Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    It was noted and appreciated.

How you guys going on the coast? All but a standstill here. Company laid a considerable number of people off due to a shutdown of large construction jobs. I've got a couple smaller ones ticking along... But I suspect that won't be for much longer.

High risk/sensitive sites now require additional paperwork and protocols to be completed. Emergency repairs only, no preventative.

When I went to supply house yesterday, they said I was one of the very very few people that came to the door... And they would rather I didn't. Phone in orders preferred, pickup outside.

Interesting times. Best to just nuke this thing, imo. Get it done and then get going again. It'll be busy playing catch up when businesses start turning the lights back on. Assuming businesses survive... Leave any political discussion of that to other threads.
    I got hired at a new job.. start on the 30th. I am an exception right now I am sure.

Those freezers and coolers full of food need to stay running.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

2. Likes 2sac, Metalman0880, icemeister, VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just got back from a no heat call at a liquor store. In NYS they are allowed to be open. Thank god. While out got another call from a new customer with no heat. Asked if everyone was healthy and explained the OT charge. He said as long as I was healthy he will pay whatever. You see the media and people can talk all they want. At the end of the day the food still needs to stay frozen, people need heat or cooling. End of story. It may be slow now, but shortly no one will be on here. We will be playing catch up and swamped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes VTP99, Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    Just got back from a no heat call at a liquor store. In NYS they are allowed to be open. Thank god. While out got another call from a new customer with no heat. Asked if everyone was healthy and explained the OT charge. He said as long as I was healthy he will pay whatever. You see the media and people can talk all they want. At the end of the day the food still needs to stay frozen, people need heat or cooling. End of story. It may be slow now, but shortly no one will be on here. We will be playing catch up and swamped.

Pot and Liquor are necessities.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

6. Likes Metalman0880, trippintl0, Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I don't believe that is the case.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4525...-March-20-2020

I would think we would be under repair and maintenance and they are allowed to be open for homeowners. Look to the category near the end of the list.
    You are correct. Maintenance & repair is allowed and considered essential, especially for older folks.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    Federal government is telling business owners with under 500 employees to keep paying everyone for 2 weeks at full pay and then 10 weeks at 2/3 pay. While the guys stay home. We will pay you back later.

What would you guys do?

Post Likes
    Heres my opinion and its just than. An opinion. We as a company will pay you for as long as we can. But there also needs to be a business for you to return to. We laid that out and everyone was appreciative of it. Only time will tell. The security of the company and our employees is most important. But the company has got to be able to operate also.

While Im sure there will be extended grace periods on things, and maybe we could push things a little if need be. But thats really a last resort I dont want to explore unless absolutely needed.

10. Likes Scoobie, lzenglish liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Here's a good question for everyone...

Do you have Business Interruption Insurance? May be a great time to read that policy to see if you can collect to save your business and pay employees.

Shortly after you mentioned this I ended up talking to our insurance agent. We do have it but, I was told if we were seeking to make a claim related to everything going on with this virus that coverage would be excluded. Ill find out why exactly on Monday. It was a good idea though Dad. Thanks.

12. Likes Dad, lzenglish liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yeah; I wish I had some pics of her myself. I have no idea how I would take them though.

A quiet little French girl - although she looks a bit more Irish than French. About 5' 3" / 5' 4" and maybe 110 lbs. Just Really beautiful and with laughing eyes - it's like her face does actually light-up. I am always delighted to spend time with her.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Pics of the customer?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    This spring and summer ac's will break down and need to be repaired. I think there will be less planned changeouts and upgrades and less maintenance than normal. The skilled technicians will still be working and maybe less need or want for "salestechs" than normal if things go this way.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    This summer? <g>

How the hell long do you think this panic-attack silliness is going to last?

PHM
    --------

This spring and summer ac's will break down and need to be repaired. I think there will be less planned changeouts and upgrades and less maintenance than normal. The skilled technicians will still be working and maybe less need or want for "salestechs" than normal if things go this way.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    This summer? <g>

PHM
    --------
    Estimate is running 2 to 4 months fry what I can tell

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    RTB Mechanical
    734-315-0064
    http://rtbmechanical.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    This summer? <g>

PHM
    --------
    IDK but do you think this summer will be like last summer and the summer before that for the residential hvac industry as a whole?

I will bet that this season will be less profitable and less busy as the last several in general and there will be less maintenances and installs than usual.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    OH! I thought you meant as a direct result of The Wuhan Flu.

Because it is my opinion that in a few weeks that will be pretty much a done deal. A new mania will take over the media and then this one will fade away as being a major deal. And really; that's all it is - a triumph of advertising. <g>

The most serious issue is going to be main-street financial. Wall Street and all that will be fine but once all the credit card bills start showing up at Ma & Pa Kettle's house is when the current panic will end and the real problems will manifest.

That depletion of cash and credit will make consumers Seriously pull-back and that will ripple through the economy overall. That lack (and the perception of lack) of household funding will likely impact the AC business negatively. And I think we can easily agree that toilet tissue sales are likely to be flat for a good while. <g>

PHM
    --------------

IDK but do you think this summer will be like last summer and the summer before that for the residential hvac industry as a whole?

I will bet that this season will be less profitable and less busy as the last several in general and there will be less maintenances and installs than usual.
    PHM
    --------

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast