Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    OH! I thought you meant as a direct result of The Wuhan Flu.

Because it is my opinion that in a few weeks that will be pretty much a done deal. A new mania will take over the media and then this one will fade away as being a major deal. And really; that's all it is - a triumph of advertising. <g>

The most serious issue is going to be main-street financial. Wall Street and all that will be fine but once all the credit card bills start showing up at Ma & Pa Kettle's house is when the current panic will end and the real problems will manifest.

That depletion of cash and credit will make consumers Seriously pull-back and that will ripple through the economy overall. That lack (and the perception of lack) of household funding will likely impact the AC business negatively. And I think we can easily agree that toilet tissue sales are likely to be flat for a good while. <g>

PHM
    --------------
    This IS about SARS-CoV-2 or the Coronavirus. I don't even know what the Wuhan Flu is.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    That may be because your sense of irony and perception of obvious silliness isn't as well developed as mine. <g>

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    This IS about SARS-CoV-2 or the Coronavirus. I don't even know what the Wuhan Flu is.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

3. Likes BBeerme liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That may be because your sense of irony and perception of obvious silliness isn't as well developed as mine. <g>

PHM
    ---------
    I get that you are being silly. But silly talk doesn't deserve much of a response.

Post Likes
    Probably have a resurgence this fall. Bets anyone?

Post Likes
    OH! I thought you meant as a direct result of The Wuhan Flu.

Because it is my opinion that in a few weeks that will be pretty much a done deal. A new mania will take over the media and then this one will fade away as being a major deal. And really; that's all it is - a triumph of advertising. <g>

The most serious issue is going to be main-street financial. Wall Street and all that will be fine but once all the credit card bills start showing up at Ma & Pa Kettle's house is when the current panic will end and the real problems will manifest.

That depletion of cash and credit will make consumers Seriously pull-back and that will ripple through the economy overall. That lack (and the perception of lack) of household funding will likely impact the AC business negatively. And I think we can easily agree that toilet tissue sales are likely to be flat for a good while. <g>

PHM
    --------------
    We agree that it is going to impact the AC business negatively. You are talking about causality. Cause lies in the past and you are talking about future events and saying they are the cause, which is not possible. Now an effect can also be a cause but not until it happens and it also has a cause. In this case it's SARS-CoV-2.

Besides the economical concerns even if your prediction about the virus is true many people will not want people coming into their home for maintenances etc unless it is absolutely necessary.

How did the media get China to go through the extreme measures that they did? How did the media control the doctors and Epidemiologists?

I expect your response to be that it is a prediction but then what was the cause of your prediction. It is time you took this virus seriously.
    Last edited by pageyjim; 03-23-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Post Likes
    for the last 26 years, March and April have been slow, it's always slow. We plan for it to be slow. So we are not in a panic YET!

The good news is, it's been warm enough that the ice is off the lake our seasonal OFF GRID cabin is on, the only way to get to the cabin is by boat (or ATV when the lake is frozen) it is extremely remote. Our nearest neighbor is a mile across the lake and the cabin is surrounded by a 1200 acre conservancy, which is all swamp.

With the state on "pause" I see no reason to sit there and be miserably bored
    I going to get the boat ready and head up to the cabin
    PANIC
    Rarely works

8. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    My friends who have a business are afraid to lose it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by reymitchel View Post
    My friends who have a business are afraid to lose it
    I feel for them this is one time being a one man shop seems advantage's

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    RTB Mechanical
    734-315-0064
    http://rtbmechanical.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dkalasz View Post
    I feel for them this is one time being a one man shop seems advantage's

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    I feel for some of these companies that are in the wrong sector of the business. If you could add plumbing, you may be able to get some work coming in. Defiantly essential.

Yes. I am a one man shop and I will survive this just fine. I have not blown my profits on expensive new trucks. I could survive for a few years without any income. Might have to just lower some business expenses.

Everyone just has to tighten their belt a little and see what they can do to survive this temporary situation. Remember- summer is coming and will be here soon.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

12. Likes Dad, Metalman0880 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Here in Orlando for the most part business is continuing. Vendors have no-contact guidleines in place. Most office staff are working from home. There are restrictions in place for office visits by field employess and others. We are down to a core office staff of about 5. Next week I am going to talk with the Operation Manager about instituting a policy of all warehouse business with field people being done in the parking lot barring inclement weather. Poodle Head Mikey, this virus is very real and far from being over with ! All part of the new reality until this is done.

Post Likes
    I don't dispute that it's real. I do dispute that paralyzing and severely damaging the US economy while freaking out much of the population is warranted for what is apparently just another virus to contend with.

Want to self-quarantine? Go ahead. Hell; let me know and I'll bring you the supplies you need.

Want to wear a mask and disinfect every possible thing in every direction? Go ahead - I will fully support your decision for yourself.

But don't try to force me to buy into what I consider to be an unjustified hysteria-driven mania.

All my life I have heard: "Yeah, well; it's Different this time!"

Every stock market peak, every stock market pullback, every newly elected official, every new disease, every real estate market issue: "Oh but this time - it's different!"

And you know what? It's never once been different. <g>

PHM
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by marybear View Post
    Here in Orlando for the most part business is continuing. Vendors have no-contact guidleines in place. Most office staff are working from home. There are restrictions in place for office visits by field employess and others. We are down to a core office staff of about 5. Next week I am going to talk with the Operation Manager about instituting a policy of all warehouse business with field people being done in the parking lot barring inclement weather.

Poodle Head Mikey, this virus is very real and far from being over with ! All part of the new reality until this is done.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

15. Likes 2sac, Metalman0880, ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    Shortly after you mentioned this I ended up talking to our insurance agent. We do have it but, I was told if we were seeking to make a claim related to everything going on with this virus that coverage would be excluded. I’ll find out why exactly on Monday. It was a good idea though Dad. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got a similar letter from my Insurance company. basically:

yeaa you do in fact have Business Interruption Insurance:

to bad it doesn't cover biological or pandemic situations, so sorry
    PANIC
    Rarely works

17. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post.
    Post Likes

19. Likes Metalman0880, coolerik liked this post.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast