Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Very good example of healthy skepticism. Not only that, such analysis can help policy makers make better decisions. (Whereas believing crap like "CN intentionally infected the world" has no scientific basis, and doesn't even help us make decisions about what to do now).

2. Likes 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Reading through the threads on CV, most of what I am reading is a healthy discussion of rationale skepticism. Virus vs Quarantine, is what we are doing justified, are the numbers correct, what is the missing data... etc

But there are a few posts from a minority of posters that go past what I would call healthy skepticism and into "anti-science." For the conservative ARP I would put that line somewhere around the jump from "democrats are politicizing this" and "democrats are intentionally using CV to harm America." For absolutely sure, if you believe the democrats are involved in the creation or spread of CV... or if you think CV isn't a disease that warrants at minimum, special observation... you are anti-science / loon.

I am just curious where ya'll would put that line?
    I have read hundreds of posts here on the topic, never saw a single post that might vaguely fit that description.

Most of the guys here are HVAC type and generally "above average intelligence". Just don't tick me off and make me pull my VOO_DOO doll out of the closet,.. LOL buddy.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Trump is not leading. He has not ordered any company to make what we need.

We have 50 States with 50 different approaches to what is happening.
    That is the way it is supposed to work. The current president is not a dictator. States' rights matter.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Very good example of healthy skepticism. Not only that, such analysis can help policy makers make better decisions. (Whereas believing crap like "CN intentionally infected the world" has no scientific basis, and doesn't even help us make decisions about what to do now).
    Bailing out lazy people has no scientific basis either... so it is not scientific...
    However it is provable that one of the political parties in the USA literally uses it to buy votes...

So much for making a god of science...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234