Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I believe it was here in this country for a few months before the media started fanning the flames.

Post Likes
    China didn't detect it until December. (Just saying.)
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I would not be surprised if don trump started saying he may have already had it.
    Well perhaps you do to? Gees Scoobie give me a break. Yeah Thank you very much

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Only because a doctor decided to run a new test on someone. How long had it been around before this doctor decided to run the test. What if he just ran the normal flu test how much longer would it have taken to discover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It's definitely going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.
    If we could only predict the future ....

Post Likes
    Didn't isolate it and give it a name.

It could have been around for years.

PHM
    -------

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Have you been sick in the last few weeks? What were your symptoms?

I had the mildest cold of my life for three weeks -- the last week of February and the first two weeks of March.

First week - Sneezing
    Second week - Runny nose
    Third week - Mild chest congestion

No sore throat. No fever.

I took one or two zinc lozenges per day or every other day during the first two weeks. Each time I took one, my symptoms improved.

I get zinc lozenges at the drug store. They run about 6 bucks for a box of 18.
    I just had 12 coronas. I upended every single bottle and held it up to the light, I swear I never saw a single coronavirus in there. I did did feel a little woozy and fall backwards on that last one, so,... one never knows for sure,..
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

8. Likes vin lashon, Special-K liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Only because a doctor decided to run a new test on someone. How long had it been around before this doctor decided to run the test. What if he just ran the normal flu test how much longer would it have taken to discover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, it was discovered in a big lab that tracks diseases.

Credible insights into the Coronavirus by Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn074EB5NNY
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    I had something back in December that was strange; like others stated, it didn't want to go away.

Coronavirus is nothing new, it's been around forever. Some strains affect humans and other strains affect certain animals. A friend of mine posted on Facebook a doctor's diagnosis where is daughter had "Coronavirus" 3-4 months ago.

Is what some of us had the COVID-19? I honestly don't know the answer to this. I do know that COVID-19 mutates very rapidly, which is part of the reason it's so dangerous.

I'm not a doctor, there's much I do not know. But I would not take this lightly. I hope and pray that the worst of this will be over in a month, but a lot of smart people are saying we're gonna be in a mess for several months. The next two weeks will be pivotal. If the curve flattens, we might be past this soon. If it spikes, better buckle up, my friends.

11. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    I had something back in December that was strange; like others stated, it didn't want to go away.

Coronavirus is nothing new, it's been around forever. Some strains affect humans and other strains affect certain animals. A friend of mine posted on Facebook a doctor's diagnosis where is daughter had "Coronavirus" 3-4 months ago.

Is what some of us had the COVID-19? I honestly don't know the answer to this. I do know that COVID-19 mutates very rapidly, which is part of the reason it's so dangerous.

I'm not a doctor, there's much I do not know. But I would not take this lightly. I hope and pray that the worst of this will be over in a month, but a lot of smart people are saying we're gonna be in a mess for several months. The next two weeks will be pivotal. If the curve flattens, we might be past this soon. If it spikes, better buckle up, my friends.
    This winter was a mean flu season, I had the creepy cruds all winter. Due to personal problems, I ended up living with family including school age kids. They catch everything and bring it home. I threw up in a 'stripes' super size mug for 2 days, nobody ever went to a doctor. Just all got sick and got over it. Doubtful it was CV19.

The CV19 is not really all that deadly from what I gather, it is the infectiousness of it that makes it so dangerous. Incubation period is up to 10 days, large portion of that infectious. I already knew about that from some near forgotten research years ago, I am an air conditioner repairman, not a virologist. It's not the kill ratio that kills, it is the incubation period.

OK, Hypothetical....
    Virus 1 causes instant death upon contact.
    Virus 2 causes 1% death after a month. [during which time you are contagious]

Which is more dangerous? #1 sounds more scary, but what we have is closer to #2,... #1 dies on spot, #2 gets spread.

I could elaborate, but I doubt many people care what an AC repairman think about a pandemic, much.

I think the reaction is way over-blown, and if this had not been a presidential election year this would have been fairly ignored by our current standard. CDC,. posting 'reports'. I am neither endorsing nor condemning Trump, I think he was goaded and took the bait. This is not a political virus, it affects us all.

Per my research, this cannot be 'contained'. The genie is out of the bottle. Slow it to ease hospital load, yes, but it is going rampant and cannot be stopped. We are currently trying to quarantine the sick, our efforts would be better spent trying to quarantine the healthy and vulnerable.

As with all catastrophes, this one will blow over the same and be a faint memory a few years from now. Let's not wreck the economy over it. Although I did like the 1.79 gas price.

Post Likes
    Who really knows - this thing has no one certain course, from nothing to mild to sudden deterioration to death.

About a month ago I woke up with a sore throat and thought I just spent too much time on my back over night with minor drainage issues. It worsened throughout the day to the point of keeping a spit cup at my side as it really hurt to swallow. It's amazing how many times you swallow in an hour - especially when you are very conscious of each and every one. Then came the sore chest, unproductive cough and chills. No messy stomach stuff at all - this alone makes me suspect as this thing is mostly respiratory in nature.

It cost me two days of work which butted up against the weekend and then I was fine. There were rumblings of CV, but nothing like the past couple weeks. I had a flu shot around the holidays. Tests did not exist for it at that time.

I really hope I had it and got lucky with mild symptoms and resultant acquired immunity. I further hope means my wife had no significant symptoms while being exposed as we took no special precautions. Again, with immunity being made in the process.

Again - who the hell really knows? Still being very cautious and following all guidelines. Work is minimal and our greater St. Louis area is under stay at home orders. I've stock piled some goods a little bit more than usual. Really hoping I don't feel the need for more .223 and 9mm. If this continues much longer some folks will start feeling desperate.

My gut says the grocery staples will come back as many manufactures are stepping up and streamlining production. Including good ol' AB making hand sanitizer. I restocked my bar after my daughter's latest visit as she particularly likes to deplete my whiskey supplies.

We can survive the virus - not so sure about people's reaction to it and the decisions they make when scared.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post

Yes, the family of "coronaviruses" have indeed been around a long time. SAR-CoV-2 however, is new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12