Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Oh fer cry eye.

Please tell us your conspiracy theory. Just come out and say it, man, don't beat around the bush!

Frankly, after years of ARP anti-science, I am LOVING it that your lives and the lives of your loved ones are in their hands. Poetic justice if there ever were such a thing!
    We aren't anti-science. We have a healthy skepticism of enviro science since leftists politics and large amounts of $ has become so intertwined.

Infectious disease research doesn't have this influence.

I'd be skeptical of any science that was embraced and funded by politics as much as enviro science is.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    ^^This

Even with all his problems, Trump is a far better choice than any of the absolute clowns the Dems are offering up.
    Thanks, K. I usually don't respond to posts like this, but frankly re-reading what I'd posted earlier got me to thinking. Mostly about the ARP response to what I'd said.

We all know what happens to people who wander in to ARP and, to paraphrase what I said earlier, speak about subjects in which they obviously have no clue.

They get torn to shreds. Just average people in everyday life.

However, when the same focus is put on Mr. Trump... he gets a pass. They twist, they turn, they squirm, to justify the same behavior from he who holds the highest office in the land and whose mission is to see us through crises.

How effing stupid is that, I ask you? lol

Like I said, the precise opposite of Trump Derangement Syndrome here for your viewing pleasure! Next behind the glass we have a real blade of grass! Move along; move along.

Come on see the show!

(A little ELP there for you youngsters)
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    We aren't anti-science. We have a healthy skepticism of enviro science since leftists politics and large amounts of $ has become so intertwined.

Infectious disease research doesn't have this influence.

I'd be skeptical of any science that was embraced and funded by politics as much as enviro science is.
    Yes you are. And you are totally misguided as to how science around the globe functions. I'm talking about both you and others on ARP - No offense.

Here's some liberal countries for you, I guess, by your standard. Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. Each of their country's scientists agree with climate change and human involvement when, if you think about it, they have every reason to lie.

But they don't lie, Brian. Instead they show more honesty then the GOP is capable of on the subject.

For example, Iran's official message to the UN on Climate Change basically says that they acknowledge the science and human involvement. Can you imagine? A country which I would have believed would not allow such a thing. A totalitarian government which would squash 'unfortunate' information. But they also say in that message that (paraphrased) 'don't expect us to do anything to wreck our economy because of this'.

That, Brian, is honesty. Quite refreshing in the face of weasel GOP bullcrap.
    Last edited by scrogdog; 03-26-2020 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Typo and clarity
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

4. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yes you are. And you are totally misguided as to how science around the globe functions. I'm talking about both you and others on ARP - No offense.

Here's some liberal countries for you, I guess, by your standard. Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. Each of their country's scientists agree with climate change and human involvement when, if you think about it, they have every reason to lie.

But they don't lie, Brian. Instead they show more honesty then the GOP is capable of on the subject.

For example, Iran's official message to the UN on Climate Change basically says that they acknowledge the science and human involvement. Can you imagine? A country which I would have believed would not allow such a thing. A totalitarian government which would squash 'unfortunate' information. But they also say in that message that (paraphrased) 'don't expect us to do anything to wreck our economy because of this'.

I also agree that man has effect on the environment. But I do not believe the doom and gloom the OPINIONS predict. They are opinions and most that should have come to fruition failed to.

You guys confuse the two. I doubt there is anyone on ARP that will say the environment isn't being effected by man's use of FF. And "we" have justifiable suspicions of what we need to do "or else".

Your accusations of the ARP usual suspects is based in distortions of our views. If I can be so bold to lump us all together.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

6. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    So, you prefer Hillary.
    At this point I I suspect she would have been better, but we will never know. I do understand the "lesser of two evil" reason for voting for Trump. But I also know that Trump is the king of smearing people, so I also know Hillary and Biden, heck, even GOP members like Romney are not as bad as he says they are.

8. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes

The anti-science in ARP is strong... not so much with the guys who go into details, as there are reasons to be skeptical of manmade climate change (at the very least to the extreme some forecast), coronavirus, and more.. but there are so many "lapdogs" in ARP who are obviously anti-science that get a pass because the majority of ARP are "on their side" and enjoy having the majority, regardless how anti-science those individual "lapdogs" may be.

10. Likes ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes

Also, to you last comment.... Let me ask you..... You put all your faith in science..... right? Science has shown(proven) to us how a massive USA recession causes massive suffering and the death of thousands around the world. Should we shut down the economy for a month? Two months? Which would likely save a few thousand around the world. But would likely cause a massive deep recession, kill ten fold and cause suffering of millions. Actually suffering of the vast majority of the world's population..... relatively speaking.

The problem with people who buy into the emotional arguments of the left is, they are shallow thinkers. Two dimensional thinkers . Can't think about the effects of their positions two or three reactions removed.

Understand? It's naive to believe the "golden age" we are presently in can't easily turn into the dark ages by a handful of stupid decisions that may sound good on an emotional level at the time. History can easily repeat itself. Why are we immune to it? You'd have to be a science denier to believe otherwise.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

12. Likes Tool-Slinger, coolwhip, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I also agree that man has effect on the environment. But I do not believe the doom and gloom the OPINIONS predict. They are opinions and most that should have come to fruition failed to.

You guys confuse the two. I doubt there is anyone on ARP that will say the environment isn't being effected by man's use of FF. And "we" have justifiable suspicions of what we need to do "or else".

Your accusations of the ARP usual suspects is based in distortions of our views. If I can be so bold to lump us all together.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Brian, there is only ONE WAY in which science involves predictions. That is when those predictions are tested by REPEATABLE experiment. Nothing else is science.

In the strict sense, this is how science retains procedure that goes beyond the human condition. It is how we keep opinion from influencing real science.

I don't confuse anything. It is you who confuses a scientist talking to a reporter with science. That article that I posted from the Washington Post? Not science.

I've tried to beat this in to your head for like a decade now. My question to you is, when do you get it?

I guess the answer at this point can only be never?

Name one time I have given you an opinion as science. One time. While doing so, please do not confuse MY opinion with science; something at which you are apparently an expert.

Confusing opinion with science is a wholly inaccurate way to approach the matter.
    Last edited by scrogdog; 03-26-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Post Likes
    Also, to you last comment.... Let me ask you..... You put all your faith in science..... right? Science has shown(proven) to us how a massive USA recession causes massive suffering and the death of thousands around the world. Should we shut down the economy for a month? Two months? Which would likely save a few thousand around the world. But would likely cause a massive deep recession, kill ten fold and cause suffering of millions. Actually suffering of the vast majority of the world's population..... relatively speaking.

The problem with people who buy into the emotional arguments of the left is, they are shallow thinkers. Two dimensional thinkers . Can't think about the effects of their positions two or three reactions removed.

Understand? It's naive to believe the "golden age" we are presently in can't easily turn into the dark ages by a handful of stupid decisions that may sound good on an emotional level at the time. History can easily repeat itself. Why are we immune to it? You'd have to be a science denier to believe otherwise.
    Science has proven this, have they?

Bud, science only proves things by accident while they do what science is meant to do. Explain things.

I await your white paper that show the repeatable experiments that lead to this peer reviewed conclusion. Let's see.

My god, man. You are off the pier.

Let me ask you this, Brian. Do you remember the first thing you learned about science in school? What was it?

All you are doing is showing exactly why the GOP can't be trusted with science concepts. Given that they don't understand the scientific method like AT ALL, what do you think observers of your false positions (at least with regards to valid science) should think of YOUR opinions?

This isn't rocket science. The scientific method is 7th grade material.
    Last edited by scrogdog; 03-26-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Post Likes
    Oh, one more thing, about the predictions.

I thought we had this hashed out the last time we discussed this a couple of months ago. Let's review;

Predictions of all types are based on one simple formula; "if things go on like this; then X will happen".

When such predictions are made, sometimes intelligent people heed them. Then, armed with ambition, ideas and tools, they make sure that things DO NOT go on like this.

This is a very great victory for science. Not the weakness you proclaim it to be.

As a matter of fact, I remember that post and the points I made were generally well received, including by yourself. You even liked the post.

But now, I take a couple of months off and come back to find that you are right back at it as if we never had that conversation at all.

Question: What's up with that? Should I consider your posts to be generally non-genuine from now on?

Post Likes
    Oh fer cry eye.

Please tell us your conspiracy theory. Just come out and say it, man, don't beat around the bush!

Frankly, after years of ARP anti-science, I am LOVING it that your lives and the lives of your loved ones are in their hands. Poetic justice if there ever were such a thing!
    Simple:

If you tell a lie enough times, and carefully craft it...
    People believe it!

It is no secret the majority of MsM hates Trump... and we know MsM has a problem with honesty or for that matter manufacturing fake news...

Really now Scrog...
    A guy as intelligent as you...
    Should not have any problems connecting the dots...
    Unless someone does not want to...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Thanks, K. I usually don't respond to posts like this, but frankly re-reading what I'd posted earlier got me to thinking. Mostly about the ARP response to what I'd said.

We all know what happens to people who wander in to ARP and, to paraphrase what I said earlier, speak about subjects in which they obviously have no clue.

They get torn to shreds. Just average people in everyday life.

However, when the same focus is put on Mr. Trump... he gets a pass. They twist, they turn, they squirm, to justify the same behavior from he who holds the highest office in the land and whose mission is to see us through crises.

How effing stupid is that, I ask you? lol

Like I said, the precise opposite of Trump Derangement Syndrome here for your viewing pleasure! Next behind the glass we have a real blade of grass! Move along; move along.

Come on see the show!

(A little ELP there for you youngsters)
    Specifically... what is 'having a clue'???

Ultimately... it is YOUR OPINION of what YOU THINK the sources YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE... says.

Now do not hide behind 'science'... as YOU are the one that chose which items to read and which items to believe...
    So what YOU believe was and is YOUR choice.

No way around that Scroggie... it ultimately comes down to:
    What YOU are saying... is YOUR opinion.

Sorry to be blunt...
    However making a 'god' of science...
    Is a game of denial...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    At this point I I suspect she would have been better, but we will never know. I do understand the "lesser of two evil" reason for voting for Trump. But I also know that Trump is the king of smearing people, so I also know Hillary and Biden, heck, even GOP members like Romney are not as bad as he says they are.
    You have no idea how badly Hillary would have destroyed your life...

Enjoy your naivete...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast