Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    So, you prefer Hillary.
    In my case, no. I voted for Trump and I likely will again.

But that does not mean that I don't see Trump for what he is, master of the economy though he may be.

Trump is an idiot.

By that, I don't mean that he is stupid. Simply that he chooses to speak about subjects in which it is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that he has NO CLUE. How many times have we seen that in just the last week for cripes sakes? A doctor had to interrupt Mr. Trump DURING A NATIONAL NEWS CONFERENCE to say, no, Mr. President. The Flu does NOT cause more deaths than Covid-19.

If I were that man, I would have followed up with; by the way Mr. President, where do you come up with this utter crap? I mean, it's not like this is an unusual occurrence as many, many times it will occur multiple times in a SINGLE day!

Then in the greatest of irony, he will turn around and complain about 'fake news'. LOL!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, the mouth of Donald Trump is the NUMBER ONE GENERATOR of fake news currently on the planet!!

Trump is disgusting as a human being to me, but I would still vote for him over any apparently available dem at the moment.

That DOES NOT mean that I even think he is a good president. In fact, in my mind he is a terrible president. And a worse human being.

I'm not sure how any rational adult could think differently to be honest.
    Last edited by scrogdog; 03-25-2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Typos
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

2. Likes garyed liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Well , if you had money in the market ( before the abrupt crash )
    or had to buy fuel to run a service fleet or live near a hostile border or yada yada you might just not have a problem with him.
    Of course they'll say he had nothing to do with it but it sure is suspicious that whilst he's been in office were all witnessing this.

Post Likes

COVID-19 Surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post

But that does not mean that I don't see Trump for what he is, master of the economy though he may be.

Trump is an idiot.

By that, I don't mean that he is stupid. Simply that he chooses to speak about subjects in which it is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that he has NO CLUE. How many times have we seen that in just the last week for cripes sakes? A doctor had to interrupt Mr. Trump DURING A NATIONAL NEWS CONFERENCE to say, no, Mr. President. The Flu does NOT cause more deaths than Covid-19.

If I were that man, I would have followed up with; by the way Mr. President, where do you come up with this utter crap? I mean, it's not like this is an unusual occurrence as many, many times it will occur multiple times in a SINGLE day!

Then in the greatest of irony, he will turn around and complain about 'fake news'. LOL!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, the mouth of Donald Trump is the NUMBER ONE GENERATOR of fake news currently on the planet!!

Trump is disgusting as a human being to me, but I would still vote for him over any apparently available dem at the moment.

That DOES NOT mean that I even think he is a good president. In fact, in my mind he is a terrible president. And a worse human being.

Couldn’t Agree more Scrog. Actually if anything, you are being too kind to him. But, alas what alternative are we left with, especially if you’re a white male, otherwise known as public enemy number one to most dems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes scrogdog liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You know, I remember thinking back when I first considered Trump as a real candidate. I thought to myself, well, he's got one thing going for him; no one can lie as much as Hillary! Well, expect maybe Bill.

Do I still think that? Yes. And no.

Let's say I could wave my magic wand and put Hillary on the stand with an injection or three of truth serum. I'd bet she confesses to a whole lot of lies! But there's the thing; she doesn't 'act' delusional, as Trump does. She would at least KNOW that her lies were lies!

If I did the same with Trump, my guess is that Trump would believe that he rarely lied. He would be telling the truth to say that it I believe. HOWEVER, that would also mean that he believes that stuff that he just makes up on a whim in his head is the honest truth, rather than the misinformation that it is.

Think of it, a man who takes credit for EVERYTHING whether he had a hand in it or not, and also in his own words, does not take responsibility for anything. Everything bad can only be because of a giant conspiracy against him.

To me, these are the acts of a delusional man. And let's be clear; such a man is not simply a fool, he is a dangerous fool.

Now, it may be that I have cause to regret my support of this Megalomaniac demagogue of a man at some point down the line. He's scary, simply put.

But right now, like you, I don't see much choice. That's disturbing in its own right.

*sigh* - The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

7. Likes davidadavis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Sooner or later, everyone will be exposed to it. Just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    It would be one giant mess...but before it's over we will have to have close to a total lockdown... people are just spreading this stuff to each other and disobeying the orders of staying away from each other

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

9. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Where does this come from? A low stat number for flu deaths is something like 30,000, it can and does get much higher. Yet the Chinese virus has killed less than a 1,000. All state side numbers.

Maybe you mis-spoke?

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post

Trump is an idiot.

11. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yep once everyone is exposed the virus will have no new host.

Post Likes
    Have to see the video but I would say the doctor had to interrupt trump and correct him on the fact that the mortality rate for covid is higher than the flu.

Again... have to see the interaction...
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Oprah/Greta 2020

Post Likes
    Maybe the problem has to do with morbidity vs mortality.

Post Likes
    It all depends on what you are talking about.

The Flu has more exposure and more deaths than CV-19 but as a percentage CV-19 is higher. So if you are talking "deaths" the flu is higher if you are talking "death rate" the CV-19 is higher.

See, this is how fake news works. Trump says there are more deaths with the flu, then they quote Fuici (sp) and he says the rate is higher with CV-19. They are both right but it makes Trump look wrong.

16. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    How do we know that death rate is correct without knowing the real number of cases ?
    Same could go for the flu.
    Simply, as an example, I actually could test positive but don't go and get checked. I get over it and nobody knows.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    How do we know that death rate is correct without knowing the real number of cases ?
    Same could go for the flu.
    83% of statics are made up on the spot so what difference does it make?

Post Likes
    The problem with getting an accurate death rate for cv19 is that, from the data thus far, is that a large majority of people who have/get it, have no signs or symptoms. So we will never know they are a positive test for this.

Can this be said for the flu? I don’t know? Is it possible to have a positive flu test but have no signs or symptoms? I don’t know.

They were talking about the nba players. Of the 11 positive test only 2 showed signs of being sick. (Numbers May have changed since I heard that). So do we expand those numbers to the public? Are nba guys who are in shape outliers? Idk!

Yes I also think the flu numbers are not correct either. If I get the flu, or the symptoms of it, unless I fell like im going to die I’m not going to the doctor, so I’m not going to get counted in the stats.

But my question is, can I have the flu and have no signs? That’s why I think a lot of these numbers for cv19 are out of balance regarding death rate. If we test all 330 million Americans to see how many test positive with no signs versus how many are positive with signs versus how many die we could have better data.

That’s all carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Likes VTP99, Tool-Slinger liked this post.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast