Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You insulted me. I am not a doctor and neither are you. Can we not just be more or less nice and have a conversation. Hells Bells, I already backed and agreed with 90% of what you said.

Your prognosis Dr Scrogg?
    My prognosis is that I seem to get quite frustrated by... um, various well-known positions on ARP.

My prescription? Apology! Again, you were more or less the result of my frustration with many Americans at this point and you took the brunt.

Sorry. Where's that hat-in-hand emoji?
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    My prognosis is that I seem to get quite frustrated by... um, various well-known positions on ARP.

My prescription? Apology! Again, you were more or less the result of my frustration with many Americans at this point and you took the brunt.

Sorry. Where's that hat-in-hand emoji?
    All forgiven buddy. We are really on the same page here. Full agreement on some basic facts, but still confused on others. The human condition.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    Me either! But it would seem to me that most of the bad things are more along the bad decision/lack of preparedness lines than the health care systems in question.
    How much preparedness is enough???

Can you give us a formula for the right amount of preparedness... which would have had the USA ready???

More important... can you come up with this formula for the NEXT pandemic... the one we do not even know the name of... yet???
    The one that is gonna happen a few years down the road???

Not poking at you Scrogg... however it is difficult to plan ahead for something we do not know is coming...
    Especially when political types take aim at literally everything you do...
    And add to that; the frenzy of giving (wasting) $$$ to folks that do not earn it (buying votes).

The problem is larger than the idealistic hindsight...

BTW: there is an article in one or another thread: stating that after the N1H1 (swine flu?) thingy under BHO...
    That BHO intentionally did NOT rebuild the govt reserve stock of N95 masks???
    Anyone wanna discuss WHY that was not done???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

4. Likes scrogdog liked this post.
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Tool-Slinger;25845774]Travel cannot be stopped, what are they going to do? Pull you over and ask "papers please, where are you going?"

Actually they can. My oldest daughter who works at the credit union got her papers allowing her to travel to work yesterday and our state hasn't declared a shelter in place order yet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    How much preparedness is enough???

Can you give us a formula for the right amount of preparedness... which would have had the USA ready???
    Speaking of the human condition, you know how it goes.

I can't tell you how much is enough, but I can guarantee elevated levels of preparedness post-coronavirus.

That is, until we become lazy and complacent once again.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    Speaking of the human condition, you know how it goes.

I can't tell you how much is enough, but I can guarantee elevated levels of preparedness post-coronavirus.

That is, until we become lazy and complacent once again.

There you go... that is what I was getting to...

We as a society are quick to point fingers and say: 'you should have __________'
    Yet when we have our noses rubbed into the reality: we voted for some loon who promised free everything... and that loon paid for it by cutting healthcare preparedness...

Well...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Yeah, well, complacency is a group effort.

I have to grin each time I read an article that describes how our post-Covid lives will be greatly changed. Yes they will. For a time.

But then, the inevitable will come. The greater distance in time we get away from Covid-19, the greater chance that its lessons will no longer seem important.

This is the greatest of human condition traps. Ones that we fall in to despite having reams of data that suggest we pay attention for all-time, not just until we feel comfy again.

9. Likes ga-hvac-tech, ksefan liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I think what he means... is something like:
    Folks in Ft Worth TX... do NOT need to (and should NOT) go to Galveston for the weekend...
    Stay in Ft Worth... until the pandemic is over...
    Exactly!!!

Post Likes
    It is, IMO, the difference between living from thinking and logic...
    To living from emotions (I feel like...)
    We could fill pages and pages of threads with the messes we make, that all lead back to making a choice based on 'I feel like'... however that would be a boring life...

My personal opinion: We need to lessen the safety nets the govt provides...
    Why...
    It puts the limitations (and sometimes the pain) of reality into everyone's lives, on a regular basis...
    Which results in a larger number of folks living a more prepared and less irrational lifestyle...
    At least that is what I think would happen...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=model m-man;25845823]
    Travel cannot be stopped, what are they going to do? Pull you over and ask "papers please, where are you going?"

Actually they can. My oldest daughter who works at the credit union got her papers allowing her to travel to work yesterday and our state hasn't declared a shelter in place order yet.
    That is strange. Around here {okiehoma} there is perhaps one cop car per 500 on the road. Doesn't seem possible. Unless they set up roadblocks, that would not work here either. It might in Texas, due to shortage of alternate routes. They used to set up DUI checkpoints in OK, I just simply drove around them. "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution at 50 million decibels" That was 30 years ago, I am not the same scoff-law I was in my youth.

Point being, there are simply too many cars on the road to regulate traffic much. Odd to hear from you that is in place,..... Soviet style 'checkpoints' in our future you think? Disturbing.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    If you guys want to see a TV series of how this works out...

Go find 'The Last Ship' (I think it was on TNT)... and watch it... if I remember... it was 4 or 5 years...
    Good couple of weekends of binge watching...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Tool-Slinger;25845845]
    Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post

That is strange. Around here {okiehoma} there is perhaps one cop car per 500 on the road. Doesn't seem possible. Unless they set up roadblocks, that would not work here either. It might in Texas, due to shortage of alternate routes. They used to set up DUI checkpoints in OK, I just simply drove around them. "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution at 50 million decibels" That was 30 years ago, I am not the same scoff-law I was in my youth.

Point being, there are simply too many cars on the road to regulate traffic much. Odd to hear from you that is in place,..... Soviet style 'checkpoints' in our future you think? Disturbing.
    So which do you find more disturbing being restricted to your house or restricted to your town? If I can move freely around my town I can maintain a sense of what is going on. Social media can keep us all informed town to town cause the MsM won't. If I am limited to my house who knows what the deep state could be doing with everyone limited to their 4 walls there is no good intel to pass along.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like any of this. What scares me more than the virus is the economic impact to this country, maybe the world. There is a lot of talk that if the economy doesn't stat to pick up soon a depression may. So would you rather limit your travel or deal with a depression and the virus at the same time? I would rather limit travel and get business to work again than take a chance on a 30's era world wide depression that will take years to get out of. The reality is we could be heading there already, we are nearing the tipping point.

15. Likes ga-hvac-tech, vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=BNME8EZ;25845863]

So which do you find more disturbing being restricted to your house or restricted to your town? If I can move freely around my town I can maintain a sense of what is going on. Social media can keep us all informed town to town cause the MsM won't. If I am limited to my house who knows what the deep state could be doing with everyone limited to their 4 walls there is no good intel to pass along.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like any of this. What scares me more than the virus is the economic impact to this country, maybe the world. There is a lot of talk that if the economy doesn't stat to pick up soon a depression may. So would you rather limit your travel or deal with a depression and the virus at the same time? I would rather limit travel and get business to work again than take a chance on a 30's era world wide depression that will take years to get out of. The reality is we could be heading there already, we are nearing the tipping point.
    Agree...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast