Post Likes

Are you changing Filters??

I cant remember which potential outbreak it was, but it was decided if it hit, we would silently stop changing filters and N95 mask would be worn at any opening of an Air handler.
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    I think it was AHRI had a short write up a few days ago about this outbreak and filters. The short of it was, since the virus is attached to you spit and snot, its not getting sucked into filter. And, if it was to get sucked into filters, only a hepa would catch it some of the time. i think it said its size was something like .08 microns and hepa normally does like .3 or something like that. Going from memory so the fine details may be a little off.

Post Likes
    Health Officials are coming out now that Coronavirus could survive up to four days on many surfaces. Also people Sneeze and Cough putting droplets in the air. This is droplets, on down to a fine mist. Ive seen some really scary stuff growing in Air Conditioning equipment. Id say that about 15 to 25% of the Commercial Equipment Filters Ive changed, was due to the Mold Growing on them. Seems to be an uptick in the Mold, since they started using Recycled Materials in them.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=madhat;25843572]Health Officials are coming out now that Coronavirus could survive up to four days on many surfaces. Also people Sneeze and Cough putting droplets in the air. This is droplets, on down to a fine mist. Ive seen some really scary stuff growing in Air Conditioning equipment. Id say that about 15 to 25% of the Commercial Equipment Filters Ive changed, was due to the Mold Growing on them. Seems to be an uptick in the Mold, since they started using Recycled Materials in them.[/QUOT

Have not put those 2 together yet but recycled material is quite common.