for them to be proactive, ie the housing crash. Had they not pressured banks to write high risk loans, the crash would have never happened. You can't make responsible decisions when you attempt to be everything to everyone. Decisions should be made for the greater good. All men are created equal. The results of what they do with that equality throughout their lifetime should be on them.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

6. Likes Mimbler, Tool-Slinger, crazzycajun liked this post.
    Post Likes
    OTOH, masks can be dangerous if they enable a false feeling of safety and consequent risky behavior.

N95 masks remove 95% of particles that are 0.3 microns in diamater. That's nearly HEPA quality.
    CV virions are smaller than this, but this doesn't mean they can pass freely through the mask. Many surgical masks can block 80% of CV virions. Other masks can block more.

Also, most virions floating around in the air are enclosed in droplets of water and saliva and mucus. These droplets do not pass through most masks.

So what happens when they dry out? Um, well, hm....

For more on this, see
    Can Masks Protect People from The Coronavirus?
    https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...surgical-mask/
    Last edited by Space Racer; 03-25-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

8. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If you look in the "i'm from Wuhan China" thread, Dad has a article about where the virus came from. Believe it or not Obama's hands are dirty on that one. Then add to that his not restocking the national medical stockpile.

Can you spell conspiracy theory?

10. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    https://youtu.be/65SpH3rDgZE
    we are in bad times of pollution and environmental disaster.
    OOOPS!Try again!Well done!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    If you look in the "i'm from Wuhan China" thread, Dad has a article about where the virus came from. Believe it or not Obama's hands are dirty on that one. Then add to that his not restocking the national medical stockpile.

Can you spell conspiracy theory?
    Did Obama infect the bat... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Oprah/Greta 2020

Post Likes
    My Wife works for the 20th largest hospital in the country. One would think that a major health system such as theirs would have a plan for a pandemic....well, they didn't and they don't. I suspect its like that in most hospitals if not all. Now that is phuk dup!