Post Likes

Hmm Testo 557 vacume problem

Good day,

I have a Testo 557 problem.
    The testo has a vacume unit attached.

When i pull a vacume is got to about 40 pascal what is a good vacume.

Then i close alle the ports on the testo so also the vacume port.

Normally the vacume would stay but in my case it goes up prety fast.

I am a new installer for mini plit MHI airco units so it would be nce if someone could help me.
    I also bought a new testo vacume meter but here i get the same problem.

Hope to hear from oou.

Greetings from the netherlands

Post Likes
    I used to own a Testo digital manifold and found the high side transducer leaked into the casing of the gauge set. I opened unit up, unscrewed the transducer, then screwed it back in with Leak Lock.

You may want to open it up and check the vacuum transducer, possibly the same issue?

Post Likes
    @CircusEnvy

Thanks for the replie.
    I will give that a trie because leaking manifold is very frustrating.

Post Likes
    I dont mean to sound preachy, but try to upgrade to large hoses, core tools, and a bluvac micron gauge. I've given up on trying to pressure test or hold vacuums through a manifold. There are soooooo many places for a leak to appear. If you reduce the amount of hoses, ports, and connectors, it reduces the chance of a random leak in your gauge or manifold from making you think your system is leaking. It also reduces the time it takes to pull a vacuum, but thats almost secondary to making it easier to eliminate leaks.

Post Likes
    dont pull a vacuum through your manifold.

Get appion core remover tools, 5/8 or larger hoses, and a quality micron gauge. The micron gauge will screw onto the side port of the appion, the hoses attach to the end port and the vacuum pump. thats it. makes pulling deep vacuum much much quicker.

I fought the setup for years. stated at the end of a day it didnt matter cause during vacuum i would clean the site. Well, i had a job with several units in one location and thought what the heck. Im mad i didnt listen to everyone before and go that route.

Post Likes
    I own a Testo 557. I gave up on pulling a vacuum through gauges. Only use it for service and charging after evac and valves opened. Use analog for pressure test and appion speed kit v for evac