Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 86
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,738
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Forum talk? No sir, all too real. Actually just kind of getting stuff laid out. Not a ton of motivation today.

    Ironically, the port a potty here has 4 rolls of TP in it, lol. I won't dare steal one ��
    Yea, they have a dye pack in them like when the bank gets robbed.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,672
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Yea, they have a dye pack in them like when the bank gets robbed.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Have plenty anyway. The wife always has a 36 pack of the big rolls in the pantry from Costco at all times. Been using the poop and shower method a lot as well.

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,870
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Yeah, well, complacency is a group effort.

    I have to grin each time I read an article that describes how our post-Covid lives will be greatly changed. Yes they will. For a time.

    But then, the inevitable will come. The greater distance in time we get away from Covid-19, the greater chance that its lessons will no longer seem important.

    This is the greatest of human condition traps. Ones that we fall in to despite having reams of data that suggest we pay attention for all-time, not just until we feel comfy again.
    The media reminds us every summer of the West Nile and Zika virus'...and the toll is negligible. As with EVERY virus that hits us, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems are the ones that make up the statistics. Isn't that natural selection? A lion knows its chances are better to make a kill on a weak or old zebra or giraffe than a healthy one.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  4. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
  5. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    9,016
    Post Likes
    Well, your stats were once thought to be correct, but now, over 50% of the folks in ICU are under age 60. We also have our first teenage death.

    Further, times like these evoke panic as a natural condition. The entire country of India, not known for liberal idealism, just went on complete lockdown as of 1 PM today. Here were the stats at the time of announcement; 519 cases, 10 deaths, 38 cured.

    Based on other numbers I've seen, these are not panic numbers. But then again, this may the the reason India gets off easy. Strict measures early on.

    Panic is a given during times like this, though I understand that such talk is more or less an ARP hobby.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

  6. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,870
    Post Likes
    India has 1.3B people and 11 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 Our numbers are skewed or theirs are.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  7. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,228
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    India has 1.3B people and 11 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 Our numbers are skewed or theirs are.
    Does anyone get the feeling there is something larger than CVD19 going on here???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  8. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    9,016
    Post Likes
    Why do you say that? This or any other virus does not necessarily spread evenly.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

  9. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    15,409
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    India has 1.3B people and 11 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 Our numbers are skewed or theirs are.
    It has just hit India and has yet no time to spread?

    Large population, yes, but India is not exactly a great economic hub or tourist attraction. All of Africa has largely avoided contamination too,... but it's only because nobody much ever visits. They will get theirs in due time, just later.

    "welcome to India! have a rat and rice soup" "welcome to Africa! have an aborigine and grass soup" In an uncanny and odd way, India and Africa are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the world on 'social distancing' LOL.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    “They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    "This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

  10. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,279
    Post Likes
    Russia too ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    15,409
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Does anyone get the feeling there is something larger than CVD19 going on here???
    Well, no, not really???
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    “They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    "This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

  12. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    9,016
    Post Likes
    You mean that they're on Trump's 'shiate-hole country' list? lol

    It may be to Africa's benefit to come in late as I just read some encouraging news. That scientists say that the mutation rate is low which means that a single vaccine could see us through the whole affair.

    I'm not posting a link because it comes from a 3rd party media source that I'm not familiar with. I'm checking on it. But if true, that is the first official good news I'd say.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

  13. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
  14. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    22,023
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Lot of Chinese in Africa. Strange that some Chinese worker hasn’t brought the bug there.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Oprah/Greta 2020

  15. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    22,023
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Wonder what that vaccine would cost ?

    You know how expensive a new drug is... and if someone comes up with one... nobody else can produce it for years as a generic... and the drug company making it can pretty much set their price... and you know they will.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Oprah/Greta 2020

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR