Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes

Has the virus cost you your job yet?

Lots of guy are down to “sweeping the shop” because of how many businesses are closed. Homeowners are not calling. The phones are dead.

His this crisis cost you your job yet? With the service industry getting crushed right now, how long can you hold out?

Post Likes
    until grocery stores start closing, i think I will be okay

even if they close, still think they will have breakdowns.....

Post Likes
    More mild winter than virus. Although I'm still waiting to figure out spring PMs-if, when. If it levels off and even decreases, I'll be back to 'normal'. If it gets worse, probably not do them unless it's a repair.
    Come full AC season, (and you guys in the South now) combination of hot/humid, and everyone home doesn't look like a good thing.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Looks like where I work, hours are being severely cut.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    We have 3 guys seating home with no work, very few getting more than 20 hours a week. I'm busy but it all could change with a blink.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Our techs and installers are slow. It’s that time of the year plus this virus. Made decision yesterday to make sure they are being paid regardless of the hours. They have families and still need to eat. Hopefully other contractors follow the same. It’s not always about the bottom line...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Larger companies the workers with seniority should be allowing the less senior guys get some hours.

This affects ALL of us and WE have to help each other as much as possible. It will end, 2, 4, 6, 8 weeks but it will end. Help out your co workers do not rely on uncle Sam!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Larger companies the workers with seniority should be allowing the less senior guys get some hours.
    Been doing just that, the problem is customers don't like new faces and not all service mechanics have equal skill-sets, the guys that can do my work are busy, the guys seating home are the rooftop jockeys.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    With the mild winter we had, the in between seasons, and now this virus our shop is getting hit hard.

We have a cushion but that won’t last long with so little work coming in.

Post Likes
    Might have to throw in the towel. I was informed this morning I may have been indirectly exposed.
    Should know more tomorrow. Hopefully I can get enough work till the end of the week.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Been doing just that, the problem is customers don't like new faces and not all service mechanics have equal skill-sets, the guys that can do my work are busy, the guys seating home are the rooftop jockeys.
    I realize but we have to share the small pool of water that’s available

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Might have to throw in the towel. I was informed this morning I may have been indirectly exposed.
    Should know more tomorrow. Hopefully I can get enough work till the end of the week.
    Stay home until you know more.

Post Likes
    He needs to go out and infect as many people as possible. Get this thing over and done with sooner than later. He has a responsibility to humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Stay home until you know more.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

14. Likes crazzycajun, zw17, slctech liked this post.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast