+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has the virus cost you your job yet?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    The problem is that there is no comparative data that can suggest a causal link between virus progression and measures taken taken to prevent that transmission, hence, what China did cannot be proven to be a relevant measure of success.

People like to assume there is such a link, but there is no control population that lets us make that determination with certainty.

What we CAN say is that a population that is is dense in urban areas that has a culture that includes a lot of kissing on the cheek and putting hands on other's bodies is the most prone to transmission, and that is Italy.

In the US, we have reached a point where the majority of transmission is being limited to nursing homes and healthcare facilities. This outbreak will not equal the numbers of infected people, or deaths, compared to last year's common flue virus, which makes these measured fall in the area of being extreme.

At this time last year, thousands had died of the flue in the US. We don't yet have a thousand Covid deaths.

Compare the Covid death count to the tens of thousands of flue deaths. For some unknown reason, everyone is fine with 30,000 people dying of the flue. The flue deaths are just as dead, but this for some reason is seen a a greater threat. People assume it is easier to transit this infection, but there are no real studies to prove that...even simply by counting the numbers of infected people.

We are, IMHO, about to turn the corner here. You are free to disagree. I'm sure you will.
    You were the one assuming that the progression of the virus is only 8 weeks while ignoring the obvious differences being taken by your example.

Where is your data to back up your point about the "majority of transmission is being limited to nursing homes and healthcare facilities?"

As far as trying to compare it with the flu denies the projections from the experts. If you deny the experts try using common sense when you take into account we don't have any natural immunities to this. That it has a much longer incubation period where it can be transmitted and an estimated 10-34 greater mortality rate.

Some people think action is needed before it gets worse rather than after.

Post Likes
    The major thing we have to fear... is fear itself!!!
    (note GA did not say only...)

We need to quit going high emotion, take reasonable measures (take care of oneself and do not expose oneself more than necessary), and ride this thing out.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

3. Likes pageyjim liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Sold a 2 week long job this morning. Going to take Monday to put it together but thank god.

It's going to be a nice work area as well. Vacant house totally gutted to the studs. Nobody there but me, key in a lockbox.

Variable speed AH, 2 stage OD, 2 zones, full duct system.
    I am guessing this is a HP/AH???
    Are you gonna stage 2 stages of heat strips along with the zoning???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    I was hoping reme halo sales would go up but not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Nobody likes you, nobody gives af, what have to say. Go away.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Sup Lion?

Relax and forget it is me and just take it for the truth that it is, if not dispute it. If it is nonsense that should be easy to do.

Post Likes
    It's going to be 10kw backup, heat loss came out to right around 34k. Not sure I want or need to stage them. I know the honeywell panels dont do a good job of that.

Just found out this morning that they want to condition the basement. Going back and forth on emails right now telling them a mini will be the best solution. So that should tack on some more work once we get that worked out. They have 4 fans, a dryer and range that I told them I can just T & M while I'm there.

Post Likes
    It's going to be 10kw backup, heat loss came out to right around 34k. They will be staged 5kw/5kw based on zones calling. Just found out this morning that they want to condition the basement. Going back and forth on emails right now telling them a mini will be the best solution. So that should tack on some more work once we get that worked out. They have 4 fans, a dryer and range that I told them I can just T & M while I'm there.
    This is new construction right? Have you considered they may do something to halt residential construction? I hope it works out well for all involved but may want to consider that in payment arrangements etc...JS
    Last edited by pageyjim; 03-22-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Post Likes
    It's going to be 10kw backup, heat loss came out to right around 34k. Not sure I want or need to stage them. I know the honeywell panels dont do a good job of that.

Just found out this morning that they want to condition the basement. Going back and forth on emails right now telling them a mini will be the best solution. So that should tack on some more work once we get that worked out. They have 4 fans, a dryer and range that I told them I can just T & M while I'm there.
    Natural gas is plentiful in my area... few HP's (other than apartment buildings that do not have gas at all).

I have never tried to stage strips as backup with a Honeywell zone board...
    Did it with a few relays and an EWC board years ago.

We have done 3 and 4 stage heat (staged strips after HP) without zoning a few times... worked pretty well!

Figured if you were gonna do it... to ask you to start a thread in the PRO section and detail it out for us...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

10. Likes mofotech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    This is new construction right? Have you considered they may do something to halt residential construction? I hope it works out well for all involved but may want to consider that in payment arrangements etc...JS
    Nope, dont touch new construction but occasionally. This is a fully gutted remodel. Referral client from a friend of a friend.

Post Likes
    Wish I could take off for a month, but its not going to happen.

Post Likes

I wouldn't bother staging 10 kw. I did on HP's stage 15/20 kw heaters using outdoor tstat

Post Likes
    Still working. A lot of people don't want to take on the challenge of refrigeration. But it is always needed.

15. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes

Install some Fujitsu medium static slim duct systems. Air temp also has equipment that is cheaper but it has lower ESP to deal with. There is also Mitsubishi but their equipment is an arm and leg cost wise.

On a side note as some of you guys know me that I work in two fields. My hvac work picked up some pace once it warmed up. I took care of most of those folks already. My other job working in a pathology lab as histotech we have seen a hugh drop in receiving specimens ( we mainly get biopsy dealing with stomach issues). Alot of doctor offices are closed and alot of outpatient centers have slowed down or completely shutdown ( for example everything we received from NY is shut down now)

Where we use to get 700-800 cases a month the number has gone down to about 100-130 cases. The company I work for is a real big company and weren't sure what they had planned for us but at the end they did right with us. They have now gone down into a semi or almost complete shut down mode. They plan to pay us out 2 weeks and they staged everyone schedule so we work also one week for a total of 3 weeks of pay we should still get then after that they are hopeful this goes away or whatever government benefits will kick into place.

So it's kinda nice I'm off one week starting this Monday then I work the following week and then off again. The thing that does suks there is barely any work so I'll be pulling straws looking to do something for 8 hrs loll. I get bored too quick like TB was saying.... Loll maybe I'll go on ARP and bother some of you folks at that time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    Install some Fujitsu medium static slim duct systems. Air temp also has equipment that is cheaper but it has lower ESP to deal with. There is also Mitsubishi but their equipment is an arm and leg cost wise.

On a side note as some of you guys know me that I work in two fields. My hvac work picked up some pace once it warmed up. I took care of most of those folks already. My other job working in a pathology lab as histotech we have seen a hugh drop in receiving specimens ( we mainly get biopsy dealing with stomach issues). Alot of doctor offices are closed and alot of outpatient centers have slowed down or completely shutdown ( for example everything we received from NY is shut down now)

Where we use to get 700-800 cases a month the number has gone down to about 100-130 cases. The company I work for is a real big company and weren't sure what they had planned for us but at the end they did right with us. They have now gone down into a semi or almost complete shut down mode. They plan to pay us out 2 weeks and they staged everyone schedule so we work also one week for a total of 3 weeks of pay we should still get then after that they are hopeful this goes away or whatever government benefits will kick into place.

So it's kinda nice I'm off one week starting this Monday then I work the following week and then off again. The thing that does suks there is barely any work so I'll be pulling straws looking to do something for 8 hrs loll. I get bored too quick like TB was saying.... Loll maybe I'll go on ARP and bother some of you folks at that time.
    Hey MoFo...

ARP has calmed down a bit since you left... and some fresh blood would be fun...
    The usual folks are stirring the usual pots... nothing new

Will send you a PM...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Not yet. For the time being I am considered essential office staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in