Post Likes

Fight with brother: Corona lockdown?

So, periodically I have to block one of my brothers. For the last many years, we have a group text going between me, my 2 older brothers, and our dad.

The middle brother is the one I have to block all the time. Btw, he wouldn't make it trying to debate here. His problem is he is a "know it all", that doesn't know much.

He texted earlier that on Monday we would be going into a lockdown.

I proceeded to educate him on how irresponsible it is to be throwing that term around. Told him to research what that really means, how big of a difference there is between that and what is going on.

He proceeds to go off on me. I'm stupid. I dont know what's going on. Basically goes into a tantrum, slinging insults left and right. Honestly, he was deflecting like a teenager not being correct.

My question is this. Do you guys have friends or family that are helping to spread misinformation in your area? Are they adamant about being correct on their stance, even though we know it's wrong? And what terminology or examples are you giving them, in hope that you can get them to understand?

Post Likes
    Ahhh.... don't we have that going on right here at H-TALK ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Ahhh.... don't we have that going on right here at H-TALK ?
    Surely we do, but was more interested in personal experiences outside this forum.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Surely we do, but was more interested in personal experiences outside this forum.
    Have a friend who is quite concerned about getting the Virus especially after Walmart made him be a "greeter" this week.

I told him he should wear a hazmat suit doing that LOL. Yeah he looks and talks like "Fog Horn Leg Horn". You know something like corn. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much

Post Likes
    Some folks are freaking out right now.

They are either talking loud that it’s all bs, wanting to hit the fetal position, or just normal folk concerned. Brother, sister, co-worker, whatever...I just try to calm them down right now.

Post Likes
    What little I hear is mostly from Facebook. When the kids send me something I just point out the obvious.

With the media pushing panic, panic, panic, millennials are getting scared. I don't believe in that. My son called his sister (an RN at a major hospital) asking her about not visiting us. She told him what I have told her. We are being careful to a practical degree and leaving the outcome in God's hands.

The reality is according to the information I can find with my heart and kidneys in the shape they are along with my age and sex I am more likely not to make it through a bout with this virus. Lungs were damaged from the stuff the Ahab's released here a little while before they brought down the towers and never completely recovered. I still refuse to let fear and panic rule my life. I will look at the glass half full just like I always have and try to get others to do the same. Worse comes to worse I made my reservation a long time ago and have complete confidence in it.

7. Likes Scoobie, ga-hvac-tech, Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    One report claims that Mexico wants to help pay for the WALL....
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    One report claims that Mexico wants to help pay for the WALL....
    Funny thing...

A couple of weeks ago... in the conservative news (you know, the small internet sites, NOT to be confused with weird places like infowars)...
    It was reported that Mexico was gonna close the US border from their side (govt troops)...

We NEVER heard that in the MsM news...
    Wonder why...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    your brother might be right .....we aren't far from a lock down

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    your brother might be right .....we aren't far from a lock down
    Not gonna happen.

12. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.