Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 70

Thread: Dow Jones

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    21,092
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    When were you last in the work force ace or where you ever? Yeah. LOL. Thank you very much
    I was on a roof last month changing out a Heat Exchanger.

    You are a teacher, when have you worked, period

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,174
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    When the computers algorithms are being signaled to buy... You had better be vetted in something. It will be a wild ride to the top.
    Agree...

    One of the reasons this dip was as bad as it has been...

    Is computer management of accounts.

    The computer does NOT know what the reason... just that if the stock goes below xxx... then dump it... which of course starts a row of dominoes falling...

    IMO we are getting near the bottom...

    Not sure I am qualified to say anything beyond that.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    21,092
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Agree...

    One of the reasons this dip was as bad as it has been...

    Is computer management of accounts.

    The computer does NOT know what the reason... just that if the stock goes below xxx... then dump it... which of course starts a row of dominoes falling...

    IMO we are getting near the bottom...

    Not sure I am qualified to say anything beyond that.
    Those computers also have a buy signal, which is why we see these fluctuations.

    And what is alarming is they can sell in one second millions of shares. Driving the price down before you can log on and stop the bleed from your personal account.

    And then we have the problem of the US not making anything durable right now.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Likes
    Once the virus is gone, itll go up 10k in 2 days.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Dayton Oh
    Posts
    2,340
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Once the virus is gone, itll go up 10k in 2 days.
    Problem with that is getting all the factory back up and running. Gonna be more than a few days.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Problem with that is getting all the factory back up and running. Gonna be more than a few days.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True. Let's hope that there is not an influx of unskilled labor once this blows over. I hope those that are laid off come back to the job they were doing before. Displacement may be huge.

    Just a theory.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,271
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I was on a roof last month changing out a Heat Exchanger.

    You are a teacher, when have you worked, period
    Why do you make up complete falsehoods on ARP ace. I have never been a teacher in my whole life and have never taught in a class room. I have worked in HVAC all my adult life installing and repairing ACs and furnaces and have never stopped working.

    Several members here can testify to that such as GA, MOFO, David, etc. I got my GA unrestricted Conditioned Air license back in 1990.

    Where this BS come from ace. Please tell us all and let us know? I'm curious as to where you invented this falsehood out of whole cloth.

    Let's look at you for a moment. I have a very good memory. Many years ago you told us that you could not work and was staying at home due to a very serious auto accident you were in and messed your back up bad so you couldn't work in HVAC and probably never will again. We all felt sorry for you predicament.

    So when did your back get better and when did you start to work again. Inquiring minds want to know? Please try to be honest when posting on here.

    I could care less about you embellishing yourself but please don't make up lies about me or any-other posters on ARP ace if you don't want to be called out on it. Gees just unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,279
    Post Likes
    Say it ain't so, Ace is an enigma

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    21,092
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Why do you make up complete falsehoods on ARP ace. I have never been a teacher in my whole life and have never taught in a class room. I have worked in HVAC all my adult life installing and repairing ACs and furnaces and have never stopped working.

    Several members here can testify to that such as GA, MOFO, David, etc. I got my GA unrestricted Conditioned Air license back in 1990.

    Where this BS come from ace. Please tell us all and let us know? I'm curious as to where you invented this falsehood out of whole cloth.

    Let's look at you for a moment. I have a very good memory. Many years ago you told us that you could not work and was staying at home due to a very serious auto accident you were in and messed your back up bad so you couldn't work in HVAC and probably never will again. We all felt sorry for you predicament.

    So when did your back get better and when did you start to work again. Inquiring minds want to know? Please try to be honest when posting on here.

    I could care less about you embellishing yourself but please don't make up lies about me or any-other posters on ARP ace if you don't want to be called out on it. Gees just unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    When this site first Started you listed yourself as an instructor. That’s where I got it. And many years ago, I could not work. Heck. I could barely walk.
    But I did not lay down and give up Glenn, I have been doing whatever I can. I got an opportunity to work and I took it.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,271
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    When this site first Started you listed yourself as an instructor. That’s where I got it. And many years ago, I could not work. Heck. I could barely walk.
    But I did not lay down and give up Glenn, I have been doing whatever I can. I got an opportunity to work and I took it.
    You are mistaken ace. I have never been an "instructor" nor have I ever claimed to be.

    The closest I have ever been to be an "instructor" would have been when I joined the Tennessee Nat. Guard in 70 after serving in the Army in Korea and Nam.

    As a Sgt. I had to give training classes on various tactical subjects such as proper radio communications, escape and evasion, etc. but I never recall ever claiming that I was an "instructor" and never gave classes in HVAC or any other subject.

    You must have the same problem Joe Biden has. In any event glad to hear that you recovered from your injury. Yeah. Thank you very much

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    21,092
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    You are mistaken ace. I have never been an "instructor" nor have I ever claimed to be.

    The closest I have ever been to be an "instructor" would have been when I joined the Tennessee Nat. Guard in 70 after serving in the Army in Korea and Nam.

    As a Sgt. I had to give training classes on various tactical subjects such as proper radio communications, escape and evasion, etc. but I never recall ever claiming that I was an "instructor" and never gave classes in HVAC or any other subject.

    You must have the same problem Joe Biden has. In any event glad to hear that you recovered from your injury. Yeah. Thank you very much
    Well Glenn, that’s being a teacher. That’s what Sargents do. Teach kids what they need to know

  12. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,551
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I predict the market will be back to it's most recent high by years end.
    Only the smartest investors will buy buy buy right now.

    Sidenote
    Wuhan China just stated it's confirmed no new cases.
    That is because they made the virus and the antidote in the same lab. Sure there was some collateral damage, but how else were they going to make it look like something that naturally occurred. Never trust Communists, especially when they are losing.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,551
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I hate to see this Market crashing. A bunch of people my age will either have to stay in the Workforce or re-enter it
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    When were you last in the work force ace or where you ever? Yeah. LOL. Thank you very much
    Give Ace credit, he seems like he is on the side of America for a change.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR